Australia v England, 1st Test, Brisbane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm with shane on this, Siddle shoudl not have pushed bollinger out.

Statistics from today obviously tell a different story, but who can tell if Rug Bollinger wouldnt have taken 7 :)

Shane link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=186018.msg307546#msg307546 date=1290664907]
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186018.msg307544#msg307544 date=1290664767]
LOL how did i guess this would have hit the fan,good hatrick.....
I did cheer a little but then i thought of this f**king forum
lol!!!

i think i just got owned......but seriously look at the head on it

Owned in a good way, Shane (unless your a Pom!) ;)
[/quote]

Lol nah im no pom,im another low level aussie fast bowler who does not want this guy to be immortalized when theres better,in his personal opinion

Fast in club means 120kph which can still make you look ugly if u mess up

I grew up with real idols,McDermott,Mcgrath and Hughes (and one more whos name ill probably scream when i wake up at midnight),later on when i came back it was Lee and Johnson followed closely,i dont see how looking up to satan can be a good thing for cricket and Siddle never even made the squad i was hoping we'd go with,he proved me wrong but goddammit i still submit he is satan

Motherf**ker....another wicket while im writing.....
[/quote]  Can anyone translate?

Fro link said:
I'm with shane on this, Siddle shoudl not have pushed bollinger out.

Statistics from today obviously tell a different story, but who can tell if Rug Bollinger wouldnt have taken 7 :)

Lol RUG Bollinger,i love it
After today his only chance of making the team is if Hilfenhaus makes no impact in the second innings,his bowling after the break was woeful....i reckon 7 balls in that over could have been called wide

2 Left handers is never a bad thing either,Left handers make up so little of the population having 2 of them is just nifty,its having your cake and another cake to go with it and lets not forget Bollingers test wickets so far,so many top class batsman including Gaile have lost their wicket to him

Hilfenhaus is the only one who can go due to the nature of our bowling attack

North is selected for batting,Lol his the cricket version of Gidley

Xavier is a spinner and wont be replaced with pace

Watson isnt selected for bowling alone

Siddle bowled well today,contrary to my beliefs on him

Johnson isnt just a bowler,he can be a handy batsman and isnt
an opening bowler anyway,1st change (never understood that but anyway) and you know his going to make an impact somewhere

Leaving Hilfenhaus to prove himself in the second innings to keep Rug out as both are opening bowlers vying for that single spot,thanks in part to a 6 wicket hatrick getting haul from...Siddle

Oh and by the way,Mightsmell,i have no beef with you here
just an FYI,i know you have this whole idea of a love affair but its not leaking across the entire website,it shall remain where it belongs,wherein the disagreement lies which i refuse to bring up in the cricket section,thank you

My Word Haddin is playing very straight isn't he Shane?

Lucky he doesn't just hack to cow corner :)

Fro after the top/middle order failed i think punter would have had a big talk to him,lol

IE his not playing his game,his playing the game he has to play
Atleast North lived up to expectation.....whens he getting the ass?

lucky Haddin lived up to mine.

Wasn't that a great exhibition of playing straight Shane??

I must admit,what i seen wasnt what i expected from him,normally his a very selfish batter who gets frustrated to easy and is to busy thinking of highlight reel shots instead of building an innings

Ponting never got in and Clarke didnt even look like he was ready to be playing with his injury,North is the joke of our team and if he doesnt bat again this game id be shocked to see him keep his place,handy part time bowler though which might explain the persistance with him,i think the english will bat out day 5 or give australia a ridiculous run chase that will make the game a draw,england only have to draw 5 matches,with our bowling attack today i can almost see it now

And oh my god,since when did we lose our skills in the field? Johnson 1st then Piddle,im quiet used to seeing australian fields swallow catches of that nature,even Piddles one

North with his form with the bat though could well lose his spot to Smith who isnt known for his batting skill but from the few times ive seen him,looks alrightish

Lose a useless batsman and get a full time spinner/batter who will probably get the same amount of runs North would get anyway as much as i despise Smith,i do not envy our selectors at this time

bloody good looking 4th day pitch, really hasnt gone off as expected.

Seems to me the pitch is a tad slow but once you adjust to it as a batter its pretty good.

A decent showing from Bollinger today will put some real pressure on Johnson to hold his spot as well

Both are trying to take it

Pretty piss poor pitch for a test match in the end final partnership on the 5th day brings 100 runs @ 5 an over. The game finished off with 900 runs for the loss of 7 wickets, only 4 of which were batsman.

Bit hard to judge the bowlers too harshly in the second innings but Johnson didnt show much in the first.

They'll give Johnson another Test and he'll probably take 10 wickets for the match, just like Huss reeling off a near double ton to keep the wolves at bay for another series or two.

The Gabba certainly turned into a good batting deck, if you discount the Aussie tailender wickets there was over 900 runs scored for the fall of 4 genuine wickets. Not exactly a bowlers paradise.

I can't see any changes being made for the Adelaide Test, unless Clarke's back flares up and he is ruled out. They'll stick with this same side for another match is my bet. Also think it will be another draw.

Surely Clarke needs to be rested & Bollinger & Smith need to play.

I'd bring Smith in for Clarke (Move Haddin, Hussey & North up 1 spot) & then play Smith & North off against one another. The loser misses out when Clarke comes back.

Harris will come in for Johnson in the only change.

Not what I would do, but thats what will happen.

I'd be putting up a marquee full of strippers on the fine leg boundary and asking Warney to come out of retirement.  He can go in there after each over he bowls. 

If I was to look at this from an Aussie point of view which is hard during the Ashes.
Johnson has to be dropped which is obvious, although i hope he plays. Dougy has to come in. Siddle got lucky in the 1st innings but guessing he will stay. Harris maybe but probably not.
Stiill have no idea how Steve Smith isn't picked ahead of North either.

Steve Smith isnt a test player ......yet.

Problem is North is not either, and dont know if he ever will be.

What have they got to lose putting smith in, if he score fark all they are no worse off, and he is only going to get better.

but we all know that it wont happen

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4