Backrow Options?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
8. J. Trbojevic
9. A. Koroisau
10. N. Myles
11. J. Buhrer
12. L. Brown
13. M. Tapau

14. D. Lussick
15. B. Lawrence / L. Knight
16. F. Mateo
17. M. Parcell

Lussick and Lawrence / Knight interchange with Myles and Trbojevic. Mateo interchange with Tapau to exploit tiring forwards and same same with Parcell interchanging with Koroisau.

I can see Knight really challenge for a bench spot early on and may push Lawrence out. If he really comes on I could see him even challenge Myles for the starting gig later in the year or for 2017.
Knight challenge myles this year? Wake up mate . Knight is very good but myles soo, kangaroo c'mon

Couldn't we use Taupau as a prop though? Like I say, that leaves space for both Buhrer and Brown (who are similar players) in the backrow.
Well Bozo is pulling all the strings here and you know he's an advocate for size in the forwards. Buhrer and Brown will interchange for each other.

I'd have no problem with them letting Burgess go but not even the Vermin brotherhood want him back.

Knight challenge myles this year? Wake up mate . Knight is very good but myles soo, kangaroo c'mon

Hence why I suggested 2017. I think that is far more likely. At the very least you would think he could be a chance to get a run during the SOO period this year.

Knight would be lucky to see one NRL game this year. The step up from NYC is huge. Plus, he's coming back from a busted foot isn't he? He'd need to come into playing with men in NSW Cup, and be better than guys like Starling, Bugress, Vave & maybe even Lawrence, and I don't see that happening anytime soon, given all the above.

4 props will rotate. Trbojevic, Myles, Lussick, Starling/Lawrence. Barring multiple injury Knight will learn in NSW cup

Knight would be lucky to see one NRL game this year. The step up from NYC is huge. Plus, he's coming back from a busted foot isn't he? He'd need to come into playing with men in NSW Cup, and be better than guys like Starling, Bugress, Vave & maybe even Lawrence, and I don't see that happening anytime soon, given all the above.

I agree with you Ryan that the step up is very big. I know we shouldn't compare but Jake did manage this reasonably well. The broken foot was only minor and from the initial report he would almost be fully healed.
I would also suggest that Knight has demonstrated far more potential than Vave and Burgess so should easily pass them. I will agree with you though that right now he is behind Starling and Lawrence.
If he can start strong in NSW Cup I can see him getting a crack during SOO time or if we have injuries. If he can prove himself like Jake did he may push Starling or Lawrence off the bench in the back end of the year.
Regardless, he has the potential to be Jake's running mate for the next 10 years. He just needs to fulfill that potential.

4 props will rotate. Trbojevic, Myles, Lussick, Starling/Lawrence. Barring multiple injury Knight will learn in NSW cup

Still think this is the way to go:-

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Nate Myles
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence OR Josh Starling
17. Lewis Brown

I think Lawrence should win that competition unless his back is still an issue. He was being discussed as a possible QLD flyer before his injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see Knight win a starting spot in NSW Cup for the start of the season.

I agree with you Ryan that the step up is very big. I know we shouldn't compare but Jake did manage this reasonably well. The broken foot was only minor and from the initial report he would almost be fully healed.
I would also suggest that Knight has demonstrated far more potential than Vave and Burgess so should easily pass them. I will agree with you though that right now he is behind Starling and Lawrence.
If he can start strong in NSW Cup I can see him getting a crack during SOO time or if we have injuries. If he can prove himself like Jake did he may push Starling or Lawrence off the bench in the back end of the year.
Regardless, he has the potential to be Jake's running mate for the next 10 years. He just needs to fulfill that potential.

Sounds like you've seen and know about these young fellas than I have mate, so I'll take your word for it, and would be happy as pie if this actually happened, because depth is just amazing to have.

The games I saw him play, he WAS by far the best prop in the team in NYC (especially work rate wise).

And guys: How bloody EXCITING is it to be talking about footy, not about which players doesn't want to be here, who's unhappy and all that - woot woot. Reminds me of years ago, when footy was the best thing ever.

Still think this is the way to go:-

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Nate Myles
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence OR Josh Starling
17. Lewis Brown

I'm not sure I can see Barrett not carrying both Parcell and Koroisau. I do like the amount of go forward in that team though. Very different from last year!

I'm not sure I can see Barrett not carrying both Parcell and Koroisau. I do like the amount of go forward in that team though. Very different from last year!

Barrett said the other day he doesn't think Koroisou will be right for round one. Brown can cover both backrow and Hooker at the moment, if Parcell isn't an 80 minute type of player.

With the reduced interchange, I hope we can keep an 80 minute Hooker on. Would give us another forward rotation. If we bring Koroisou on for 40, then back to Parcell to finish, that's two interchanges out of less available this year.

Sounds like you've seen and know about these young fellas than I have mate, so I'll take your word for it, and would be happy as pie if this actually happened, because depth is just amazing to have.

The games I saw him play, he WAS by far the best prop in the team in NYC (especially work rate wise).

And guys: How bloody EXCITING is it to be talking about footy, not about which players doesn't want to be here, who's unhappy and all that - woot woot. Reminds me of years ago, when footy was the best thing ever.

I wouldn't go that far but I did try and watch the U20s as much as possible last season. Knight is very good in attack, but just like all U20s coming through will be found out defensively. If he can improve this aspect of his game the sky is the limit.

The depth in this side (particularly in the forwards) is amazing. When I stuggle to find a start for someone like T-Red tou know we are gping well. I remember last year Burgess was our srarting prop. Now about 6 blokes would have to go down for him toake the bench! Bring on the season, I want to see Manly dominate again haha!

Barrett said the other day he doesn't think Koroisou will be right for round one. Brown can cover both backrow and Hooker at the moment, if Parcell isn't an 80 minute type of player.

With the reduced interchange, I hope we can keep an 80 minute Hooker on. Would give us another forward rotation. If we bring Koroisou on for 40, then back to Parcell to finish, that's two interchanges out of less available this year.

That's no good for Koroisau. It may be a blessing for him after everything he has gone through. It will also give Parcell a good run in FG.
Whilst I agree with you 100% that we need am 80mins hooker I'm just not sure we will go with that by bring in both guys. The only blessing we have is that guys like Jake, Brown and Buhrer can go for big minutes.

Knight is listed as a second rower and that is the only spot he'd be considered for NRL at this stage, surely.

He is already listed at 106kgs so has the size and power to play Prop. Tapau is listed as a prop only yet 90% of people have him playing lock.

On a separate not, the Sea Eagles website has most of the player profiles update.

Yeah it's nice to only have footy and discussing about who should play and where. I tell you the last couple of years have been draining my enthusiasm for the club , , and the game itself. Have had a fair bit of time away from here but now with the season rapidly approaching I'm feeling keen and enthusiastic for it again.

I don't think Knight will be vying for a spot as a prop in his 1st year. Makes more sense to bring him in slowly, definitely through NSW cup. But in terms of his physique ie height & weight, he's miles ahead of Leary, Buhrer & your boy Symonds (no disrespect). If all goes well for the kid, we'll see plenty of him in 1st grade this year. I'd also like to see Jakey in the backrow. We're a better side with him on the field & he has a competent passing game also!

Last edited by a moderator:
Parcell should only play 20 minutes IMO Koroisau should be give his shot first as the dominant hooker, he is more experienced and better defensively also has a handy kicking game and passing game where as Parcell is just a running hooker. Koroisau bring more to the table IMO he is a player that will preform wether we are winning of losing where as Parcell need go forward to perform
I watched a few Ipswitch games in 2015 and Parcell didnt run much from dummy half ( not forward with intent, it was nottheir gameplan) he was a great support player once he put a player through a gap so not sure id label a running hooker only. Im confident his skills will suprise many.

I understand our backrow for 2016 isn't liked by everybody but what the hell is our 2017 backrow going to look like? Cordner looks certain to resign with the roosters so who do we target who do we target for the whole forward pack?! We're obviously saving up for 2 big name forwards but who? Cordner is IMO certain to resign with the rorters and Klemmer and lane aren't going to be let go by the doggies. Other targets?

Tamou-Heavily linked to raiders and nearly signed last year with them

Moa-Sounds Likley to leave roosters for warriors plus he's getting older by the days and I'm not a fan of signing old forwards

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6