Aussie Test Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't get all the hate Siddle cops from Aussies

He has been consistently Australia's best quick for a few years now

Hard to gauge, I'd say Hilfenhouse or Pattinson, we don't like Siddle because he is idiotic,a so called test level bowler who chucks front foot no balls, also the soul patch

Tell me the reason for the obsession with pushing that line? If you're further back the ****ing ball gets more time to swing, batsmen stand out of the crease to subtract swing so why the **** are bowlers helping them? Seems like a lose lose lose situation, the extra lose is for the level of derp it takes to bowl a front foot no ball

Clarke > Lyon IMO, should've taken a full pace battery bringing Starc, if we take all the bowlers surely one of them has to get a wicket

God its nice to see real bowlers steam in, build pressure and take wickets....to bad they aren't Aussie

I'm with Shane on Siddle, he is a good backup bowler but not a lot more.

To his credit you know you are always going to get 100% from him, unfortunately that 100% isnt quite up to the mark.

but the others are pretty inconsistent is the problem.

Bit if a shame this pitch is so good, especially given all the talk a week ago about what sort of pitch it is going to be, has turned out to be a batsmans paradise once the new ball period is over

I'm a big fan of the 250-300 each side 1st innings matches, always far more exciting than getting to day 4 with 600 plays 500

Fro said:
I'm with Shane on Siddle, he is a good backup bowler but not a lot more.

To his credit you know you are always going to get 100% from him, unfortunately that 100% isnt quite up to the mark.

but the others are pretty inconsistent is the problem.

Mate I don't doubt his efforts,I respect them and he tries harder than most but your right his skill isn't up high enough, for bowlers guts means little if you can't build pressure

If we take a pace battery and have Clarke and or another part timer roll the arm over we'll have atleast one pacer hit the straps, its unlikely everyone will bowl **** at once, Lyon isn't the spinner we need, he gets wickets generally with miss hit pies, he's no test level player, the old adage "**** gets wickets" rings true on Lyon

The worst bit about Siddle is his age means be won't be rotated out, knowing my luck he'll get a tenfor this summer

Great knock from Cowan. I'll be very happy to be proven wrong on him. He played a much style of innings than anything he produced last Summer. Good on him.

And well Michael Clarke...he's moving up to elite status.

I'm with Shane on Siddle. He's a handy depth bowler, if there's an injury or two he can come in for a test or two, but he keeps bowling that back of a length bull****.

Can't wait until our bowling attack consists of Pattinson, Hazlewood, Starc/Cummins - just need some luck with injuries, these guys will form a quality fast bowling attack for a long time injuries permitting.

What worries me is that Siddle is portrayed in the media as the leader of the bowlers...

Siddle is the sort of bowler you need at test level sometimes. He is an honest toiler who will try his guts out and bowl long spells in less than ideal conditions. You can't have an attack made up of glory boys looking to blast batsmen out in short spells. Merv Hughes was a similar style of bowler as well, and he was a good servant of Australian cricket.

How costly have no balls been in this test ? I think there has been 3 "dismissals" from no balls .

Great knock by Cowan and Clarke yesterday. A lot to like about Ed Cowan, old school opener who is prepared to "leave" all day. Just the sort of ying you need to Warner's "belt everything" yang. They could be the new Langer and Hayden.......here's hoping.

Doherty going to India as 2nd spinner, LMFAO !! What are they thinking ?!?! Cannon fodder for them over there

I'm more concerned about maxwell smith and henriques. Why do we always think we need an all rounder ?? Now we've got 3

Kiwi Eagle said:
Doherty going to India as 2nd spinner, LMFAO !! What are they thinking ?!?! Cannon fodder for them over there

It's a joke.

Player A is 30, has a career First Class bowling average of 44.78, and a FC bowling average of 80 this season, and can't bat.

Player B is 28, has a career First Class bowling average of 27.33 and a batting average of 31.8.

Hey, let's pick Player A, because he keeps he tight in ODI's.

Steve O'Keefe has obviously crossed someone who is very powerful.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6