Average game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Will happily bank the 2 points away, but what an average game !! Especially so when flicking across straight after to watch the Tigers go around

Our attack is still stunted and lacking timing and cohesion, but I think we will get there. The last 30mins were a lot better, imo quite simply because we changed our style back to what I saw in week 1, hard, straight running. Today for the 1st half we spent too much time going sideways with the likes of Stewart and Lyon being asked to do a lot in not very much space

Defensively, can't complain at all. Not a lot was thrown at us today, but what we had to deal with we did, and did quite effectively. Am very happy with that area of our game so far this season, it means we can stay in a game while our attack comes together

Matai was awesome today, got radio man of the match and has started the season well. But for me, my man was Kite. Every hit up was quality, it got us going in the right direction early in the tackle count, and his tackling was strong, he is the true leader in our pack and doing it well. Mata mentioned a slow play the ball from him but I didn't see any evidence of it today

The halves, Foran looks strong running the ball and showing some nice passing skills at times. Hodkinson still pretty quiet trying to settle in, both going well defensively though

Watmough. Last year his hands were poor at this time, but it was easier to deal with because of the quality of his runs and aggression in defence. This year he is finding it harder to get into space, and also the big hits aren't there at the moment, maybe he is missing his combination with Orford. Is becoming quite a concern to me

Stewart and Lyon were both quiet today while trying to make things happen in attack

Robbo's quality was all class and a great wingers try. Farrar looked solid at the back again, showed some nice skill to chime in and hit Robbo with that ball as well. Sin binning was a joke

We will hear a lot about that Matai try, and rightly so. Under the current interpretation of the rules, the ref got it right and it is a try. But there is no way it should be a try imo, and we see these crop up all the time, the current interpretation of it is a dud

Bring on the Sharkies at a Sunny Brookie next sunday !!

Farrar's time in the bin was a professional foul by the rule book. Deserved time in the bin, take the blinkers off Kiwi.  Otherwise pretty spot on. 

The ref got milked big time on Farrar's sin bin. Also agree Matai's try was good enough for me, there was downward pressure on the ball whilst it was in contact with the ground. I've seen worse then that given, and without a benefit of the doubt.

Good grinding win for which I'll happily take the 2 points. Nothing special, but a fairly composed effort. Looking forward to things clicking a bit better next week against the Flakes. Being back at Brookie should fire the boys up enough to take it to the next level.

I pretty much agree with what you are saying,and your analysis of the game is pretty spot on,Watmoughs hands and also discipline at times are a concern,Im sure both these issues were addressed long ago,but still doesnt change the fact its still happening.
Halves looking good,Hodkinson still settling in,did make maybe 1 or two poor decisions but i put that down to lack of expreience and settling in basically,nerves etc...
Nothing too flashy in attack,but considering we were playing warriors at home and keeping them to 6 points  after they thrashed the broncos last week (showing they can put on points) im happy.We defended very bloody well.Would haver liked to see the boys fire up so to speak a bit more,but we did grind out that win so ill take the 2 points.

Garts link said:
Farrar's time in the bin was a professional foul by the rule book. Deserved time in the bin, take the blinkers off Kiwi.  Otherwise pretty spot on. 

The referee was milked, taking a dive is not a sin bin offence. Especially as less than a minute earlier we made a break, Watmough was tackled and held down a lot longer by 3 players, and that wasn't even a penalty

I understand that when a player holds down a player who had just made a decent break that it is normally a Professional Foul but I thought Farrar's wasn't so bad... might be my manly coloured glasses but meh.... was glad to see the boys repel them without him

He might have milked it but Farrar definately tried to slow him down.  If it was the otherway around I would have wanted their player in the bin.  I dont really recall the Watmough break when he was held down for longer.  Although I doubt it was a break like the one which the Warriors made.  Maybe I missed it. 

It wasn't a long break by us, but we had them scrambling and on the back foot so a comparison can be made. Farrar made the tackle, stood up, you could make a case he was crowding him, but the 2nd contact was definitely initiated by Tupou who then fell back down

On the back of us not even getting a penalty I couldn't cop the 10 in the bin

Just watched the matai try.. I agree with you Dan that it was dodgy, but like you said it's within the rules, so I'll take it :)

Wangman's try was gold! Such a champ.

Is it worth watching the whole game? It was a bit rubbish by most reports..

Watmough's hands are shocking.  If it wasn;t for his reputation he should be in Queensland.  Back to the Blue Arsed days. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4