1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backline depth

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brookvale2015, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    People beginning to believe we have poor Backline depth think again:

Lavaka-Wing/Centre
    Goodall-Wing/Centre
    Raimen-Wing/Centre
    Moltzen-Fullback/Wing/Centre/5/8/1/2
    John-5/8/1/2
    Wright-1/2/5/8/Centre
    Williame-Wing/Centre
    Demetriou-Centre
    Green-Centre/Wing

Then we have players who can play a number of positions in the Backline:

Trbojevic-Wing/Fullback/Centre/5/8
    Brown-Centre/5/8
    Walker-Centre/Wing/5/8
    Lyon-Centre/5/8
    Tafua-Wing/Centre/Fullback
    Parcell-5/8/1/2
    Mateo-5/8
    Koroisau-5/8/1/2
    Symonds-Centre/5/8

Let's say everyone injury prone gets injured based on last years Backline injuries

1.Trbojevic
    2.Tafua
    3.Demetriou
    4.Brown
    5.Lavaka
    6.Walker
    7.DCE

Still a good Backline brown is a proven centre so is addison, Lavaka is a great backup IMO he was carving up under 20s the last few years and nsw cup! Only 20 same with Goodall great backup and still only 20.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    *side note:Williame and green only used in desperate times, I mean really desperate

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    I like the enthusiasm but Lavaka, and Goodall couldn't force there way into the parra backline and Lavaka spent time in the Ron Massy cup last year

Raimen i like but is unproven

Green is Blair/Williame standard

Demetriou would get eaten alive in the centres in firsts, edge backrower for mine

Wright is injured and should be nowhere near firsts to start the season

But John and Moltzen do provide some halves depth

Overall there players like Raiman, Goodall and Lavaka could kick on and we could be fine or they could be the next Berryman or Satani

4. blacktown eagle

blacktown eagle the pot stirrer

Ratings:
    +59 / 3
    Do you know how many kids from the under 20s and NSW/QLD cups who "carve" it up make a successful transistion to firsts. If they were both really that good yet we would have heard of them like tommy turbo. They didn't get a start at their clubs before - that may take time to adjust to our structures and cultures. Depth players are depth players for a reason - they can't cement a spot for a reason, whether it be the inexperience or they're just horrid in firsts - it's a whole new ball game with the full timers mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eagleman

Eagleman Active Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 10
    Yep we will struggle if we get too many injuries in the backs. Our depth is very thin for quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    Plenty of bodies but lack of quality.
    Hiku has two years left on his contract and its reported he took unders to stay.
    We should be holding onto him, as it's good for depth and price.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    A list of reserve graders who would struggle to get a game in Parra's or the Titans back lines

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Raimen and Demetriou were stars In under 20s, Raimen will be a future strike centre for us. I don't buy this crap about players don't always become stars out of under 20s! Are you trying to tell me Demetriou, knight, Raimen aren't going to kick on! Come on where has all this doubt come from?

9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    We need to sign Groome and Stromquist, they both killed it in the 20's as well for us. Stromquist's numbers were better than Jake T's

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hgbcds

Hgbcds Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 44
    Ramien is good but still afew years away from first grade. Ad when playing against good teams struggled missed 7 tackles in gf v panthers, gets tackled easily around legs I noticed aswell

11. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,400 / 257
    I'd have a fully fit Satini ahead of a few of those. He is already *cough* an international

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,400 / 257
    Also stop pushing Demetriou as a centre option in first grade. That is just nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,344 / 56
    Out of those mentioned, Knight is a cut above & will feature as early as 2016

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,344 / 56
    Agree about these Demitriou 1st grade centre calls, would be carved up in every 1 on 1 situation.
    No doubt an attacking weapon more in the back row mould, who will need to be proven against big men in NSW cup after toying with the non existent defences in Holden cup...a possible impact but a fair way to go

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Brothers manly

Brothers manly Active Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 11
    Agree with you Clay.......rather see them on the paddock first.
    Brown a proven centre?

16. Oliver

Oliver Active Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 2
    Do we still have Delroy Berryman? I have seen him around the Northern Beaches recently.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. seaeagledave

seaeagledave Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 2
    I've liked Symonds as a centre whenever he has filled in there. Very adequate injury replacement IMO.

18. blacktown eagle

blacktown eagle the pot stirrer

Ratings:
    +59 / 3
    You're an imbecile. Your posts and rehash of stupid news limited stories is furiating. You're willing to pick guys off a YouTube clip or one year in our nyc team. Out of the players mentioned knight will probably be the only one who will make an impact in grade let alone make the grade at all. There has never been doubt, people on this forum have brains and realise nyc is nothing compared to firsts, you're probably like the only one on here who doesnt grasp that. I wonder what will happen when nyc is scrapped will you trawl YouTube looking for the next big thing? Have you played league before? I'm damn glad you don't select our 17 running out each week. You post nonsense most of the time, are you trying to get your post count up? Seriously you're bloody annoying as all hell. Most probably be the first person I ignore.

I'm expecting a ton of dummy spits - I'm okay with that. I know I'm not the only one who thinks you're a nuffy.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    I love the wide variety of postings and of perspectives on this site, including @Brookvale2015's postings and perspectives. I'm okay with you seeing the world differently to me, and I respect your right to have different views and to express them, hopefully as respectfully as you can. And it would be a poorer world on here for me without this diversity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Hmm, furiating. Yes I see now, the difference between a becile and an imbecile.

• Funny Funny x 2