1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ballin in emerging group

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Queensland's quest to remain a dominant force in the State of Origin arena receives a massive boost on Saturday when the QAS Emerging Origin Squad begins a three-day camp in Brisbane.

The camp, to be held at the Queensland Sport & Athletics Centre (QSAC), brings together 14 players from 10 different National Rugby League clubs.

The players will be put through their paces under the guidance of QAS Rugby League Head Coach Wayne Bennett and XXXX Maroons Head Coach Mal Meninga.

The talent-rich squad will utilise the QSAC's state-of-the-art facilities and will benefit from a range of challenging sessions.

The opening day of the camp features an Origin induction presentation, while day two includes a session with renowned sports psychologist Phil Jauncey.

QAS Emerging Origin Squad: Matt Ballin (Sea Eagles), Maurice Blair (Panthers), Will Chambers (Storm), Ashley Graham (Cowboys), Ben Jones (Roosters), Nick Kenny (Broncos), Micheal Luck (Warriors), Steve Michaels (Broncos), Corey Parker (Broncos), Chris Sandow (Rabbitohs), Lagi Setu (Broncos), Brett Seymour (Sharks), David Shillington (Raiders), David Taylor (Broncos).

What: QAS Emerging State of Origin Squad Camp

Where: Queensland Sport & Athletics Centre (QSAC), Kessels Road, Nathan

When: Saturday, January 24 (7am-7.45am)

Who: QAS rugby league head coach Wayne Bennett, XXXX Maroons coach Mal Meninga and players from the QAS Emerging Origin Squad.

2. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    All you who laughed at me when I suggested Ballin would become the successor to Smith's throne ........

3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Not me brother. Watching PL over the past two years I tipped him to be a top-liner!!!

4. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I would say that was probably more due to the fact that Smith is like 6 months older than Ballin, rather than Ballin's actual ability.

That's a great boost for Matty though, and there's some good names in there - wouldn't be surprised if Lagi Setu cracked Origin this year.

5. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    The squad doesn't neccessarily mean these guys are the nest in the queu. Sure it is important recognition. If Cameron Smith gets injured this year, Nathan Friend will still have the jump on Ballin IMO.

6. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Didn't Michael Witt get into 2 or 3 of these teams?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

7. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    and Travis Burns

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    We were the ones that had you on to him after the tigers game...you are just stealing our glory

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    Put him on the top line with Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg I reckon.
    Move The Ox to the 2nd line with Paul Stastny & Wojtec Wolski.

10. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    We were the ones that had you on to him after the tigers game...you are just stealing our glory
    [/quote]

Totally agree Dan, even in blinding rain we could tell he was class

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    [/quote]

Totally agree Dan, even in blinding rain we could tell he was class
    [/quote]

ahh the day under the jye mullane stand

12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    ive been a matt balling fan since before he came to manly

ok bit of exageration but for years before he cracked it we knew he had it, just like Glenn Stewy, Cuthbo and the wolfman.

13. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I knew Matt Ballin would be a top line player when his parents first talked about starting a family.

14. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    How many of these players have gone on to play SOO?

15. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    He did win the race over a six million others to get even to conception stage!!!!! :)