Back to Back chances?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
I was just thinking about some of the comments from players and coaching staff about how we didn't really get to celebrate the GF win and wondered if this will actually help our chances of going back to back?

No team has gone back to back for nearly 20 years. In this time the game has gone truly professional, and the difference between winning and losing each week is very small. Teams who win premierships spend just that little bit too much time celebrating and possibly not training as hard as they had done the previous year and it usually means they fall back to the field a touch.

Considering whats gone on and the fact it hasn't really felt like the usual celebration/party for the boys does that actually increase our chances for 2012 success? The more I think about it, I can only the events of the past 2 months being a boost to our chances of success rather than a parachute holding us back.

Thoughts?

Other things that will help our chances:
-Bennett, Boyd and Gasnier leaving the dragons.
-Lockyer retiring.
-Sheens and Farah feud
-Blair leaving the Storm.
-Bennett not have a strong enough roster at the knights.
-Hasler. Not a strong roster at the dogs.
-Carney leaving the Roosters
-2V will succeed.
-lol@Souths
-Cronulla
-Maloney already deciding he is leaving NZ could affect his form in 2012.

If manly are focussed and all the players want to be here, we are a great chance IMO.

I think its on, storm won't maintain the rage and we haven't lost to much, as much as I love the 2 in england I think the club is going to prove its much bigger than those 2 money hungry merkins who are staying in australia

yes they will go back2back.

just have to weather the storm at the start of the year, during origin and the players experience will shine in the finals.

i wont bet yet, will wait till they ggo double figures in the first month.

Brookvale said:
yes they will go back2back.

just have to weather the storm at the start of the year, during origin and the players experience will shine in the finals.

i wont bet yet, will wait till they ggo double figures in the first month.

I've always dreamed of a perfect season....as a kid we came close and so did I, the manly from my childhood manly was unbeatable...almost

Brookvale said:
i remember a year we won like 15 or 16 in a row and the Rooters beat us at brooky. 1995?

That was the game when Phil Gould wanted to take his team from the field in protest against the referees.

Back 2 Back Big Time !!! We have the best team in the NRL and 2V was born 2 win,

Personally I can't believe all the pundits have written us off next year. If you look at our roster, we've got the best halves in the comp, all Aust. rep backrow, best centre pairing, and Snake best fullback in game.

IMO halves will only get better and Snake will be close to 100% with a full pre season under his belt. Add to that young guns Ferris and Lussick cant see anyone stopping us.

Also other leading teams Dragons,Storm, Broncs ect have weaker rosters to last year.

If Tigers get their act together with the addition of Blair are our main rivals for the title.

Also think players have extra motivation to show everyone that THEY won the premiership not Des

There are five clubs that have been consistent premiership chances over the past 5-6 years:
Brisbane, Melbourne, Tigers, Illawarra and, of course Manly.
You have to assume that these five will be in the mix again in 2012.
Then there are The Warriors, who have more local talent than any other team. They make up the top six imo.
To the top eight I'd add Newcastle, not just because of Bennett but on their day they are dynamic, and have gained a couple of good players.
The eight spot? Either Cowboys, Dogs or Penrith.
Yes of course we can go back-to-back, but I think Brisbane should be favourites at this stage.

I don't think newcastle has the heart to give it a real shake,i remember an eighth play off game against penrith, newcastle nor penrith deserved to win, both teams were heartless, the bad news for the knights is the team hasn't changed

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8