Aussies batting first against Pakis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reakon he would have been a good chance of taking 8 for. On what i saw and what i have seen this year. He is bowling with better control but still good pace.

No one will ever know, but the good thing is we kicked ass, even without a bowler that would start in any other side in the world.

The rate we are going Lee will be able to bowl till he is 40 as he is only playing half a season every year cause of teh 12th man crap.

Fluff we might never be able to see eye to eye on this one. Perhaps what we look for in a good bowler is different.

For mine Lee gives away too many runs and lets the pressure off the opposing team. Sure he blasts the odd one out but my memory of him bowling in Perth is of bouncers whizzing past the ears of Harmison and the like. Lee is a good tail-end bully but he doesn't cut the mustard in elite company for mine.

Kasper bowled a miserly spell - it helped keep the pressure on and reaped not only wickets for himslef but also for the bowler at the other end.

You are right that Lee has more potential than Kaspa. But give me Kaspa's work ethic any time. A bit like how I take Hecks over the princess show pony.

I understand what you are saying.

Id take Kasper over here (east coast) before Lee but in perth id go for Lee.

Also since we are going to win either way i prefer watching lee bowl. He hits more batsman in the head than Kasper.

I think Lee is the better One day player, yes he goes for runs sometimes but so does kasper. They both go for a little over 4.5 an over. Lee takes more wickets. Then the big distinction - Lee is far better in the field and one of the best outfielders in world cricket. Lee is far better with the bat and can hit 20 off 10 when needed. These thing count in one dayers.

I know we wont see eye to eye i just disagree with those who think Lee shouldnt be there, not those that think Lee shouldnt get Kaspers spot.

Its the think outside the square attitude that people lack sometimes. Why is symonds in the team? because he is the best fielder in the game. that sort of thing.

One dayers will see rotation again anyway.

Martin just scored a 100 he's not going anywere. He's set for another 3 tests of sub 20 scores.

Oh i know that, i just reakon he should be dropped for younger blood.

You seriously cannot think that Lehmann is better than Martyn. What happened in the last Test, Lehmann= 5 and 12, Martyn scores a ton. Martyn was awesome in India and Sri Lanka.

Please tell me what Lehmann did that was so great in India, or against New Zealand. Don't say "he scored 80 in the Second Test against New Zealand", because we all know Katich's 90 against Queensland is better than 80 against the New Zealand bowling attack.

Then saying that Martyn should be dropped for younger blood, i'll think you'll find Martyn is possibly two years younger than Lehmann. Remember the selectors only used age as a factor when they wanted to get rid of Mark Waugh and Steve Waugh. Now they say age isn't a factor. Double standards if ever i've seen it.

Sorry Fluffy but Lehmann is a cat and Martyn is class, bloody awesome to watch too, the most stylish batsmen in the team since Mark Waugh, Lehmann on the other hand :lol: .

This year Martyn has 400 more runs from 2 more tests than lehmanm. Martyn also bats in better conditions more often than martyn. Martyns ton in perth was once we had the game won, Lehmann's second innings was under the instruction to go out and hit out. Martyn only managed 1 in the first innings, and was only the 3rd highest scoring batsman on his home pitch for our team against a lesser attack than NZ once aktar went off.

2003 - Lehmann averaged 74, Martyn 42 and couldnt crack a century. Why was he there in the first place??

Good to see all the wickets martyn has taken - 12 at 58 compared to Lehmann shocking 47 at 26.

Please tell me what Lehmann did that was so great in India, or against New Zealand. Don't say \"he scored 80 in the Second Test against New Zealand\", because we all know Katich's 90 against Queensland is better than 80 against the New Zealand bowling attack.  
He scored a 70 before he was injusred and missed out on 3 innings in India, martyn had one century for the same period, hardly that much better. Please tell what martyn did that was so great against NZ.

Lehman's dismal 150 against sri lanka in sri lanka was made to look measly by Martyn's 14 an 1 that game, or was it his 129 the game before you didnt like. Maybe it was when lehmann scored 2 of the 3 half centuries in cairns for the Aussies with gilly getting the other that you dont like.

Here is a comparison between Martyn and Lehmann for the last 5 Test series.

Australia in Sri Lanka-

1st Test- Martyn- 42 and 110, Lehmann- 63 and 129
2nd Test- Martyn- 1 and 161, Lehmann- 8 and 21
3rd Test- Martyn- 14 and 5, Lehmann- 153 and 1

Martyn- 333 @ 55.5, Lehmann 375 @ 62.50

Sri Lanka in Australia-

1st Test- Martyn- 47 and 7, Lehmann- 57 and 51
2nd Test- Martyn- 97 and 52, Lehmann- 50 and 21

Martyn- 203 @ 50.75, Lehmann 179 @ 44.75

Australia in India-

1st Test- Martyn- 3 and 45, Lehmann- 17 and 14
2nd Test- Martyn- 26 and 104, Lehmann- 0 and 31
3rd Test- Martyn- 114 and 97, Lehmann- 70
4th Test- Martyn- 55 and 0, Lehmann out injured.

Martyn 444 @ 55.50, Lehmann 132 @ 26.40

New Zealand in Australia-

1st Test- Martyn- 70, Lehmann- 8
2nd Test- Martyn- 7 and 6 Not Out, Lehmann- 81

Martyn 83 @ 41.50, Lehmann 89 @ 44.50

Pakistan in Australia-

1st Test- Martyn- 1 and 100 Not Out, Lehmann- 12 and 5

Martyn 101 @ 50.50, Lehmann 17 @ 8.5

Total after 5 series-

[b:69b4da39c9]Martyn- 1164 Runs @ 55.42[/b:69b4da39c9]
[b:69b4da39c9]Lehmann- 792 Runs @ 41. 68[/b:69b4da39c9]

I know who I would rather have in my side, batting wise and entertainment wise.

Love wont be back MAta, unfortunately, because hes the best number 3 in Australia, including Mr Ponting

Another example of a Queenslander dropped after scoring a century. :roll:

Actually he seems down on form this year. Perhaps he's realised he's had his day?

Been injured this season on and off.

yep, I think hes realise hes a fair way down the packing order when Katich and Hodge went to India ahead of him.

a shame because he was a good player, and I have no particular love for Queenslanders :lol:

So martyn who is having a great year compared to lehman who is going crap and suffereing from injuries there is just 13 runs average in it and no talk about any bowling ability which Lehmann is obviously there for. He is the back up spinner.

So out of the last 4 completed test series (one match out of 3 is hardly a series) Lehamnn has gone better in 2, matryn in 2 (one of which lehmann was injured in). Thats a pretty even scorecard.

This is martyns best ever batting and its not too far above boof. How long till martyn begins failing again??

Lehamn is more consistant and has more to offer than just batting.

Do you really think Lehmann needs to bowl? McGrath, Gillespie, Kasprowisc and Warne are class and carving up. Michael Clarke has a bowling average of 2.17, but yet Lehmann always gets a bowl. You want to know why, because Lehmann is a bum chum of Ricky Ponting's.

An average of 55 is bloody great, and average of 41 is alright, but not great. Yes, that is a huge difference.

The last test should of course be counted. You're only as good as your last test innings is how the saying goes I think.

You're right Lehmann got injured. Who's fault is that? It's no-one elses fault he is unfit, it should, but doesn't count against him.

Are you saying that an average of 41 is more consistent than an average of 55?

Yeah he does have more to offer than Martyn. Racism is always great to have in the team, a crap, slow fielder is also great.

Steve Waugh was going way better than Lehmann at the moment when all the calls went out to have him dropped. Have a look at that England series when everyone was calling for his head. I think in every knock he got more than Lehmann.

Martin Love was a class act, and was definately unlucky to not play more tests, but again he is not part of the boys club, just like Bevan, MacGill and a few others.

Consistancy goes further than 1 calender year.

can you please inform me of all of martyn hundreds from 2003.

Ponting must be bum chums with Mcgrath, Gillespie, Kasperwicz and Warne as well as Lehmann because they all get a bowl before Clarke and none of them come in cooee of Clarkes figures.

Waugh should not have been dropped he should have retired rightfully at the end of the indian series just gone.

WE best get rid of warne being a slow fielder and not of pure character. as well as mcgrath for all his sledging.

Will be interesting to see your team opening bowlers dizzy and clarke.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6