Ballin - season ending ACL ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Among many great moments for us he was, from memory, the 1st try scorer in the 08 GF.
In my time
1. Krilich
2 Jones
3 Ballin
4 Cochrane
And though in the midst of tough times a positive is Matt Parcell who I think if all goes well for him could join that list. Just has to look no further than Matty B for inspiration.

One of the true nice guys. Poor bugger.

Ballin out for the NRL season

By AAP
22 minutes ago

Wests Tigers have confirmed Matt Ballin will miss the rest of the NRL season with a knee injury.

Ballin arrived at the club from Manly after undergoing a knee reconstruction over the summer, and missed the first 10 weeks of the season before injuring it again in the club's round-11 win over Newcastle.

"Ballin has not suffered the same injury that he came to Wests Tigers with, and has not ruptured again the same injury which he had surgery on last year," the club said in a statement.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/06/07/10/54/ballin-out-for-the-nrl-season#e4zSx15Ex5jCoVMp.99

I'd like to see him retire, and then I'd happily see him given a REAL life membership.

TBH, I'd be surprised if he's not thinking about that right now ( retirement) , he's not getting any younger and he's certainly only a back up where he is, so why bother.

Along with Brent Kite, the absolute nicest guy I ever had dealings with in my 10 years of doing the MWTS.

In the freezing cold of an English winter, after the captains run , two players stayed on the field to kick the footy around and have some fun with the WCC tour group, no guessing who they were!!

It's like this great generation all hit their expiry date at EXACTLY the same time - none more so than the 4 or 5 we got rid of who have blown up totally, slightly less so for some of the ones we kept, some of which are barely sputtering along. Spooky how quickly it all happened, & so quickly on such a large scale. Even allowing for age.

Anyway...Matt Ballin. Such a great clubman, ambassador. Always more about the team than himself. Sad news to hear indeed.

It's like this great generation all hit their expiry date at EXACTLY the same time - none more so than the 4 or 5 we got rid of who have blown up totally, slightly less so for some of the ones we kept, some of which are barely sputtering along. Spooky how quickly it all happened, & so quickly on such a large scale. Even allowing for age.

Anyway...Matt Ballin. Such a great clubman, ambassador. Always more about the team than himself. Sad news to hear indeed.
King tut's curse (not Nathan)

My favourite player of the modern Manly era. I always saw Matt Ballin as our successor to Geoff Toovey. A real shame.

Come back to us Matty. You'll always be a Mighty Sea Eagle to us. A 61 tackle Sea Eagle. Pure gold.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4