Aust. Open Tennis Grand Slam, Melbourne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
What a fantastic game with Nadal vs Verdasco, probably best game I've seen in years

Verdascoe REALLY gave it to him, and almost bested him too!
Some of those heavy rallies, and then amazing cross-court shots, with such intensity!

About 2/3 of the way through it, one of the commentators said that this match was shaping into one of the greatest ever played - and he was spot on. An EPIC match.

5hrs & 14mins - the longest match ever played in the history of that event, glad I hung in there and watched it.

Now 2 great played in the final tomorrow, I like both of them and will be going for Federer and think he'll beat Rafa in 4 sets.

That game of tennis was sensational - a pleasure to watch, especially when compared to that farce on channel 9 with the flannelled fools!

Yes an astonishing game and great entertainment.  Let's hope it has taken a lot of petrol out of Nadal's tank as I want Federer to go past that bore Sampras.

Dokic was brave this year too.

I have to hand it to 'does my bum look big in this?' Williams. How she can cart her frame around a court and win so many grand slams is amazing.

Says quite a bit about the standard of women's tennis I believe.  They're too busy posing for men's magazines and chasing endorsements to play the game.

Graf would get Grand Slam after Grand Slam against this lot.

Yes the Nadal/Verdasco match was even sweeter from the corporate box at Rod Laver Arena.  The crowd booed when they opened the roof after the doubles match prior, we just laughed.

clontaago link said:
Yes the Nadal/Verdasco match was even sweeter from the corporate box at Rod Laver Arena.  The crowd booed when they opened the roof after the doubles match prior, we just laughed.

Glad to see you managed to squeeze in a mention of getting in to a corporate box there champ

Unlucky Rodge, I feel that he had a better game overall. But once again, couldn't complete the crucial break points.

How was that f'wit yelling "out" on Championship Point?

Glad Nadal won.  Roger seems like a nice guy but I am sick of him winning all the time, just like I was with Sampras. However he will eventually break his record of 14 slam titles.  I will probably be sick of Nadal for the same reason in a couple of years. 

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=179083.msg206074#msg206074 date=1233477089]

Had to be done.

Glad to see you managed to squeeze in a mention of getting in to a corporate box there champ
[/quote]

Well done Bernard Tomic beating Fernando Verdasco in round 1 of the 2012 Aust. Open today!

Went the distance, good to see!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8