Aust v India

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Go Joe Burns you are awesome and are going to score a huuuuge amount......oh, you're out again.

Let's just bat these clowns out of it. I'd make them bowl us out tomorrow, at 2-0 up we have nothing to prove. Let's see how lippy kohli is when he is chasing 400+ in 2 sessions. Hopefully Johnson will knock him over cheaply tomorrow.

What's to stop Steve Smith (or his mates / family / partner), plonking $100,000 on the draw @ $1.80 odds and batting all day?

I love a bet, but sports betting is a very
dicey area.

Trying to remain optimistic.
cheers.

^ dunno mate but my wish list is probably like this.....

1- Integrity
2- we only need a draw to win the series so bat away all day!
3- tail can't last forever
4-Indian bowlers
5 - weather
6- draw looks likely....$1.80 seems alright....throw some $$$$$ on it!

party on positively!

At six down, why wouldn't you bowl those last four overs to maybe snatch a win.? Steve Waugh or the Chappells would've went for the throat for sure.

It was a strange end. You only need one over to win at that point. Remember Clarke a couple of tours back. The Indians are known for crumbling under pressure.

If they had picked up kohli early when they had a couple of chances then it would have been a different outcome. I'm sure they can get him cheaply in sydney if they play on his arrogance and target him through square leg mid wicket pulling early in his dig.

Chip and Chase said:
It was a strange end. You only need one over to win at that point. Remember Clarke a couple of tours back. The Indians are known for crumbling under pressure.

If they had picked up kohli early when they had a couple of chances then it would have been a different outcome. I'm sure they can get him cheaply in sydney if they play on his arrogance and target him through square leg mid wicket pulling early in his dig.

I would've played the overs out.

Same as I make my friends putt it out. And am happy to do the same.

sing fat lady, sing!

I have never really understood stopping early at professional level. The fans paid to see cricket, you should play.

Agree that Smith was under instruction, Clarke was on the TV saying 380 - 400 and thats what they went for.

I couldn't have cared less if we had batted all day. We were 2-0 up in the series it's not up to us to ensure that there is a result. It'd be nice to win the series 4-0. But I'll take 2-0 over 2-2 or 3-1 any day because we gave them a sniff with sporting declarations. Fk that.

The only negative with batting a side out is nobody is watching.

It's natural that we're all excited and interested by a contest. Nobody will set there for 8 hours, watching paint dry.

And then fans continue to leave 4 & 5-day cricket for other sports or interests and then it dies.

Give me a courageous Aussie captain / team, any day of the week.

I think test match crowds in this country have never been stronger. Some of that is to do with administration changes like minimum over rates and extended hours of play to cover lost time, which go a long way to ensuring every chance of a result. Also test match run rates have increased considerably in the modern era, that brings the crowds in as well. So I don't see a lot of true cricket fans leaving for other sports because we don't corageously set 300 run 4th innings totals from a full days play. I watch test matches to see quality cricket, which generally will bring a result on most ocassions. There were 9 draws in over 40 tests in 2014, so I don't think we have a problem. If I want a result every time I'll watch ODI's

Anyway I don't see a lot of gutsy declarations from any Captain of any test side that is leading a series 2-0. Smith did exactly what Clarke, Ponting, Waugh etc would have done. He set them a very difficult chase and gave us enough opportunity to bowl them out. Just about every 3rd innings declaration worldwide would be made with a 350+ target in mind. The only criticism I had of Smith was that he seemed to be waiting for Sean Marsh to get his ton before declaring, that doesn't always sit well with me, depending on the state of play at the time.

Great first two sessions today. I was sure warner was going to go to town once he got his tom but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Felt sorry for buck rogers as he deserved a century after his efforts in the last 5 innings. Just a little lapse cost him. Last session was tough going watching watto grind away. Hopefully he and smith ramp it up in the morning. We could be 600 by tea tomorrow at this rate.

Indians don't look like bowling us out and what few chances they do create they fritter away. Great to see.

Meanwhile in Wellington Williamson and wattling have batted NZ into a dominant position that didn't look likely at 5 for 150 odd. Recird partnership for 6th wicket.

Haven't seen any of the Aus v India game really, not surprised to see Watson scoring dead rubber runs though

Williamson and Watling were amazing over here, 365 unbroken I think the partnership finished at. McCullum is a go for the win type of skipper so knew the declaration was coming but would have loved to see him let them go on to really big scores

Watling broke that 6th wicket record with McCullum last year and rebroke it today which apparently is the 1st time it has ever happened

Williamson could be absolutely anything, average up above 45 now and around 3000 runs. 1 of the best techniques I have seen for a long time and he will smash all NZ batting records along the way. With Williamson, Taylor, McCullum in the middle order and Southee and Boult with the new pill we have a very strong unit to build a team around

Haven't seen anything of team ranked 5 v team ranked 7 really.

Kiwi I thought i read something that McCullum had considered retirement?

Not sure mate, hadn't heard much about that. He had to give up the gloves to prolong his career because his knees and back are shot so maybe it could have been linked to that

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=12131004&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.nz%2F%22%7D

Williamson #1 play on Sportscenter. Always funny listening to the yanks on cricket

surely India cant bat any slower. Making Boycott look like gilly or warner!

Ooops, now 2 wickets down.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7