Aust v New Zealand 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If NZ keep batting this well.....we may even get more than one kiwi posting in here!!!!!!

Am in a position where I can comment now lol, I must admit over the past couple of season I have found the Australia test matches have been getting boring with how lopsided every pitch has been towards the batsman. Used to just be Adelaide like that, now they are all a bit bland and the same all around country. Enjoyed watching us bat yesterday but would prefer to see a bit extra there for the bowlers. Batsman still have to hold their composure though and they are getting better and better at batting long period of time. Warner has certainly figured it out, don't need to be playing a shot a ball to get quick runs, just need a technique to keep the good ones out and you are set

How good though was the period where Starc was up around 150km and McCullums bat was flying through at about 200km. I'd hate to see the colour of Lyons hip this morning, **** that must have hurt

Will be an interesting 1st session coming up, Craig can bat properly but Henry and Southee both can't see the value in defending the ball so Taylor may feel he needs to hurry up as well

day 4 is here.

erm....can someone find Aust's plot, they've seem to have lost it.

Is the waca groundsman still the only person in the world thinking he's prepared a good pitch?

What a crap test match. Australia would be nuts to declare and leave any sort of gettable target

Probably the highlight of the match for me was Ian Chappell yesterday morning saying "he won't last long playing like that" as Taylor was starting his innings

Amazing how quickly the commentary has dropped off on Ch9, in the space of a few years has gone from being easily the best commentary to being among the worst if it isn't right at the bottom of the ladder

Watching the net session at the moment...considering it is a road and a draw is enough to retain the series for Oz I can not see them declaring anytime soon

As for the commentary for me the day it went to 3 on at once was the start of the downward slope

Without tony Greig and Bill Lawry the "team" of Healy, Slats and Tubby would be the worst around.
They are flatter than the Waca pitch.

Agree with you guys. what a dud. They needed to get this one right, especially with the windies tests coming up......but of course the windies admin have left all the stars out yet again and they are all going to be playing in the bbl in Aust at the same time. Test cricket doesn't need to do this to itself!

If what 'they' say is true, and smith is more conservative than clark....then he wont declare soon with a draw meaning the series is won (as Lsz said.)

A couple of big cracks opening up....maybe nz will skittle us for 20 or so in the last half hour's play!

aust seem to be in the midst of industrial action with today's 'go slow!'

Mitchell Johnson retiring after today.

thanks for the memories Mitch!

There you go a draw. Looking forward to the Adelaide test with the pink ball. Hopefully the pitch might offer something...anything really.
Glad the Kiwis got back into it, hopefully make a contest of the series

Can't believe Mitch just up and retired. He was always a bit of an enigma and seemed to struggle with the mental aspects of the game. Devastating bowler on his day, that Ashes series here a couple of summers ago was brutal. He'll have to go down as one of the greats, 300 Test wickets proves that. Not the greatest average, but I did enjoy watching him bowl when he was in the groove.

Interested to see if the pink ball can help the kiwis take 20 wickets in a match and have a chance in this series or if the aussies are going to swich back on.
They will need a lot more from their spinner than 7-700 odd that he has in this series.

some talk of 2 spinners with O'Keefe to come in for Johnson. Did well in the pink ball sheffield shield game.

And away we go with the pink ball and the first ever day/night test!

Barry Richards can't believe how much the bats have changed as in one hand he holds his 1970 bat (that he scored 325 in a day with) whilst holding one of Warner's in the other!!

227831.jpg

Third umpire might be looking for a new job after that decision today.
Changed the game. We'll take it though.
I love the atmosphere, but do you think the one day feel has got the players playing shots they normally wouldn't in a normal dreary test match?

hard to tell, there is more swing later at night but both teams have had to play over 20 overs of the last session.

As for the lyon call, it was not a howler and hot spot can come from other things. If snicko had anything it would have been overturned. One wonders what the kiwis were appealing for as there was no noise and they would not have been able to see hotspot.

I think the rule should be that both have to say the same to overturn a call. You see it with LBW where the entire ball has to be on/off the stumps.

McCullum reviewed on a pretty plumb ball himself which was a bad call.

Can we play with a pink ball every test? Not sure if it is the pitch or ball but it is nice to see a contest after the batting fest's of the previous matches

As an aside I have really enjoyed watching Williamson bat..Not i have said that about a Kiwi since Martin Crowe

Good finish to the series, Aussies did well without starc bowling for 1 &1/2 innings. NZ bowlers only took 41 wickets for the 3 test series so hard to win like that, if they had a front line spinner they could have gone real close.
Day night tests will be here to stay as nein pushed hard in commentary about how great it is.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4