Auckland 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Noticed on twitter yesterday they're starting to leak info on prices etc for the two days.

Fairly cheap as well $60 odd dollars from two days.

Realize it's not everyone's cup of tea but anyone else interested in going?

We will have a cracking side.
My squad would be
Hiku
Gutherson
Matai
Jorge
Wolf
Dce
Foz
Lawrence
Horo
Hodges
Gift
Bruher
Chisholm
Blair
Jake T

That would be very competitive.

Notable omissions
Ballin - doesn't need the excess workload when you think about the defensive workload he has during the season.
Watmough - you'd assume he would be recovering from off season knee surgery not worth the risk
Brett - no way would you risk him
Killer - not work risking

I'll tell you who should be there ... BEAVER!!!!

I've said it in a few threads but imagine that! It would generate additional interest and let Beaver finish his career in Maroon & White. Get Beaver to sign one of those $1 contracts as an insurance policy for us, but what better event could you see if he can still match it physically with the next generation (outside of an NRL match) then playing a few days of 9s footy.

It will be interesting who we take to Auckland for this. Manly had a good record in the old World Sevens so hopefully we can carry on that tradition in the Nines.

If you had to pick a Manly nines team from all the players in our history, who would you pick? Personally I'd find it hard to leave out Johnny Bliss, Nick Yakich, Ken Irvine, Bozo, Wombat, Cliffy Lyons, Snake, Beaver, Choc and DCE.....just for starters.

I wish I had the money to go to Auckland for the tournament, but TV is will be for me.

Masked Eagle said:

I've said it in a few threads but imagine that! It would generate additional interest and let Beaver finish his career in Maroon & White. Get Beaver to sign one of those $1 contracts as an insurance policy for us, but what better event could you see if he can still match it physically with the next generation (outside of an NRL match) then playing a few days of 9s footy.

I agree, Beaver is always welcome anywhere....

Masked Eagle said:

Trouble with this is Shubert would probably count anything the club pays him for his already publicised membership role in the cap. I would actually have to say fair enough.

CAMBO said:
My squad would be
Hiku
Gutherson
Matai
Jorge
Wolf
Dce
Foz
Lawrence
Horo
Hodges
Gift
Bruher
Chisholm
Blair
Jake T

It certainly would be competitive considering the other side would only have 9 players!!!

lololol

#lol

#icanhazcheeseburger

globaleagle said:
CAMBO said:
My squad would be
Hiku
Gutherson
Matai
Jorge
Wolf
Dce
Foz
Lawrence
Horo
Hodges
Gift
Bruher
Chisholm
Blair
Jake T

It certainly would be competitive considering the other side would only have 9 players!!!

lololol

#lol

#icanhazcheeseburger

Reading not your strong suit Boowinkle ;) lol
2nd sentence I said squad it's like squid but with an 'a' and not as fishy :D

Hahahahahha take that you clown :p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4