1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atmosphere at Brookvale

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Whilst there were some good moments in todays game the atmosphere seem more subdued than it has.

It may well be that the game was virtually over after 20 mins and that there was a sense of inevitability about the result.

Great to hear the slow Manly chant at various times though and also the 'Top of the Table' chant that went around at the end!!!

2. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Beaver chants going hard still. Even when he did nothing lol

Its great stuff. But yeah crowd was dead. Even i who am usually pretty vocal i just couldnt be bothered as there was no real celebration after the 4th try. I was like yeah.. lol

3. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    I would agree that the atmosphere was not as intense as it has been in the past few games.

However after 20 minutes the result was never really in doubt & for me the only real interest in the match was to see if we could score 50 points.

4. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    exactly right Pete. I got into the chant we want 50 though! !dance:

5. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Was a bit of an anti climax for much of the time. Seems as if the players were responding to the chants too.