Australia v England, 1st Test, Brisbane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Start time 10:00 Qld time (00:00 GMT)

Team news
Michael Clarke's back is the major worry for Australia but he has proved his fitness and Ponting does not consider him a risk. Peter Siddle will play his first Test since January after beating Doug Bollinger for the final bowling spot, and Xavier Doherty will make his debut. Usman Khawaja and Doug Bollinger are heading to Perth after the toss to play for New South Wales.

Australia 1 Simon Katich, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Michael Hussey, 6 Marcus North, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Xavier Doherty, 10 Peter Siddle, 11 Ben Hilfenhaus.

England have known their best XI for months and there will be no deviating unless someone trips over a sprinkler head, or slips in the nets. No touring team since the great West Indies outfits of the 1980s has been so assured before a series in Australia.

England 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Ian Bell, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 James Anderson, 11 Steven Finn.
Pitch and conditions

Watch out for...
The destination of the Ashes almost relies on Mitchell Johnson's left hand. If he can bounce and frighten, and hurry and worry, England's batsmen then Australia will be more than halfway towards regaining the Ashes. If he is as loose as he was in the 2009 series, the locals will struggle to contain England's complementary batting order. The signs were good last week when he mixed a five-wicket haul with a century for Western Australia, but now he's back in the big time.

Stuart Broad was responsible for turning the Ashes last time and he carries the same power again. A bowler first, he is capable of bowling full for swing or changing his length to force the batsmen back. As a run-maker, he is strong and entertaining, and it is a shame his century against Pakistan at Lord's was sullied. His father Chris was responsible for lifting the urn in 1986-87, and the family name will never be forgotten in England if Broad can do it too.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290641909[/time]

Toss won by  the poms & they will bat

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Goat pictures ;)

He looks like a goat himself,ugliest mother****er in cricket history
Hilfenhaus and Watson seem to be doin ok,im happy noone lost a wicket to Siddle....his bowling is predictable and not really even a threat,his speed is meh compared to other internationals,i honestly dont get the obsession,Atleast our other 2 bowlers swing,Johnson has pace

Siddles almost straight up and down

Johnson is the one who should have made way for Bollinger.  Can't really have two lefties and Johnson is too streaky, as showed today.  We could have throttled them at 2-40 but he has let Pieterson get his eye in.

Lunch.  Two South African wickets, Australia can't get an Englishman out.  They have to be present to fall I guess. 

and his 3rd

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290663954[/time]

and 4 and now on a hatrick

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290664203[/time]

HATRICK  LOL

Shane link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186018.msg307472#msg307472 date=1290644789]
Goat pictures ;)

[/quote]

They must keep playing for the swing! Smart strategy by Siddle. Shano - one of the best reverse mocks of all time!

Shane link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186018.msg307472#msg307472 date=1290644789]
Goat pictures ;)

He looks like a goat himself,ugliest motherf**ker in cricket history
Hilfenhaus and Watson seem to be doin ok,im happy noone lost a wicket to Siddle....his bowling is predictable and not really even a threat,his speed is meh compared to other internationals,i honestly dont get the obsession,Atleast our other 2 bowlers swing,Johnson has pace

[/quote]  Discerning chap really.

LOL how did i guess this would have hit the fan,good hatrick.....
I did cheer a little but then i thought of this ****ing forum
lol!!!

i think i just got owned......but seriously look at the head on it

Shane link said:
I did cheer a little but then i thought of this f**king forum
lol!!!

Owned in a good way, Shane (unless your a Pom!) ;)

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186018.msg307544#msg307544 date=1290664767]
I did cheer a little but then i thought of this f**king forum
lol!!!

Owned in a good way, Shane (unless your a Pom!) ;)
[/quote]

Lol nah im no pom,im another low level aussie fast bowler who does not want this guy to be immortalized when theres better,in his personal opinion

Fast in club means 120kph which can still make you look ugly if u mess up

I grew up with real idols,McDermott,Mcgrath and Hughes (and one more whos name ill probably scream when i wake up at midnight),later on when i came back it was Lee and Johnson followed closely,i dont see how looking up to satan can be a good thing for cricket and Siddle never even made the squad i was hoping we'd go with,he proved me wrong but goddammit i still submit he is satan

Mother****er....another wicket while im writing.....

Doherty doing what a spinner is there to do in the first innings cleaning up the last 2 on debut. His bowling looked good, quite promising.

Good first day and if we bat well tomorrow when its supposed to be best batting conditions it should be looking good

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6