Awsome Jorge!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
I thought Wolf's try last year in the finals was the best effort I would see from a Manly player. Jorge proved me wrong last night. His try while being bundled into touch, doubled over with a one handed put down was simply amazing! His play in general since coming back has been fantastic. If he isn't in consideration for a Blue jersey this year, then I give up.

His try was one for the history books.

I don't agree that his play is fantastic by a long shot.

Its irritating to watch him saunter back with the ball :dodgy:
If he ran straight at the line, like Matai does, Jorge's superior leg strength would see the opposition scatter like ten pins.:)

SOO has plenty of wingers, but the half spots seem to be vacating at a great rate of knots :p

It was a pretty special effort that try.

Some mutterings from ppl that he lost control.

It was just enough to award it in my view, and be given the benefit of doubt, if that was still in vogue.

Just wish Horhay would get involved a bit more, like Matai as mentioned. Sure he will as his match fitness returns.

great stuff Jorge!!! simply amazing effort! I was jumping around at the game surrounded by the purple scum - you bloody beauty! I was so gutted with end result, shattered actually. But so proud of the effort of boys showed; scum may have got the points but we thoroughly deserved the win, see you in the finals scum (if they make it).. you won't stand a chance

Jorge is playing extremely well, and is certainly one of the top three wingers in line for NSW SOO selection. The other two being Brett Morris (a certainty) and Tupou from Easts. Jorge is a more powerful runner and probably a better defender. Tupou is the best 'leaper' in the business and faster. It will depend what qualities the NSW selectors rate most highly.

It depends on how NSW plan on playing their game in Origin. If they are going to go with kicking to the wings then Tupou will get picked over Jorge. If they are going to fight fire with fire and plan to combat the strength of the likes of Inglis, Hodges, Boyd and Tate, then Jorge is definitely the man.

Going on the way the City and Country teams played, especially City.....I can see Tupou getting the nod. They went to Tupou's wing with kicks far more than they gave Jorge a chance to show his strengths (with Brad Fittler as coach it was hardly surprising considering Tupou plays for the Chooks).

It also depends if they pick Duggan at fullback or not. If they do, then Hayne is most likely to play on the wing with Josh Morris and Jennings in the centres. That will curtail any talk of Jorge and Tupou playing Origin unless there is injury or suspension.

Jorge's try against the Scum was brilliant to watch though.

mozgrame said:
I thought Wolf's try last year in the finals was the best effort I would see from a Manly player. Jorge proved me wrong last night. His try while being bundled into touch, doubled over with a one handed put down was simply amazing! His play in general since coming back has been fantastic. If he isn't in consideration for a Blue jersey this year, then I give up.

I don't give a hoot about the Blues.
I only want him in a Manly guernsey and that's it.
Manly, Manly, Manly all the way!

I agree totally with you @Ramrod, but I'd bet Horhay would love to play Origin; and he was born for that type of footy.
I'd pick him and Tupou on the wings, if I was a selector, with Hayne at fullback after last night.
He was really on-song against a desperate Sharks team and is streets ahead of Dugan right now.

I'm hoping Snake's not picked for his and Manly's sake.

But Jorge is a young winger clearly on the rise and deserves a shot at Origin.

Daley will probly overlook him though anyway.

NSW has a history of preferring to select centre's or fullbacks out of position rather than in form wingers. Matbe Jorge can tell them he is really a centre?

RiverEagle said:
I agree totally with you @Ramrod, but I'd bet Horhay would love to play Origin; and he was born for that type of footy.
I'd pick him and Tupou on the wings, if I was a selector, with Hayne at fullback after last night.
He was really on-song against a desperate Sharks team and is streets ahead of Dugan right now.

Hayne's attack was onsong however he was a turnstile in defence. I hope he doesnt do that in origin

Fair point at Sheikh but last night's game was like touch footy at times.
The first line of defence was often casual from both teams, and it can expose fullbacks and wingers a bit.

The intensity and commitment in D at Origin level is far superior to what was on show last night.

And ultimately it may not matter.

Fifita and Bird look like they'll be unavailable and I can't see NSW winning whomever plays fullback!

Sheikheagle said:
RiverEagle said:

Hayne's attack was onsong however he was a turnstile in defence. I hope he doesnt do that in origin
He was protecting his shoulder last night. Brad Arthur said his shoulder is just badly bruised and he needed him to get in the game more. He did. They say his shoulder will be fine, Hayne was just a bit too protective of it at times last night in defence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4