Australian of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
For mine it would have to be Glenn McGrath but apparently he is no longer the favourite with the bookies.  I can't see how he could be beaten by yet another boring scientist.  It hasn't been won by a sports person for 5years so there's not even the sharing it around justification.

Putting palliative care nurses into rural hospitals where they are most needed is a huge effort for mine.

Kevin Rudd or julia Gillard for sure.  Or maybe Cam Smith for allowing us an easy win in the GF.

McGrath could be a good choice. Even as a sportshead, I do not favour giving it to someone just because they have done well in their chosen career. It needs to be someone that has done something to make Australia a better place or contribute to public life. (For some people, leaving would be the best thing they could do :) ).

cant believe I didn't get nominated. effing spewing, I thought I was a show in this year for sure

John Howard for mine. He has won nearly every award there is to win in the US in the past year, maybe he should get acknowledged at home.

Canteen Worker link said:
You don't win awards in Australia for lying to the Australia public!!!

Damm.  Guess that rules out Rudd and Gillard then.

I havent worn shoes or a proper t-shirt for at least 2 months, instead living and working in thongs, singlet and board shorts. I have a BBQ every weekend and i speak with a nasal filled twang these days.

'sif I dont deserve it

Sledging bastard shouldn't be nominated just because his wife carked it and he suddenly became concerned with anyone else.

Give it to a labcoat type who has done the most to promote Darwinism or found out new things about the universe I say.

or Orford/Lyon anyone of the Manly players

Billy Slater will get it.

The goon has gotten every other award undeservedly. Whose to say he wont get another.

Des Hasler should have been on that list for Order of Australia medals this year instead of some politician, if not Aust. of the year.

Or Beaver Menzies.

manly.jpg

Clon and I spent the Aus day weekend paddling down white water rapids in a dodgy blow up boat using a cricket bat as a paddle.  I think we should have got the award as you cant get any more Australian than that. 

Dodson was a sop to the apology.

McGrath Foundation has put 50+ paliatative nurses into regional areas - pretty substantive contribution for mine.

McGrath has done some good stuff since retiring and of course is one of the greats. I wonder if it was a year too early for him.

Dodson may be a sop to the apology, as you say though I am glad that it didn't go to another sportsman who just did well playing his game.

Precisely.  If anything he didn;t get it because of some of the less deserving sports people that have previously had it. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2