Bailey GONE !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
to be frankly honest, he brought absolutely nothing to any of Manlys games this year, he will not be missed

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185803.msg303275#msg303275 date=1287564635]
Bailey was a working mans player. That equates to all star status in the 2nd rate English comp. Scott Donald won player of the year over there. Bailey will be the next big thing.

Enjoy your retirement plan Bails, and take them for everything they are worth.

Wrong player mate Pat Richard's won Man of Steel this year and if you watched what he did for Wigan he would have torn Australian team's
[/quote]

He didnt actually say he won it this year....

Bailey is actually replacing Luke Williamson who announced his retirement.

Could there infact be a second goat at the Harlequins or possibly the same goat, just working from afar these past few years.

Interesting indeed.

Yes, he pulled on the maroon & white jumper; and yes, he gave us sfa really.

Best wishes for the retirement fund (similar to Ox) but who honestly believes he is a great loss?

In fact this decision is a huge plus to Lowe and the selectors in biting the bullet and doing some necessary house-keeping.

ManlyBacker link said:
Yes, he pulled on the maroon & white jumper; and yes, he gave us sfa really.

Best wishes for the retirement fund (similar to Ox) but who honestly believes he is a great loss?

In fact this decision is a huge plus to Lowe and the selectors in biting the bullet and doing some necessary house-keeping.

Probably the wrong name to bring up in the same sentence as Bailey

I thought you slept with an Ox AND Bailey pillow. The more you come up with this stuff the more your colours shine for all to see. Shane, mate, you need to come to grips that when a player is passed it, or not performing, that we can provide an assessment of their worth for the future good of Manly. It can't be that hard.

ManlyBacker link said:
I thought you slept with an Ox AND Bailey pillow. The more you come up with this stuff the more your colours shine for all to see. Shane, mate, you need to come to grips that when a player is passed it, or not performing, that we can provide an assessment of their worth for the future good of Manly. It can't be that hard.

No i just dont think Ox should be mentioned in the same post as Bailey,1 won a dally m medal and the other,well its in bad taste to say what i think of him now,besides goodluck

I actually sleep with a Beaver pillow,sure id have liked to see him back but its probably better he doesnt come home,what i do think is the administration should have explained it better so he didnt get hurt feelings

Now go snuggle ur Lowe pillow

Shane link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185803.msg303527#msg303527 date=1287658221]

No i just dont think Ox should be mentioned in the same post as Bailey,1 won a dally m medal and the other,well its in bad taste to say what i think of him now,besides goodluck

I actually sleep with a Beaver pillow,sure id have liked to see him back but its probably better he doesnt come home,what i do think is the administration should have explained it better so he didnt get hurt feelings

[/quote]

A Beaver pillow?  Interesting!!!!!

Shane link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185803.msg303527#msg303527 date=1287658221]

[/quote]

I can see your point, but rest assured that I don't have a Lowie pillow to keep me comfortable. The jury is out and getting impatient.

Fro link said:
any criticism is as cheap or as valid as you want to make it Rex.

Everyone thinks their opinion is the right one, but they obviously all cant be.

Who has a more valid opinion, A player who played 1 game and ended up a drunken bum, or a man on the street who has been watching and analysing the game for 40 yrs, maybe has a Phd in sport science and 20 yrs pratcical experience in related fields?

My point is having played the game is no prerequisite for having as valid an opinion as one who has.

If the rumours of recent weeks are true, some players are of the opinion that the game is only a method of a quick score from gambling.
Didn't realise that Bailey only played one game and was a drunken bum, nor that the keyboard critics here gained PhDs in sports science and 20 years experience in related fields before feeling qualified to dis him.

You're right Fro - everyone has an opinion, and can (and does) argue their own opinion is the correct one. Doesn't change the fact that our opinions are so damned cheap no-one would pay a cent for them.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185803.msg303532#msg303532 date=1287661923]

[/quote]

I can see your point, but rest assured that I don't have a Lowie pillow to keep me comfortable. The jury is out and getting impatient.
[/quote]

So am i! i want signing news
And Bailey....Hope you do well in england
I dont have the heart to badmouth him now

Rex link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=185803.msg303511#msg303511 date=1287652481]
any criticism is as cheap or as valid as you want to make it Rex.

Everyone thinks their opinion is the right one, but they obviously all cant be.

Who has a more valid opinion, A player who played 1 game and ended up a drunken bum, or a man on the street who has been watching and analysing the game for 40 yrs, maybe has a Phd in sport science and 20 yrs pratcical experience in related fields?

My point is having played the game is no prerequisite for having as valid an opinion as one who has.

If the rumours of recent weeks are true, some players are of the opinion that the game is only a method of a quick score from gambling.
Didn't realise that Bailey only played one game and was a drunken bum, nor that the keyboard critics here gained PhDs in sports science and 20 years experience in related fields before feeling qualified to dis him.

You're right Fro - everyone has an opinion, and can (and does) argue their own opinion is the correct one. Doesn't change the fact that our opinions are so damned cheap no-one would pay a cent for them.
[/quote]

Dont muddy it by saying i painted Bailey out to be that, it was just an example as you well know.

And I agree our opinions arent worth much, what I am saying is why are they any more or less valid than anyone elses.

Fro link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=185803.msg303298#msg303298 date=1287571530]
I'm guessing there are not too many on here that have played 1st grade NRL let alone for Manly myself included so well done on achieving that Chris and thanks for your time and dedication whilst you've been with the club.

All the very best in the UK and hope it goes well for you

By that Logic Vid none of us have any right to criticise our politicians.

And if a copper Bashes someone we shouldnt comment as we have never worn the uniform???
[/quote]

Chris Bailey has achieved something than many have aspired to but failed and for that he has my respect.

All are of course entitled to their opinions as to his ability or performance but it doesn't take away the fact that he has done what many others have been unable to do and for that the lad should be very proud of his efforts.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=185803.msg303492#msg303492 date=1287645255]
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=185803.msg303298#msg303298 date=1287571530]
I'm guessing there are not too many on here that have played 1st grade NRL let alone for Manly myself included so well done on achieving that Chris and thanks for your time and dedication whilst you've been with the club.

All the very best in the UK and hope it goes well for you

By that Logic Vid none of us have any right to criticise our politicians.

And if a copper Bashes someone we shouldnt comment as we have never worn the uniform???
[/quote]

Chris Bailey has achieved something than many have aspired to but failed and for that he has my respect.

All are of course entitled to their opinions as to his ability or performance but it doesn't take away the fact that he has done what many others have been unable to do and for that the lad should be very proud of his efforts.
[/quote]Yeah I guess he has achieved something not many have managed, to convince people that  should know better to give him a 3 year contract. Now he has convinced another club to part with cash.

Chris Bailey was given the opportunity but failed  to consolidate a position at 5/8 or the back row , he also did not make much of an impact off the bench. We paid overs for him  and i personally dont believe he lived up to his potential . I wish him all the best with his new team , and i am very excited about  one of our up and coming players to take his position and make more of a difference to our team next year

it's funny that when I went on the Knights sites to see what they thought him leaving they generally were saying the same as us  :D  They were really happy and they were loving us for signing him, maybe fans do know after all!

Darren link said:
it's funny that when I went on the Knights sites to see what they thought him leaving they generally were saying the same as us  :D  They were really happy and they were loving us for signing him, maybe fans do know after all!

Dogs fans must have thought they had the next Clive Churchill when they came on here after getting Aaron Groome off us ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2