Ballin - season ending ACL ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CNKBERBUwAAR0G9.jpg

The Mona Vale Raiders were at Brookie yesterday, along with proud Dad Matty.:inlove:
Luke Trbojevic was the referee :)
Beautiful post HM!

I assume Matty mustn't have entirely snapped his ACL first time, and did it a minute after he'd returned to the field. Can't even walk with a freshly ruptured ACL.

For what its worth I pretty much did the same thing with my knee. It went which was painful but then settled down...i passed most of the tests to run but as soon as I went back on with an uncontrolled moment (when I was not thinking) it was awful

Also my brother managed to playa full year of football (the round ball kind) with a torn ACL

It was reported in the paper that Ian Roberts played with no ACL's in both knees. It was said that he built up the muscles around both knees to compensate.The ACL provides stability, so I guess you're more likely to do a medial (or PCL?) without the ACL.

Once an ACL goes, the nearby muscles of that leg wither at a very fast rate. After that they can be built back up again.

Last edited:
What a sad sad way for it all to end for poor Matty. He has stated he's been told to look elsewhere but I hope he stays. Would be so hard to watch in any other Jersey. :(

When an ACL goes so does a players pace and Matt lacks the pace that the other top hookers have already

What a sad sad way for it all to end for poor Matty. He has stated he's been told to look elsewhere but I hope he stays. Would be so hard to watch in any other Jersey. :(

Would also be sad to see him toiling in NSW Cup. Just not good all round. Hopefully he can retire and take up a conditioning role with the team.

When an ACL goes so does a players pace and Matt lacks the pace that the other top hookers have already
I hope this isn't the case for Gutho and even worse, Buhrer who's coming off two of them.

We've had 4 torn ACL's this year. Seems a bit high. Don't really care about Luke Burgess but the other three have been costly.

I hope this isn't the case for Gutho and even worse, Buhrer who's coming off two of them.

We've had 4 torn ACL's this year. Seems a bit high. Don't really care about Luke Burgess but the other three have been costly.

Luke Burgess may have been the bargain basement Burgess brother, but he wasn't all that bad for us. Not all that good, but not overly bad. However, I must say we haven't really missed him since he's been out....though I must say with Willie out for the past fortnight we could have used the Pommy.

Just saw 9 news said the Matt Ballin is likely to need another knee reconstruction, with an understanding that he has told his Tiger team mates the bad news.

Poor bloke, another of our golden generation that look to have succumbed to injury which would likely bring an end to his career.

chin up Matty :( Thank you for your service to our club ! What a legend ! That game against the Broncos the other week showed us dummy half service that is unrivalled ! Perfectly floated and weighted balls which was the reason behind the Tigers win against the Broncos ! True CHAMPION Manly IMMORTAL !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6