Back to back, same coach, different team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So there is lots of talk of teams going back to back under different coaches etc.

However has any coach ever changed to another team and then won. i.e. would Des Hasler be the first coach to do that if the Bulldogs were to win?

No, I think someone way back did. I couldn't be arsed researching it though. I don't care enough about Des and any record he might or might achieve to look it up.

Biggest dickwad is the only record he has in my books.

Yes i think he would be Dan - recall hearing it on Triple M.

He's also the first coach to coach one team to a Premiership and then another team to the Minor Premiership the next year.

Definitely the first.Gibson didnt quite get it done when he moved from roosters to slime and bennett missed by a year.I think he was closest.

susan said:
Definitely the first.Gibson didnt quite get it done when he moved from roosters to slime and bennett missed by a year.I think he was closest.

How did Bennett miss by a year? The Broncos won in 2006 and the Dragons won in 2010.

stoodamire said:
How about back to back, same team, different coach?

A much better question.

Why do we continually talk about or allude to Hasler?

And don't give me the rubbish that if you don't agree don't readit. It's a thread that I have read.

Nigel mansell won the indy car championship whilst being the reigning formula 1 world champion.

He is an outstanding coach. He just about out coaches every opposition team he faces. No, withdraw that. He DOES out coach every other coach in the NRL at present.

He should still be in the maroon and whites, and yeah, I'm still not over it.

bones said:
How about back to back with a different team and a different coach :s

Well the bloke that coaches the Dogs now is not the same guy who was at Manly for 8 previous seasons.

Thats for sure, I wonder what happened to him?

Jatz Crackers said:
How about back to front.

Des would need to coaching the wooden spooners, or something like that.

The only consolation of not going back to back Is that the whole idea of going back to back becomes someone else's burden.

But if manly wins what is the chatter in 2013? Triple back? TriBack?

Daniel said:
So there is lots of talk of teams going back to back under different coaches etc.

However has any coach ever changed to another team and then won. i.e. would Des Hasler be the first coach to do that if the Bulldogs were to win?

There was this article a weekor so ago

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-coach-des-hasler-bids-to-destroy-team-he-built-manly-sea-eagles/story-fn2mcuj6-1226466972233

And I'm sure I read another article that no team has gone back to back with different coaches.

weev said:
Jatz Crackers said:
How about back to front.

Des would need to coaching the wooden spooners, or something like that.

The only consolation of not going back to back Is that the whole idea of going back to back becomes someone else's burden.

But if manly wins what is the chatter in 2013? Triple back? TriBack?

Three-peat

I don't know why everyone keeps talking back to back.
We won in 2008 (40 nil in case anyone forgot the score).
We remained premiers after the 2009 GF because the Storm were stripped of our title. That's 2 years.
We remained premiers after the 2010 GF because the Dragons will be stripped of their title when Schubert works out that while the Dragons were paying Gaznier some nominal amount like $50K or $100K for that year, they paid his chin $1m. That's 3 years.
We won in 2011. That's 4 years.

Therefore when we win this year we will have been premiers for 5 years. One more year and there will be kids who have gone through high school without ever knowing Manly not to be premiers. All is right with the world.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4