Ballin to be announced a tiger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't like the overall way the club has handled this one, and I wish Ballin all the best for his future

However I do feel that the NRL has moved past his style of play and we have done extremely well with our pickups to replace him and will be a far more unpredictable and exciting team on attack

Hard not to agree with all of this, Kiwi. Yes, he deserved better and will always be a Manly legend. Great player, even better bloke. Wished he could have gone out in better style.

Matt has been great for us and will sit just behind Max and Fred as our best ever rakes.

A great clubman but after two ACLs in two years he was never going to deliver what he has in the past.

Hopefully he can extend his career successfully at the Tiger

Decent people wouldn't, but that's not what we are dealing with here.
Decent or not they have done a pretty good job or completely restructuring the team to be a force going forward while having vital room and flexibility post 2017.

Sometimes you gotta rip the band aid off fast. Stings a little for a while then it heals up and it's like it never happened...

All the best to Matty. Really dislike the way the club treated him by parading his signing as a good news story when we needed one and then dumped on him. Not good form.
Matt Ballin = Manly legend. I hope he is happy with his new deal in the end and does not leave the club with bad feelings.
Kind of ironic that he's been shafted by our club and going to a club who is shafting their own hooker. Strange game these days.

FMD..... OK I can understand the clubs thinking on clean outs - I'm not opposed to new signing & others being let go. But manly are just ****ehouse in the way they do things. No respect or dignity in any of their dealings. Just white ant & plain bastardy. The management couldn't manage the lube in a brothel let alone a football team.

The team for next year does look a lot better than last year but the slime ball management are farked.. I am starting to detest them.. Even if we win a premiership next year I will still hold them in contempt. Nasty ****ty excuses for human beings.. Two faced assholes.

I am absolutely devastated by this..........I love Matty, he is a complete an utter legend. One of my most favourite Manly players...............!! I wish him the very best in life, he deserves it..!!

I am pretty lost for words actually, gutted just gutted.

**** the Penns, ZtH, Bozo and Barett, ****ing assholes of the highest order.

It just shows the machinations that go on behind the scenes with clubs, no wonder some get into strife re the cap.
Think about it, the discussions/meetings etc that would have been going on for months.
We all arced up over "the unwanted 14" but stuff like this is the end game.
Tiges don't want Farah - he doesn't want to go
We don't want Ballin - he doesn't want to go
Tapau wants out - we want him
Collateral damage - Gutho + a few others ( and maybe one or two we still don't know about )
So, I'd say a deal for Farah has been done.

Sad news. Never thought Matty would leave the club. He's a Manly legend through and through and it will be hard watching him play for anyone else. Always put in 110% every game he played. An outstanding club man.

Good luck at the Tigers Matty. Hope it goes well for you there. Here's hoping your time at Manly isn't finished and you come back to Manly to help out in some capacity in the future.

Sad news. Never thought Matty would leave the club. He's a Manly legend through and through and it will be hard watching him play for anyone else. Always put in 110% every game he played. An outstanding club man.

Good luck at the Tigers Matty. Hope it goes well for you there. Here's hoping your time at Manly isn't finished and you come back to Manly to help out in some capacity in the future.

I think Matty Ballin would make an awesome fitness trainer for Manly in the future.

I think it's the right move by the club....he has been a bit of a problem for a while now. I love the bloke, and he is a heart and soul type player, but if you're not in it to win it, you might as well not be in it. I can't see Manly winning another premiership with his lack of enterprise.

Here are the manly-balmains:

1. Shannon Nevin
2. Craig Hancock
3. Russell Gartner
4. Sean Meaney
5. John Hopoate
6. Craig Field
7. Steve Martin
9. Matt Ballin
11. Sam Harris
Coach: Frank Stanton / Steve Martin

Help me out here!

Terry Hill. He left with the last Bozo clean-out in 1997 with Hoppa, Hancock & Nevin. Gee we had some great years after we ripped that Band-Aid off, healed up really quickly only 10 years. 5 years later we were begging the same blokes to come back. Ahh the good old days. Bozo really is a great culture builder.

Maybe the right call....maybe. Matty is a great player for manly. In all my dealings with manly he would always make the time chat to me and my family. A champion bloke. I wish him all the very best for the future...

I think Matty Ballin would make an awesome fitness trainer for Manly in your probably right,it will and should happen one of our great players,good luck with your time at the tigers,and hope to see you soon in the maroon and whites once again.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6