Backline depth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
People beginning to believe we have poor Backline depth think again:

Lavaka-Wing/Centre
Goodall-Wing/Centre
Raimen-Wing/Centre
Moltzen-Fullback/Wing/Centre/5/8/1/2
John-5/8/1/2
Wright-1/2/5/8/Centre
Williame-Wing/Centre
Demetriou-Centre
Green-Centre/Wing

Then we have players who can play a number of positions in the Backline:

Trbojevic-Wing/Fullback/Centre/5/8
Brown-Centre/5/8
Walker-Centre/Wing/5/8
Lyon-Centre/5/8
Tafua-Wing/Centre/Fullback
Parcell-5/8/1/2
Mateo-5/8
Koroisau-5/8/1/2
Symonds-Centre/5/8

Let's say everyone injury prone gets injured based on last years Backline injuries

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Demetriou
4.Brown
5.Lavaka
6.Walker
7.DCE

Still a good Backline brown is a proven centre so is addison, Lavaka is a great backup IMO he was carving up under 20s the last few years and nsw cup! Only 20 same with Goodall great backup and still only 20.

I like the enthusiasm but Lavaka, and Goodall couldn't force there way into the parra backline and Lavaka spent time in the Ron Massy cup last year

Raimen i like but is unproven

Green is Blair/Williame standard

Demetriou would get eaten alive in the centres in firsts, edge backrower for mine

Wright is injured and should be nowhere near firsts to start the season

But John and Moltzen do provide some halves depth

Overall there players like Raiman, Goodall and Lavaka could kick on and we could be fine or they could be the next Berryman or Satani

Do you know how many kids from the under 20s and NSW/QLD cups who "carve" it up make a successful transistion to firsts. If they were both really that good yet we would have heard of them like tommy turbo. They didn't get a start at their clubs before - that may take time to adjust to our structures and cultures. Depth players are depth players for a reason - they can't cement a spot for a reason, whether it be the inexperience or they're just horrid in firsts - it's a whole new ball game with the full timers mate.

Raimen and Demetriou were stars In under 20s, Raimen will be a future strike centre for us. I don't buy this crap about players don't always become stars out of under 20s! Are you trying to tell me Demetriou, knight, Raimen aren't going to kick on! Come on where has all this doubt come from?

Raimen and Demetriou were stars In under 20s, Raimen will be a future strike centre for us. I don't buy this crap about players don't always become stars out of under 20s! Are you trying to tell me Demetriou, knight, Raimen aren't going to kick on! Come on where has all this doubt come from?
Ramien is good but still afew years away from first grade. Ad when playing against good teams struggled missed 7 tackles in gf v panthers, gets tackled easily around legs I noticed aswell

Agree about these Demitriou 1st grade centre calls, would be carved up in every 1 on 1 situation.
No doubt an attacking weapon more in the back row mould, who will need to be proven against big men in NSW cup after toying with the non existent defences in Holden cup...a possible impact but a fair way to go

You're an imbecile. Your posts and rehash of stupid news limited stories is furiating. You're willing to pick guys off a YouTube clip or one year in our nyc team. Out of the players mentioned knight will probably be the only one who will make an impact in grade let alone make the grade at all. There has never been doubt, people on this forum have brains and realise nyc is nothing compared to firsts, you're probably like the only one on here who doesnt grasp that. I wonder what will happen when nyc is scrapped will you trawl YouTube looking for the next big thing? Have you played league before? I'm damn glad you don't select our 17 running out each week. You post nonsense most of the time, are you trying to get your post count up? Seriously you're bloody annoying as all hell. Most probably be the first person I ignore.

I'm expecting a ton of dummy spits - I'm okay with that. I know I'm not the only one who thinks you're a nuffy.

You're an imbecile. Your posts and rehash of stupid news limited stories is furiating. You're willing to pick guys off a YouTube clip or one year in our nyc team. Out of the players mentioned knight will probably be the only one who will make an impact in grade let alone make the grade at all. There has never been doubt, people on this forum have brains and realise nyc is nothing compared to firsts, you're probably like the only one on here who doesnt grasp that. I wonder what will happen when nyc is scrapped will you trawl YouTube looking for the next big thing? Have you played league before? I'm damn glad you don't select our 17 running out each week. You post nonsense most of the time, are you trying to get your post count up? Seriously you're bloody annoying as all hell. Most probably be the first person I ignore.

I'm expecting a ton of dummy spits - I'm okay with that. I know I'm not the only one who thinks you're a nuffy.
I love the wide variety of postings and of perspectives on this site, including @Brookvale2015's postings and perspectives. I'm okay with you seeing the world differently to me, and I respect your right to have different views and to express them, hopefully as respectfully as you can. And it would be a poorer world on here for me without this diversity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6