Auckland 9's 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah let's make sure we win the nines then the next most important game, the Batlle of Rat Park, hopefully against a second tier comp team.
I think we're lining up against Burleigh Bears next Feb.

Think we should throw in Williame, Wright, Brown, Myles and some other ones who wouldn't affect us due to injury. Let the warriors use up all their stars, we can just look on and enjoy the only stressless rugby league games until the next auckland nines
Excellent idea HS! Use all the duds we've bought (and haven't we got some). Injuries?.....who gives a shiit!

@Turbo1 mate, don't troll long term posters bud. You'll become as irrelevant as @Blue pill and you don't want to come across like that oxygen thief.

You're much better and add so much more value than that.

Would go with definitely
jake and tom trbojevic
Winterstein
Uate
Tom Wright
Parcell
Walker
Koroisau
Brad Parker
Williame
Bainbridge
plus more
Should be a pretty well rounded side and should go far. Am looking at one better than last time and to quarters or even semis.

Think we should throw in Williame, Wright, Brown, Myles and some other ones who wouldn't affect us due to injury. Let the warriors use up all their stars, we can just look on and enjoy the only stressless rugby league games until the next auckland nines
Myles in the Auckland 9s your got to be kidding by the time it takes him to get out to the middle it will be half time.

On a serious note does anyone know the 'actual' positions. Guessing:

Dummy 1/2
2 X wingers
2 X halves
2 X centres
2 X forwards

Is that right?

If we wanted to win, but be careful with injuries:

Dummy 1/2: Api Koroisou
2 X wingers: Brad Parker / Omar Slaimankhel
2 X halves: Blake Green / Peta Godinet
2 X centres: Matthew Wright / Brayden Wiliame
2 X forwards: Frank Winterstein / Brenton Lawrence (match fitness)

Bench: Addin Fanua-Blake, Nate Myles (covers the marquee player), Curtis Sironen (if acquired) and maybe Lewis Brown.

Dummy 1/2
2 X wingers
2 X halves
2 X centres
2 X forwards

Is that right?

Bench: Addin Fanua-Blake, Nate Myles (covers the marquee player), Curtis Sironen (if acquired) and maybe Lewis Brown.

I think there is also a 'star player' quota? So you can't send a complete 2nd string team as much as that would be the best regarding injuries..

Dummy 1/2
2 X wingers
2 X halves
2 X centres
2 X forwards

Is that right?

Yep.

1-Fullback
2-Right wing
3-Right centre
4-Left centre and 5/8
5-Left wing and 1/2 back
6-Prop/second row
7-Hooker
8-Prop/second row
9-Lock/Hooker

Last edited:
The way the games play out there seems only 3 rules positionally
2 wingers stay wide
1 scheming playmaker
Dummy half
The other 5 players tend to move around and rarely stay in position.
Personally enjoy the tournament and used to love the 7's...especially the red hot side that had Cliffy, Kosef and Terry Hill.

Send all our Wright bros across there and a Hoppa or 2. Is Johnny Walker still around? If so he can add something to the post match drinks.

The injury list from this tournament is usually pretty long, for that reason I hate the bloody thing.

There's way to much footy played at present, long seasons , rep games AND this!!

Sorry but I think it's a waste of time!

Coach Barrett at last year's Nine's:
”You have to come but there’s a reason why you don’t bring your Daly Cherry-Evans’ and Brett Stewarts’ because you can’t afford too.

“It’s dangerous and it’s risky with the back-up factor, the fatigue factor and we’re down to 13 players and the crazy thing is we’ve got another bloke sitting there in Dylan Kelly and he’s not allowed to play.”
Link:http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/2/auckland-nines-injury-list/

Would go with definitely
jake and tom trbojevic
Winterstein
Uate
Tom Wright
Parcell
Walker
Koroisau
Brad Parker
Williame
Bainbridge
plus more
Should be a pretty well rounded side and should go far. Am looking at one better than last time and to quarters or even semis.

Good side but I would not be risking Tom and Jake so early. Instead send in Jamil Hopoate and Cullen

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6