Attitude

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I’m genuinely concerned about our attitude right now.

For years I laughed at Souffs fans. Both their fans and particularly their players would talk themselves up every year only to fail miserably. All the while Manly fans and their players were all about letting the performances do the talking. I remember reading Souffs fans posts on the Telecrap when they played us with players suspended or injured gloating that they now have a chance of beating us. This year, I’ve heard none of that from Souffs and their fans.

What I have heard is a lot of is Manly fans and now players talking us up. Since Souffs played last weekend I’ve read plenty about how glad fans are that Inglis won’t be playing us……..what’s going on here? :huh:

You must not be listening to the Souffs fans I've heard who are calling radio stations declaring that "this will be our year".

I think you're worried about something you can't control. I also think you're confusing belief with gloating.

If players talk about a belief they have then that's fine. When they start talking like they deserve to be there and teams like souths and the titans will be a piece of cake, then i'll be worried.

Atm i think you're off the mark, Ralphie.

Unless it's shooter Lauryn Mark. Then you should definately stay on.

Stevo said:
I think you're worried about something you can't control. I also think you're confusing belief with gloating.

If players talk about a belief they have then that's fine. When they start talking like they deserve to be there and teams like souths and the titans will be a piece of cake, then i'll be worried.

Fair comments, but I can honestly say I cannot recall us talking ourselves up like we have been. I do worry about the underlying attitude of the team ATM. I do agree that we have the squad to do it, but their head space has not been good for big parts of this year.

I think that the attitude of the whole squad would be transformed if Brett was resigned.

Ralphie said:
Stevo said:

Fair comments, but I can honestly say I cannot recall us talking ourselves up like we have been. I do worry about the underlying attitude of the team ATM. I do agree that we have the squad to do it, but their head space has not been good for big parts of this year.

I think that the attitude of the whole squad would be transformed if Brett was resigned.

I think its the Toovey era

Ralphie said:
Stevo said:

I think its the Toovey era of media friendliness

Ralphie said:
Stevo said:

I think its the Toovey era

Ralphie said:
Stevo said:

I think its the Toovey era of media friendliness

I don't see us as talking ourselves up at all really.

What happens is, for example there was an article a few weeks ago where they spun it into DCE declaring us going back to back or something like tha.
They would ask him a question along the lines of "Do you think you can go back to back" and he would come back with an answer something like "yeah, if we get our full squad on the park we have a good chance" and that gets spun into him declaring us etc

I don't see us as talking ourselves up at all really.

What happens is, for example there was an article a few weeks ago where they spun it into DCE declaring us going back to back or something like tha.
They would ask him a question along the lines of "Do you think you can go back to back" and he would come back with an answer something like "yeah, if we get our full squad on the park we have a good chance" and that gets spun into him declaring us etc

A mix of loaded questions and different approach

How many people were critical of the under the radar approach we used to take?

Stevo said:

Bikini clad stunner with a Beretta,don't get much better than that.
Looking forward to watching our Aussie shooters,best of luck to the trap team.

As for us being cocky?
Not at all,we've got the team to do it and chances are we still could win it.

Stevo said:

Bikini clad stunner with a Beretta,don't get much better than that.
Looking forward to watching our Aussie shooters,best of luck to the trap team.

As for us being cocky?
Not at all,we've got the team to do it and chances are we still could win it.

I think the confidence shown is deserved & if you look at where the punters have us, the favourites tag is well & truly gone.
I hate cocky attitudes but the fact players feel confident, is on the back of the past 5 years where at full strength we can more than match ANY team in the NRL, so they have earned that right.
The fact is theres no need to pretend anymore, I personally find this under the radar stuff predictable & boring.
All I can see is a quiet confidence being jumped on & sensationalised in the media, & get this Ralphie - if we stay healthy I am extremely confident of B2B in 2012!! :p

I think the confidence shown is deserved & if you look at where the punters have us, the favourites tag is well & truly gone.
I hate cocky attitudes but the fact players feel confident, is on the back of the past 5 years where at full strength we can more than match ANY team in the NRL, so they have earned that right.
The fact is theres no need to pretend anymore, I personally find this under the radar stuff predictable & boring.
All I can see is a quiet confidence being jumped on & sensationalised in the media, & get this Ralphie - if we stay healthy I am extremely confident of B2B in 2012!! :p

MK Eagle said:

We continue to have an attitude problem, the 2nd half proves that. The Wests Tigers have a long history of talking themselves up and then falling behind by a big margin, to then switch on and play "catch up footy." when it sticks they get out of gaol, but they won't win the comp with that sort of attitude.

MK Eagle said:

We continue to have an attitude problem, the 2nd half proves that. The Wests Tigers have a long history of talking themselves up and then falling behind by a big margin, to then switch on and play "catch up footy." when it sticks they get out of gaol, but they won't win the comp with that sort of attitude.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2