Ballin to finally get a run this week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Groom would work if Monaghan was not on the field to dog his every move. But there's no way he will deliver a debutant half and hooker on the same day.

I would go with Matas side but would keep Monas at Hooker with Ballin on the bench and Bani on the wing.

Monas has some strengths and like it or not he has some experience and we will need his kicking game if Orford is out.

I have to say that the backline is not a bad option Matabele.

Why the surprise? You've been listening to the new proliferation of nay sayers that have unfrotunately sprouted in this place. This site was originally for realistic, intelligent and constructive analysis was it not?

I would go with Matas side but would keep Monas at Hooker with Ballin on the bench and Bani on the wing.

Monas has some strengths and like it or not he has some experience and we will need his kicking game if Orford is out.

Fair point. but the minute he does a tango or runs a concentric circle, hook him!!!!!

Dunley was back in PL on Saturday so maybe not.

Are you sure that Dunley was in PL on Saturday night? I didn't notice him.

MSE indicates that he is out with an ankle injury until round 3 or 4. That means that ballin must play this week. Whooo hoooo.

[quote author=Garts]
Dunley was back in PL on Saturday so maybe not.

Are you sure that Dunley was in PL on Saturday night? I didn't notice him.

MSE indicates that he is out with an ankle injury until round 3 or 4. That means that ballin must play this week. Whooo hoooo.
[/quote]

Not 100% sure. I was at the end of the ground at the time and I thought I heard them announce No 22 Shane Dunley had taken the field. I could not see him and asked my mate and he said yeah its him.

But we had been at the Brookie Hotel since 3pm so good chance we were both wrong.

mata your latest site poll proves me correct

Garts - close but not shane, we had a double take after hearing it, was a canberra player.

We knew Ballin was playing when he gave away a very stupid penalty to get wests started later in the game

I don't understand where everyone is coming from with Monaghan. While I wouldn't rate him in the top 5 Hookers in the game like Byso, I certainly rate him. He keeps the structure completely tight, he defends like a demon when not directly on the try line, and his attack is improving slightly every week.

because they want to see ballin play... because he carves up PL... (from what ive seen hes solid at best in PL)

Whats PL anyway? I do remember Monaghan in Canberras PL before we signed them at half back and he was dead set carving them up and they won the comp that year. But thats different as its Monaghan.

Changes i would make.. is move Lyon to centre.. Burns to 5/8 Groom to half and Monas at hooker.

Changes likely to be made by Des..

Willow to 5/8...Burns at half... Monas hooker.. Lyon centre Moorewood on the bench

We must be watching different games. He doesn't just have nothing in attack, he impedes the rest of the team.

I beg to differ Mata -

Things like his 40/20 against The Warriors last year;
Things like his match winner @ Brooky against Broncos;
Things like playing on when having a broken nose;
Things like morale & body language;
Things like his 2/3 try effort against Sharks in 05;

etc etc...I could go on....

He won't ever be Danny Buderus, Robbie Farrah, Cameron Smith & co. but he does tend to deliver in my opinion when we need him to deliver.

I bet if our forwards played the ball quicker, he'd have more room. If our forwards MADE more metres, and put the opposition on their back heels, he'd have more room. I tend to think it's the team as a whole that guides what style of pass Monaghan utilises out of dummy 1/2.

Put him behind the 06 Brisbane pack - and I reckon we'd be thinking he's fantastic.

That said - I also think our forwards are stepping up this year, so hope this means Monnas will have a good one as well.

Monas (for all his faults) does defend well & his long kicking game is a big help and would be better if he remained at 9. I agree with no #7 sentiment.

If we then have Ballin to bench we have minimal changes to lineup, which is sensible.

I don't see losing Matai as a problem. Not because I'm another bagger but for the first time in a while we will most likely fit our players into the team comfortably without playing guys out of position to accommodate others.

I don't see losing Matai as a problem. Not because I'm another bagger but for the first time in a while we will most likely fit our players into the team comfortably without playing guys out of position to accommodate others.

my thoughts exactly

Willow to 5/8...Burns at half... Monas hooker.. Lyon centre Moorewood on the bench

Surely even Des wouldn't go into a game especially one against the tiggers with a bench of 4 props - Rose, Bryant, Hall and Morewood. !pray: !pray: !pray:

Promoting Ballin will cause less disruption to the rest of the team.

[quote author=KaZa]

Surely even Des wouldn't go into a game especially one against the tiggers with a bench of 4 props - Rose, Bryant, Hall and Morewood. !pray: !pray: !pray:

Promoting Ballin will cause less disruption to the rest of the team.
[/quote]

Dont even whisper such things Tooks. :naughty: Ill have nightmares tonight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7