Back in your burrows

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
In the Channel Nein build up you'd think there was only one team playing. Then the refs conspired to rule a 5-2 penalty count against us. The bunnies score off a fluke kick.
But class shines through.
A wonderful defensive effort, in particular. But congratulations boys; the rest of the comp now we are serious.

Big wraps on Souths coming into this game but they hadn't beaten a top eight side. Their belief wasn't there tonight.

The lead in to the match on 9 was hideous. You could tell that they were getting ready to celebrate a souths victory before the first kick. Playing Glory Glory to South Sydney in the run in, classless - real football clubs content themselves with playing their song after a victory.

The 9 team of Gus and Sterlo were even worse, the crap that they came up with was phenomenal. Apparently Trex was throwing an offload for his knock on early but the identical one from Taylor was a harsh call as Manly players were driving him back.

Then there was a call of knock on as I think Peats dropped the ball and Sterlo calls that it was a strip by Stewart, when the replay shows it wasn't he simply states that Glens hands were around about the ball, since they clearly were not on it....

Not to mention all the forward pass calls that were made tonight and quickly passed over by the callers. I actually don't have a problem with the calls, but do have a problem with the fact that any other game they would have been let go, especially if the Storm, Eels, Tigers or Souths were the team at fault. And in those circumstances the commentary team would have been falling over themselves to talk about backward facing hands, and the ball being carried by the wind, and momentum and the rest. Tonight nothing...

Almost made me ill.

At least Lyon got some of the praise he deserved... he was so clearly the classiest player on the field that even Sterlo had to give him a wrap.

In the 6 game winning streak ended tonight they did beat the Tigers who are just in top 8 at the moment but not at the time of game.

They beat the Dogs in rd 6, Cowboys in rd 8 and ended the Sharks 6 game winning streak in rd 9 who are in the top 8 and i think have a 5-5 record against the current top 8 teams for the season

Sumdumguy said:
Big wraps on Souths coming into this game but they hadn't beaten a top eight side. Their belief wasn't there tonight.

Not sure about belief not there, more it being bashed out of them.

Hmmm how sweet is whackin wabbits

Here we come

Ps . Do you have an alias of Creamov

Go Manly

Chunnel nyn's toss fest over softs especially in the intro was appaulling.

We are the current premiers.

Softs havn't experienced "Glory" in 40 years. During that time we've won 8 titles!

So stick that up ya ch 9, gyngell and his boring biased monotone commentary team need improvement.

Fair's fair. It was Souff's home game and the home team always gets the lead-in wraps.

Haha... loved the final result and will love giving it back to all the fair weather Bunny supporters!

I was so disgusted with the totally biased commentary that I had to mute the TV and just watch the game in silence. I enjoyed it a lot more then. Manly outplayed the hares and I am very proud of them.

It was a reality check for Souths but a useful exercise for them given they have no finals experience. They can do better than that but I don't think it's their year. I don't see Sutton as a premiership 5/8 but on the other hand Soward got one so who knows?

As Jack Gibson once said: "I used to barrack for the underdog until I found out how hard it was to win when you were the favourite."
Very true.
Every time we play we have commentators and journos death-riding us. In the important matches it seems to ' steel' our players.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8