1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention Football clubs members

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Cameron, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    If you are a football club member and post at silvertails and like many of us you are livid at the treatment of our former CEO and want HONEST answers from the Football club representives on the Seaeagles board

please email me
    seaeagle06@hotmail.com

it may be too late for grant mayer but there has to be consquences for what has transpired over the last 6 months.

2. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    thanks guys emails are comin thru
    im lookin for 1 or 2 people to physically collect the signitures of the people who have emailed

3. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is it too late to join the football club - I am not having this.

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Not too late but it takes 2 years before you qualify to have voting rights. The idea is (rightly) to stop a sudden infusion of being able to impact on the direction of the club.

5. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Thanks too many people who have emailed me and want answers
    I will be sending an email out tonight to everyone outlining whats happening next.

It maybe too late for grant but its not too late to stop this from happening again.

We put these people in power at the end of the day they answer to us the members.

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    CW I have heard this from several people but have looked at the constitution and can find nothing about a 2 year qualification period. Have I still got an old copy maybe?

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    Not sure if you have an old or a new BUT there's a 2 year clause where you don't get voting rights!!!

As CW said it's to stop "branch stacking"....and this would be a prefect example of that...where 500 people might join up, call and EGM, roll the board and install 2 members of their own on the Sea Eagles Ltd board.

8. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Theres actually no such thing as an EGM
    Its called a General Meeting Called by the members  :)

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I am not saying it is not a good idea, I am saying the consititution clearly gives financial members over age 18 the right to vote.
    Anyone know more about this aspect? It seems kind of fundamental somehow.

10. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    You have an old copy SES, there was a change to the constitution a couple of years ago (I think) which was agreed to make there a 2 year wait for voting rights (This used to be case many years ago)
    I voted yes to the amendment purely and simply to avoid someone signing up a thousand members (grand cost of $25,000) and then usurping the clubs preference vote for their own ends.

11. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Thanks for that info, I thought that must be what happened.

12. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    is the copy u got a recent one vidmar?

13. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Nope sorry Cliffy, It doesn't have the changes re voting rights in it and as I've not needed to use it haven't gotten around to getting an updated copy.
    Send Phil Deans or Bob Reilly an email via the Leagues Club and as a financial member you will be entitled to get an updated copy sent to you mate?
    Cheers
    Vid

14. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Answer me how you can stop "this" from happening again?

15. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Answer me how you can stop "this" from happening again?
    [/quote]
    well byso as a voting member of the FC means i get some say in wat goes on.
    I get a vote every year at the election. So by getting a number of voters together our voice is louder and we have a bit more power with the value of our collective votes.

16. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Yeah, but if the majority of board members want to vote out a CEO that is clearly biased to one owner he'll get kicked out again and there will still be nothing the members can do about it except wait for another vote.

17. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I agree Byso.  Let the current board get on with whatever they are meant to do.  Let them chose a CEO acceptable to both factions.  We are on the up and up and a win on Sunday should see us in the eight.  Get back to the footie boys.

18. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Close but not quite correct. Instead of simply wait for another vote we could get ready for another vote. Subtle difference!

19. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I'm with you on that part, thank god its game day

20. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Close but not quite correct. Instead of simply wait for another vote we could get ready for another vote. Subtle difference!
    [/quote]

And rearrange the deck chairs with more of the same. As supporters we have no idea what really goes on and you would be Kidding yourselves deluxe if you think you do.

Do you seriously believe the board members don't want whats best for the club?