Aus v India 4th Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
You still carry a torch for Katich Volley? I noticed him in the big bash earlier in the week when at the gym. Nearly fell off the exercise bike when I noticed he had a strike rate over 100. Didnt know he had it in him.

Nah Garts, he lost me with his Clarke whinge and constant sooking. Heard from someone that he's been jealous of Clarke for a while and his efforts in the dressing room when he choked him was just an extension of it.

Still rate his batting, and was very unlucky to be speared. But calls to re-instate him are quite ridiculous.

Fro said:
I actually think Siddle is Rubbish, as i have said a few times, so i agree with you, and i have said numerous times Haddin is on borrowed time, so I actually agree with you on both those.

and I'm far from a hater champ, you need to care to hate.
Hang on a sec I think your way off the mark on siddle the 2011-12 version the guy has improved significantly he is a lot fuller and has regularly been the man to take the big wickets for Clarke. I will confess that 12 months ago I shared your opinion of him and I had the same opinion on hilfy.

I'd play siddle and drop ryno or starc, siddle can rest during the ODIs.

Your right Cliffy he has improved, a hell of a lot. but he is still lacking a certain something. With Hilfenhaus back bowling well, and Harris is world class when his body holds up, And Pattinson and Cummins all appearing to be the next generation they would be my 4 quicks when fit. and 3 of them play at a time.

Siddle will always be there or thereabouts, and will play a lot simply because the attrition rate with fast bowlers is so high.

Starc is just rubish.

I wonder how much of this improvement in the quicks can be credited to coach McDermott for first time since alderman and Fleming retired we are seeing Australian quicks taking wickets on the back of swing bowling.

Just on McDermott anyone seen his young bloke play for the heat I think he has a big future as well still pretty young though.

More of the same. India bowling pies and aussie bats cashing in. Marsh probably won't get another crack this test if we put on 500+ first dig, so could be his last test for a while. Only point of interest now is whether Haddin will get some decent time in the middle to try and save his career.

Chip and Chase said:
More of the same. India bowling pies and aussie bats cashing in. Marsh probably won't get another crack this test if we put on 500+ first dig, so could be his last test for a while. Only point of interest now is whether Haddin will get some decent time in the middle to try and save his career.
Marsh, Hughes, usman and the other better batsman in domestic cricket need 3 or 4 Australian a tours to get them battle hardened and ready to fill the massive void filled by losing hussey and ponting when they decide to call it quits.

We would be ****ed with out Clarke and pointing almost 1100 runs between them in 5 and half tests

The Eagle said:
Fro said:
Mcdermott is a far better coach than he was a player.

Batting enthusiast, you despise and deride all bowlers

Batters can be cocky bowlers can't

Nah not at all, Just some bowlers :)

Harris is good, as is Hilfenhaus.

was never a McDermott fan back in the day, but he has done a great job as far as the coaching goes, so full credit to him for that.

Well thats farked his average.

Cheap innings from Clarke drops his average by 60 for the year.

As for McDermott - good bowler, not a great but almsot 300 wickets under 30 isnt too shabby. Was more of a thinker than pure skill type bowler and that is showing in his coaching.

Fro said:
The Eagle said:
Fro said:
Mcdermott is a far better coach than he was a player.

Batting enthusiast, you despise and deride all bowlers

Batters can be cocky bowlers can't

Nah not at all, Just some bowlers :)

Harris is good, as is Hilfenhaus.

was never a McDermott fan back in the day, but he has done a great job as far as the coaching goes, so full credit to him for that.

I was a fan of Mcdermott but I was a kid when he was playing so can't remember much other than he broke stumpcam yeah? But if you can't teach,umpire

Thought you disliked Harris, remember someone hating on him

Surely that's the end of Marsh for a while, at least until he can rack up some runs in Shield games.

We put on another 100 runs and that's the end of the Indians hopes, however slim they may be at the moment

Chip and Chase said:
Surely that's the end of Marsh for a while, at least until he can rack up some runs in Shield games.

We put on another 100 runs and that's the end of the Indians hopes, however slim they may be at the moment

Shield cricket is a bad joke, we need other internationals in it

Maybe we can invite Zimbabwe to enter a Shield side, that ought to get Marsh's confidence up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4