Attention Fluffy and Byso

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Maybe tonight enhanced your understanding of the difference between potential realised and an eternity of mediocre talent spent running around in concentric circles.

I refer of course to Orford and Messiahan respectively.

As it was all Monaghans fault when Orford was going bad coz of his pass, then alternatively it must have all been down to an improved pass from Monaghan last night :p

1 thing i found a bit weird. Orford was in top form pre rep season, got to City/Country and fell apart under the pressure of being a chance, then the very week after all that pressue is gone, and rep season is over, he gets right back to top form. He is a bit of an enigma in that regard

also coincides with a leg injury which , as you would have seen last night as he was back goal kicking, he seems to have overcome.

hey genius - i never said orford wasnt better than monas - i just said we will pay overs for what we get - so far im right

Guys - we won...lets give ALL the players, and each other a rest eh?

By the way - thought Monnas had an outstanding game. He was rewarded with a lot of game time. We seemed to hold our defensive and attacking structure more when he was on.

Monaghan, Williamson, Dunley all on at the same time was interesting. I think it showed as well, as we seemed to drop off in structure at the back end of the game.

hey genius - i never said orford wasnt better than monas - i just said we will pay overs for what we get - so far im right
We get better value out of our halfback than we get out of our hooker.

The only positive about our hooker is his defence. Everything else puts him outside the top 10 of hookers in this competition - even though he is the highest priced.

All those players you mentioned are not playing better than Monas and some arnt even playing Hooker.

I give up on arguing the Monaghan issue. If you fools can put up with his one dimensional passing and crowding of players, so be it.

The only positives he brings are enthusiasm and defence but they're not enough to make up for the poor service and woeful kicks he is prone to give.

Carry on.

PJ Marsh and Fien have both played origin. Riddell has played City.

Young, Wing and Berrigan are often used at hooker for their clubs.

Regardless - on your own admission Monaghan is 7th, but he's the highest paid in that list.

Orford might be the 4th best halfback but he's also the 4th best paid.

Next.

Finch played Origin!

I'm not trying to argue against you, as (in terms of service from dummy-half), Monaghan doesn't rate up there with the best hookers, but the Origin point isn't a valid arguement in some cases. I would rate Monas ahead of Marsh and thereabouts with Fien (again, in terms of service. He's a better defender and general play kicker)

buderus - Full time Hooker
Priddis - Full time Hooker
Smith - Full time Hooker
Payne - Full time Hooker
PJ Marsh - Full time interchange Hooker
Riddell - Full Time Hooker
Young - Full time Hooker
Wing - Known as best interchange Hooker in game
Woolford - Full time Hooker
Berrigan - Currently playing Hooker
Fien - Currently playing Hooker
Farrah - Full time Hooker

Put it this way guys - if any of the above players were signed for us in 07 for say $150k $200k next year in place of Monaghan, which players would you not choose over him?

I personally would take ANY of those Hookers in front of Monaghan. To that end, even teams second tier Hookers are up there with Monnas:-

Gattis
That new gun Hooker for Penrith

etc etc....

I can see what your saying Mata.

your a bit sheepish Ryan.

Anyway.. in regards to Monas.. why must you guys bash him when he plays well? He had a great game and i guess since Orford played well Monas must of had a blinder... or is it only when Orford plays bad that Monas plays bad...

His defence was awesome. saved a nice grubber with good hands to pick it up. Praise the bloke.. who cares what hes on.. its our fault for paying him.. dont punish him for it.

hahaha, I've told you many times that I never said Monas was better than The Ox. But it's good you bring these threads out after he's had a top game. Which is twice now I believe :)

What happened to this thread over the 3 previous games. Anyhow didn't Monas win MOM against the Roosters at Aussie stadium last year? ;)

Anyway.. in regards to Monas.. why must you guys bash him when he plays well? He had a great game and i guess since Orford played well Monas must of had a blinder... or is it only when Orford plays bad that Monas plays bad...

His defence was awesome. saved a nice grubber with good hands to pick it up. Praise the bloke.. who cares what hes on.. its our fault for paying him.. dont punish him for it.

I think the point is consistency people. If Monaghan was consistently good, we'd all be happy as Larry.

[quote author=KaZa]

I think the point is consistency people. If Monaghan was consistently good, we'd all be happy as Larry.
[/quote]

No. The one thing you can say about Monaghan is that he gives his 110% every game.

My point is that his 110% is 40% of a Buderus and our attack suffers because of it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6