Ballin in emerging group

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Queensland's quest to remain a dominant force in the State of Origin arena receives a massive boost on Saturday when the QAS Emerging Origin Squad begins a three-day camp in Brisbane.

The camp, to be held at the Queensland Sport & Athletics Centre (QSAC), brings together 14 players from 10 different National Rugby League clubs.

The players will be put through their paces under the guidance of QAS Rugby League Head Coach Wayne Bennett and XXXX Maroons Head Coach Mal Meninga.

The talent-rich squad will utilise the QSAC's state-of-the-art facilities and will benefit from a range of challenging sessions.

The opening day of the camp features an Origin induction presentation, while day two includes a session with renowned sports psychologist Phil Jauncey.

QAS Emerging Origin Squad: Matt Ballin (Sea Eagles), Maurice Blair (Panthers), Will Chambers (Storm), Ashley Graham (Cowboys), Ben Jones (Roosters), Nick Kenny (Broncos), Micheal Luck (Warriors), Steve Michaels (Broncos), Corey Parker (Broncos), Chris Sandow (Rabbitohs), Lagi Setu (Broncos), Brett Seymour (Sharks), David Shillington (Raiders), David Taylor (Broncos).

What: QAS Emerging State of Origin Squad Camp

Where: Queensland Sport & Athletics Centre (QSAC), Kessels Road, Nathan

When: Saturday, January 24 (7am-7.45am)

Who: QAS rugby league head coach Wayne Bennett, XXXX Maroons coach Mal Meninga and players from the QAS Emerging Origin Squad.

All you who laughed at me when I suggested Ballin would become the successor to Smith's throne ........

Matabele link said:
All you who laughed at me when I suggested Ballin would become the successor to Smith's throne ........

I would say that was probably more due to the fact that Smith is like 6 months older than Ballin, rather than Ballin's actual ability.

That's a great boost for Matty though, and there's some good names in there - wouldn't be surprised if Lagi Setu cracked Origin this year.

Matabele link said:

The squad doesn't neccessarily mean these guys are the nest in the queu. Sure it is important recognition. If Cameron Smith gets injured this year, Nathan Friend will still have the jump on Ballin IMO.

Matabele link said:

Didn't Michael Witt get into 2 or 3 of these teams?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Matabele link said:

We were the ones that had you on to him after the tigers game...you are just stealing our glory

Put him on the top line with Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg I reckon.
Move The Ox to the 2nd line with Paul Stastny & Wojtec Wolski.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179062.msg205663#msg205663 date=1232612807]

We were the ones that had you on to him after the tigers game...you are just stealing our glory
[/quote]

Totally agree Dan, even in blinding rain we could tell he was class

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179062.msg205673#msg205673 date=1232624586]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179062.msg205663#msg205663 date=1232612807]

[/quote]

Totally agree Dan, even in blinding rain we could tell he was class
[/quote]

ahh the day under the jye mullane stand

ive been a matt balling fan since before he came to manly

ok bit of exageration but for years before he cracked it we knew he had it, just like Glenn Stewy, Cuthbo and the wolfman.

Jatz Crackers link said:
I knew Matt Ballin would be a top line player when his parents first talked about starting a family.
He did win the race over a six million others to get even to conception stage!!!!! :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4