Bali mid-September

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I reckon the lads can book their tickets for Bali for around the 21st September with a fair level of confidence.  Let's just hope it isn't the Eels that pull their pants down one final time. 

We've won ugly all season but to use a get out of jail card to beat 12 men representing the possible wooden spooners, at Brookvale, defies belief. 

You may well be right. Today it looked like some of them were already sitting around the hotel pool drinking rice wine.

They aren't even a shadow of last years team. Even though its mathematically impossible for us to miss the finals now, I wouldn't be surprised if they some how find a way to miss out.

Rose was the only one of our front row that had a go.  Kite is SOFT, Ted is just bad.  I'd be hoping that Orford books a one way ticket to England.  He's crap and there are no excuses for his bad play. 

The only ones worth feeding are Rose and Foran.  Everyone else was disgraceful.  The brunt of the blame lays with the forwards as they did not do their job. 

They were so soft and full of errors.  Choc sort of made metres, but dropped the ball, like seasons of old.  The backs were disjointed and ran lateral.  One would think these faults would not be on display at this time in the season.  Orford, leadership?  What's to be said.  Is Lyon that valuable? 

We really missed King up front today.  In recent weeks and has run with venom and hit hard in defence.  The others need to take a leaf from his book. 

Brett also saved 3 certain tries, his positional play in defense and grit in going in for the tackle cant be under estimated. He looked rusty but that was to be expected

Dan link said:
Brett also saved 3 certain tries, his positional play in defense and grit in going in for the tackle cant be under estimated. He looked rusty but that was to be expected
Absolutely right. Brett wasn't at his super best but it has been 18 weeks. Three great try savers in the first 20. A sports punter I was talking to said take -19 against the Titans. Big call but I can see where he is coming from.

Yep.

Knocked over some jobs this morning (mowed the lawns, washed the ute etc) went down the shops and bought a packet of chilli peanuts and a 6 pack. Put the 6 pack on ice and chilled it down before kick off.

Kick off arrives... crack open the peanuts... crack open the first ice cold beer mmmmm very nice. Next minute Jason King is through! almost spilt my beer after 30 secs. Sadly I didn't see the end of the match. After about 55 mins I'd had enough of watching that absolute S**t. It was such a beautiful day.. I wasn't letting a disgusting effort like that ruin it for me...went out the back to water the gardens... came back to find out we won.. yay (that was a very sarcastic yay)

We won't trouble any teams come finals time with efforts like that.

Pathetic.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181512.msg238881#msg238881 date=1251619403]
Is Lyon that valuable? 

if he didn't have that walking handicap outside him.

[/quote]

hahahahahahahaha too good

Only one of our forwards made 100+ metres (Watmough but he also notched 3 errors and missed 3 tackles)

5 of their forwards made 100+

Says it all really, given their pack is little more than a clutch of honest plodders.

Do you really think their pack is a clutch of honest plodders??

I think they have one of the best packs in the comp... not today (injuries, douglas sent off etc)

But next year or so they will have a great pack. Douglas and Snowden are probably the best young props running around at the moment. Gallen and Tupou are both recent aussie and origin reps. Reece Williams goes good but not sure when/if he'll be back. Grant Millington is handy too.

It's the halves/outside backs/depth off the bench where they are lacking.

I wish our pack of pea-hearts had half the ticker theirs did today.

The only forward of theirs I rate is Twopoo.  Gallen is just a grub and niggle merchant.  The rest are workhorse plodders.

Gallen made 270 metres from 29 hit ups

Unbelievable stats for a forward.

Agreed he is a grub - but he is a quality player imho

DVS Matt link said:
Gallen made 270 metres from 29 hit ups

Unbelievable stats for a forward.

Agreed he is a grub - but he is a quality player imho

Hard to argue with those stats. I think that if any Manly fan answered honestly, they would take Gallen in a heartbeat over all of our current forwards, bar Watmough.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6