Aust v W.Indies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So.....maybe with all the dce excitement we forgot a test series started?!

Maybe we aren't really into it?

However....

Day one done and dusted!

Good job by our bowlers again!

windies all out 148 and aust 3/85 in response.

Smith still in there. Warner back playing 20/20 style (?)

I hope Voges goes well.

Last edited:
Voges does get his century on debut! Nice one.

Bishoo gets 6 wickets, a cracker to get rid of Haddin.

And 2 quick wickets against the windies puts us in a pretty good position...so far!

No sign of dce.

Any of you follow or see much of our series v England ?

1 of the best I've ever watched, the style of cricket was great to watch, especially in the 2nd test when we had to win so played the most aggressive 4 days of cricket I've seen, scoring at 5+ an over in both innings for about 800 runs

England are extremely fragile I feel, if you get Cook and Root you feel like it's just a matter of time, although Stokes did look good for 92 and 100 at Lords to win the Poms the game. Balance has great figures but Boult worked him out in no time and he looked ordinary against a moving ball, and Bell is horrifically out of form, averaging 6 is last 4-5 tests

TBH I prefer to watch your mob at times Kiwi.

they might lose a few, but they never give up in any.

Ballance is garbage, Root is class and Cook is back in a bit of form.

Told You Ronchi would be a good un, it just took a few years for me to be right :)

Yeah he is very nice to have coming in down the order, will be interesting to see what happens next test when Watling is back fit enough to keep.
Shame we only get the 2 test series everywhere we go

Was hoping for a competitive Ashes but hard to see it happening unless a Cook, Root, Bell etc have the series of their lives

Dan your board is trying to actually negotiating to lose a test in NZ early next year and increase the ODI component of the tour.

I read that yesterday, absolutely fuming about it !! I know why they will be doing it, we are among the poorest cricketing nations so 3 full house ODIs means more $$$ than the extra test, but it is not the way the players want things to go. Too often we are playing in 2 test series that are over just as they warm up

I didn't see any of the nz v poms series. reads like a very good one. a pity there isn't more money in nz cricket as they certainly punch above their weight!

A real shame that they feel the need to lose a test to gain some one dayers. I thought one dayers were losing their attractiveness due to 20/20's?

windies 8-206, lead by 40 odd atm.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd that's all she wrote.

Aust win by 9 wickets in just under 3 days!

Last edited:
err, second test is on. smith makes 100. a shame bishoo is out as he really tested aust in the first game.

Seems like....interest levels in this series aren't that high...?

The World Cup spiked the interest in 1 day cricket here mate, so guessing they want to cash in on that. We gave up 408 in the 1st one dayer though so will want to be getting rid of that form before then !!

Guessing everyone is just waiting for the ashes, I'm following it on cricinfo as I do all the cricket but not seeing any coverage of it

Also pretty much the worst times to watch over here - the day wraps up around 7 / 7:30 in the morning so it is not overly easy to see much of it

Saw taylor started with 6 maidens and 2 wickets...

Ah ok, thanks for that. I didn't think you guys were all glued to your sets watching the womens soccer world cup! (though that might be ok too)

That is on at better times and SBS is showing all the games / live streaming it as well (I am working from a heap at the moment...)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Steve smith out for 199!!!!! lbw, reviewed it but....gone.

taylor 6 for 47 but Aust still managed to get 399.

third aussie to be dismissed for 199! Still not a bad score but oh so close.

lyon and hazlewood went the slog after that...so 6 runs and 5 balls later it was all over.

2nd test all wrapped up. I kinda hope the windies improve, hopefully someone over there has the answers. The 80's, as my better half reminds me, was a long time ago.

Didn't watch any of the windies games live, just highlights.

I will be watching the ashes a little more closely though.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2