Aussies Crush Zims

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Australia innings (50 overs maximum) R
SR Watson c Chigumbura b Williams 81
BJ Haddin c Williams b Rainsford 47
RT Ponting c Taylor b Chigumbura 2
MJ Clarke c Brent b Mpofu 82
BJ Hodge c Williams b Dabengwa 17
MEK Hussey c Brent b Williams 15
GB Hogg run out (Utseya) 5
MG Johnson not out 20
NW Bracken not out 13
Extras (w 2, nb 6) 8

Total (7 wickets; 50 overs) 290

Did not bat SR Clark, SW Tait, GD McGrath

Zimbabwe innings (target: 291 runs from 50 overs) R
T Duffin c Haddin b Bracken 5
V Sibanda c Haddin b Johnson 5
CJ Chibhabha c Clarke b Clark 22
SC Williams c & b Hodge 44
S Matsikenyeri run out 35
E Chigumbura c Johnson b Clark 15
BRM Taylor not out 10
KM Dabengwa b McGrath 15
GB Brent not out 0
Extras (b 5, lb 8, w 15, nb 5) 33

Total (7 wickets; 50 overs) 184

Bowling O M R W Econ
SW Tait 7 1 24 0 3.42
NW Bracken 5 2 8 1 1.60
GD McGrath 5 2 8 1 1.60
MG Johnson 7 2 22 1 3.14
SR Clark 7 0 33 2 4.71
GB Hogg 8 0 36 0 4.50
BJ Hodge 6 1 26 1 4.33
SR Watson 5 1 14 0 2.80

clark went for 4.7 against zimbabwee - we are in real trouble when he bowls to actual batsmen.

the lack of bowling them out is also a worry

Fluffy, the real worry is that our replacement strike bowler (Tait) couldn't buy a freakin wicket against one of the worst teams in the world. He and Hogg bowled a combined 15 overs for 0/60. Hogg shouldn't be in the team, and I thought the greatest thing about Tait was that he could rattle 'lesser' batsmen and run through them? Not the Zimbots!

There's the worry.

It's only a practice match so the rules would be more lax.

I imagine McGrath wouldn't have batted (had it gone down that far) and I'd suggest that Hayden, with his broken toe, would've been rested in the field - but still allowing McGrath etc their chance to bowl.

Watson 81 with the bat and 0/14 through 5 overs... not bad.. might be finding some form.

For mine fluffy our problem is more that we have no wicket takers... forget their economy for a minute. When was the last time Australia bowled a team out!! I'm not sure but i'd say it would have been 5 or 6 games ago... we need more bowlers taking wickets (clark took 2 of the 7 we got) ... get wickets and the economy should look after itself.

As I said, dont worry about Watson. He will prove extremely valuable in this World Cup. So long as he opens the batting.

I agree with you clon.... i know that watson has the skills to be very valuable to us. I just hope he can it going right now!

Simmo came of age in 2003 WC, I expect Watson to do the same here.

Very good point actually. Prior to the 03WC I had nothing but scorn for Roy. Absolute complete waste of talent. I was constantly frustrated that he was picked and could never see the point....

The rest is history. Against Pakistan I told myself that if Roy saved us (when we were slightly boned) then I'd have no choice but be a fan of his for life. Thankfully he hasn't let me down very often since then.

If Watson can have a similar 'awakening' then I'll gladly eat my words and welcome him into the Aussie side.

Watson 81 with the bat and 0/14 through 5 overs... not bad.. might be finding some form.

For mine fluffy our problem is more that we have no wicket takers... forget their economy for a minute. When was the last time Australia bowled a team out!! I'm not sure but i'd say it would have been 5 or 6 games ago... we need more bowlers taking wickets (clark took 2 of the 7 we got) ... get wickets and the economy should look after itself.

blame clon for that, he had his way and our leading wicket taker is not there - he should be happy with the crop now

Fluffy, you still havent replied to my offer of a $20 on your quote that "Australia wont make the semis"

lacking in penis hey?

why should i change just to please you?

If I had a small penis I might take offence to that.

If you want to start trading personal insults, I have seen your missus mate.

seems like you did take offence

so is there something in the first line then?

just kidding, ive heard the stories. Doug hangs almost all the way to the floor, just 2 iches off it in fact.

when lying face down :dance:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4