Attention Tippers - Last Fan Standing Competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
“Earnie The Eagle” Last Fan Standing Comp

This is information for all our members that have registered and paid to participate in the Silvertails tipping competition. We will shortly be kicking off the second part of our tipping competition, which is the Last Fan Standing competition

We have decided to name the competition in honour of Earnie The Eagle. Earnie was a wonderful Silvertails member that sadly passed away earlier this year, and some generous benefactors have helped sponsor our prize for this competition as a tribute to him. (you can read a bit more about Earnie here "Earnie Thread" )

First things first, what’s the booty ?

We have a great prize on offer for the Last Fan Standing, a retro 1987 Wormald Jersey signed by the great Cliffy Lyons. 1987 was a premiership year for the mighty Sea Eagles and Cliffy was man of the match in the Grand Final against the Raiders that year. Cliffy needs no introduction to any Manly fan, suffice to say he is a true club legend, holds the record for most games for Manly (309) and was an outright freak of a player. This is an awesome prize that would look great in any pool room.

Who’s eligible to play ??

All those Silvertails members who joined the Jan Davis tipping competition AND paid their entry fee are eligible to participate in the Last Fan Standing comp. You will know that you are eligible if you have the gold Silvertails logo next to your user name. We are still accepting entries and payments for the tipping comp up until round 10, so if you haven’t joined the main tipping comp yet but want to have a crack at the Last Fan Standing then sign up and pay. You’ll also go into the mix for the lucky tipper prize draw at the end of the season.

How do you win it ?

Well as the name suggests you just have to be the Last Fan Standing and outlast every other tipper. Basic rules are as follows

* Pick one team each round that you think will win. If that team wins you stay standing, if they lose you are out.
* You cannot pick the same team in consecutive rounds.
* You cannot choose Monday night games (mainly to give us more time to sort out results between rounds)
* As the competition progresses we reserve the right to limit the choice of games even further
* We also may need to apply further restrictions in order to determine an outright winner. This will depend on how quickly the elimination progresses.

We are still working out how we will administer the competition as it is unlikely we will have code written to incorporate it into the existing tipping comp as an automated process. It will more than likely require tippers to post their choices each week in an ongoing thread, which will be locked before the weekend’s games commence. If you fail to lodge a tip then you will be automatically eliminated. There will be no way of choosing games ahead of time so it will be your responsibility to lodge a choice each week in accordance with the rules.

This thread is to prepare tippers and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions, and also to give everyone fair warning that the comp will be commencing shortly. We are aiming to kick off in Round 10 at this stage. So fire away if you have any queries.

Love the fact that it is named after a truly wonderful Eagles Family Member. Good onya Earnie.

Love the prize. How good is that!! An authentic signed Cliffy jumper. AWESOME!!

Great job C&C and sponsors.

As current defending tipping champion, it is quite obvious I peaked 12 months too early. :mad:

story of my life

Great work to all involved in this. Thanks for the hard work and time done. Nice touch to name it after Earnie.

As much as I would love to win this prize I am ommiting myself from the last man standing competition. I want you guys to win it and I want full transparency.

I try and get code completed but its unlikely. If I get time this week I may get lucky in that regard though and get it all set

Daniel said:
As much as I would love to win this prize I am ommiting myself from the last man standing competition. I want you guys to win it and I want full transparency.

I try and get code completed but its unlikely. If I get time this week I may get lucky in that regard though and get it all set

I have seen where you are on the table Dan. I think I speak for everybody when I say that we are quite comfortable in you entering this comp. :D

Great idea.
Great tribute to Earnie.
Great prize.
I have no problem whatsoever with Dan participating.

I have no problem whatsoever with Dan participating.

Either do I....and I can assure you I will be participating with vigour. I want that signed jersey to wear to this year's Grand Final.

Would love to join the last man standing.
Is it ok to pay the entry fee and just take part in the last man standing.

CamSmith said:

Absolutely. You will also be automatically entered in the lucky tipper prize draw at the end of the season as well if you pay up. We've had a few posters who have paid the entry fee as a way of donation and not participated in the tipping comp. Anyone who gets the gold Silvertails logo is eligible to participate.

You have to "sign up" to the tipping comp to register and pay, but you don't have to enter any tips.

Chip and Chase said:
CamSmith said:

Absolutely. You will also be automatically entered in the lucky tipper prize draw at the end of the season as well if you pay up. We've had a few posters who have paid the entry fee as a way of donation and not participated in the tipping comp. Anyone who gets the gold Silvertails logo is eligible to participate.

You have to "sign up" to the tipping comp to register and pay, but you don't have to enter any tips.

Cheers mate ill do it during the week

Great idea, great prize & great to be a part of!

Thanks for organising! :)

I also believe that Earnie's sense of humour would mean he'd love the perceived irony at having a 'last fan standing' comp named in his honour!!

edit: Maybe it's just me. :blush:

(Boys don't worry about coding, just use an excel spreadsheet. no wukkas!)

I tipped Parra to win this week. Do I get a prize for that?:p I totally suck at this tipping comp and it might have something to do with my carefully planned theory of picking the teams least likely to win.
At least I'm helping fellow tippers.

Good work Nicci you rock.
When I am that far down the ladder that I can't win the comp, I'm gonna start picking the teams I'd go for over the teams I think will win. For example, whoever the Dogs are playing & whoever the Storm are playing.
After a quick galnce at the table, I may as well start that theory this week. :s

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6