Attn: "Snakes alive" sign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
I was just watching the highlights of the last Origin game, just noticed that Annelise's "Snakes Alive" sign made it to Origin. Was the letters blue? Awesome to see a Brookie landmark make it to an Origin game! No one else bring's their Manly signs such as the "There is only one choco watmough"? sign.

And how was the game? What did you do when Snake scored twice? Met any other Manly fans in your bay?

YAYYY people noticed it! Yes I remade it in blue just for last night.

I went to both game II and III last year and loved it but last night was something magical.

I LITERALLY CRIED when Snake scored his first try. Just ask my boyfriend and best friends. Not just because he scored or that he won me $55 (but for someone unemployed it helps so thanks mate!) but that try was 3 years in the making and my best friend yelled at me "HIS SOUL IS CLEANSED" and I couldn't help but laugh and then cry more.

Had a couple of confused people around me asking who Snake was but completed understood after I explained who it was. And after full time and the victory lap, an old bloke who had been filming with his video camera a lot of the night, asked me if i was a Manly fan then shook my hand and said 'good work mate'

I also noticed that Brett saw myself and the banner when he was walking back for the kick off after the NSW penalty that sent Cronk off for 10 mins and smiled at me. I got highly excited :D

Overall an epic night and bring on Brookie on Monday!!

I really do find these stories of fan/player connection heartening.

Even if I cant ever thank the Stewarts in person for the enjoyment they have given me over the years im pleased there are such specially knitted relationships inside the fabric of the club.

OK thats a bit corny but you get the idea right.

Had my Manly scarf on, so had quite a few people pull me up before, during and after the game, both to shake my hand and give me ****. It was good to have a banter with people on a night when we came together as one.

Jatz Crackers said:
I really do find these stories of fan/player connection heartening.

Even if I cant ever thank the Stewarts in person for the enjoyment they have given me over the years im pleased there are such specially knitted relationships inside the fabric of the club.

OK thats a bit corny but you get the idea right.

Nothing corny about those sentiments Jatz. The bond between the Manly players & supporters is what makes MWSE such a great footy club! With the Stewart brothers in particular we have been behind them during the low periods and not just celebrated the high moments.

Great stuff "Snakes".....it was almost the only banner flying on the night and right in the middle of the Batchy's Blues group so it stuck out like "dogs balls", I saw it at least 3 or 4 times and am sure they zoomed in on it when Snakie scored.

Great to see the girls on here as well (and I know we have a few), and especially the young ones as they are the future of our great supporter base.

It was wonderful to have Snakes and her mate Ruby Precious with us in Brisbane back in May...I know she loved the experience and will be back!!

Great stuff all round!!

On a side note, saw a bloke at the gym last night with his no one likes us we don't care t shirt on. Good to see!

manlyforever08 said:
YAYYY people noticed it! Yes I remade it in blue just for last night.

I went to both game II and III last year and loved it but last night was something magical.

I LITERALLY CRIED when Snake scored his first try. Just ask my boyfriend and best friends. Not just because he scored or that he won me $55 (but for someone unemployed it helps so thanks mate!) but that try was 3 years in the making and my best friend yelled at me "HIS SOUL IS CLEANSED" and I couldn't help but laugh and then cry more.

Had a couple of confused people around me asking who Snake was but completed understood after I explained who it was. And after full time and the victory lap, an old bloke who had been filming with his video camera a lot of the night, asked me if i was a Manly fan then shook my hand and said 'good work mate'

I also noticed that Brett saw myself and the banner when he was walking back for the kick off after the NSW penalty that sent Cronk off for 10 mins and smiled at me. I got highly excited :D

Overall an epic night and bring on Brookie on Monday!!

Awesome, kinda wished I was there. What happened when he scored that second

try? Anyway, see you this Monday night, will the sign still be blue?

Awesome work Annelise, Im sure Brett would have felt great when he saw your banner.
Also, did anybody else notice how both Stewarts and Choc were 3 of the first players to come over to the fence and celebrate with the fans? It took the rest of the team a little while to jump the advertising and join in.

Great work with the sign. They showed it on the telly a couple of times and it looked awesome. Really wanted Snake to score at least one try and bonus, he got two. Loved it. Gifty had a great game too. I think he took angry pills. He was fired up.

When Brett score his 2nd try, I thought to myself

1. How blessed are we to be Manly Supporters
2. We need more manly players in the squad if we are to wrest the title from Qld
3. Brett is truly back to his best after a few tumultuous years.

That was a great idea to take a maroon Brookie icon sign & turn it blue!

Just on Snake I heard John Stanley on 2ue this morning say there is in today's Herald in the Good Weekend a big positive feature on Snake & getting through the horror period of his life etc. Can't find a link on line so might have to go out and buy it.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Allen's should sponsor your signs

at first glance I read "Aliens should sponsor your sign".... I thought WTF??? ahhh Allens..:D first impressions....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4