At What Point is DCE's Contract Justifiable?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Without a decent 5/8 and a hooker giving decent ball teams just rush up on dce. And you can see he has been running side to side like a headless chook trying to do everything.

Look at when we won premierships. We had ballin you had been there for years, foran and choc and matai on one side then dce glen stewert and snake at his peak as well as jamie on the other!!

Cows have thurston but also a very creative hooker, morgan and at the back coote another ball player!

Today panthers have a very solid underated hooker in walsh steering them around, organiser in cleary, x factor in cartright plus moylan at the back is another brilliant ball playing option as is peachy.

Dce needs more creative help around him and players playing in there preferred positions and healthy.

Having wright at 5/8 and williame and brown in the centers is useless

Peter Wallace is the hooker and there is a lot of Tooves about his move and style there

Absolute madness to sign up any player for that length of contract. DCE is playing no where near what he did in 11/14 seasons. This contract shows how desperate we were to reward a player who decided to take the coin elsewhere. 2017 is a make or break year for DCE!!

Absolute madness to sign up any player for that length of contract. DCE is playing no where near what he did in 11/14 seasons. This contract shows how desperate we were to reward a player who decided to take the coin elsewhere. 2017 is a make or break year for DCE!!

..and what happens if he has a shocker year ???

He plays great, he gets no pats on the back because "for 10 million he'd wanna be playing great"
he plays S*#thouse , the knives are out...
Hows next year make or break? he has a contract, and unless he pulls a foran and walks away ,im pretty sure manly wont be paying him 8 million to walk away early some how

I'm not as negative about DCE as many because I think he is one of the most important players we have. Sure we could have got Sezer, Taylor, Brooks etc etc but we didnt. They didnt want to come here. We were damned lucky to get DCE back because what were the options, Hynes? Api perhaps?

DCE is not Thurston. He's not Cronk. They are champion players. Thurston I believe is destined to be an immortal. DCE is not as good as they are...well not yet maybe. He has his faults, but it wasnt DCE that caused us problems this year.

Being the one major attacking player consistently in the backline, other teams saw that he was targeted. Get DCE no doubt was the call, and you've half beaten Manly. Only when he had an aging Lyon playing alongside him at 5/8 did we begin to see what DCE can do. But for half the season he had Walker, an outstanding centre, a hopeless 5/8. Then Lyon was injured for much of the remaining time, meaning it was Wilame, or Api or some other makeshift.

No wonder we ddnt see the best of DCE this year. Other teams didnt have to worry about the rest of the back line other than an aging Lyon and TT on one leg. I suspect we'll see a much better example of what DCE can do next year, as long as that 5/8 position is handled by a real 5/8

I'm not as negative about DCE as many because I think he is one of the most important players we have. Sure we could have got Sezer, Taylor, Brooks etc etc but we didnt. They didnt want to come here. We were damned lucky to get DCE back because what were the options, Hynes? Api perhaps?

DCE is not Thurston. He's not Cronk. They are champion players. Thurston I believe is destined to be an immortal. DCE is not as good as they are...well not yet maybe. He has his faults, but it wasnt DCE that caused us problems this year.

Being the one major attacking player consistently in the backline, other teams saw that he was targeted. Get DCE no doubt was the call, and you've half beaten Manly. Only when he had an aging Lyon playing alongside him at 5/8 did we begin to see what DCE can do. But for half the season he had Walker, an outstanding centre, a hopeless 5/8. Then Lyon was injured for much of the remaining time, meaning it was Wilame, or Api or some other makeshift.

No wonder we ddnt see the best of DCE this year. Other teams didnt have to worry about the rest of the back line other than an aging Lyon and TT on one leg. I suspect we'll see a much better example of what DCE can do next year, as long as that 5/8 position is handled by a real 5/8

That's the key signing , any others will be of great benefit but without a reasonable 5/8 all we will get in 2017, is a repeat of 2016.

Oh sure a great edge forward, a top line centre , a world class winger would be fantastic BUT with just one playmaker in the middle we will be beaten more times than we win.

That's they key, a second play maker, a reasonable run on injuries and we will go from 13th to probably 7th or 8th just like that.

You have to be top 4 for a real shot, but nevertheless and improvement on what has been a dismal 2016.

I am not too worried about his form.

I am much more concerned about the fact he has played behind the worst two packs, 2015 and 2016 Manly has put on the field in 15 years.

He probably has the best defense of any halfback in the game (including Cronk and Thurston) so that already puts him in the top echelon.
I think his attacking game is suffering because he lost both Foran and Ballin in one season. In hindsight we should have kept Ballin (who we'd just re signed) and bought in Parcell as his understudy.

What a blistering bubbling boil of bull**** this thread is

I like how people expect a half to play well with no platform to work off,he's had to work behind pillows like Starling and deal with his best prop being missing for the past 2 years and his number 1 fullback lying around doing nothing,plus being easily the most pathetic player of the year

Yes Snake was absolutely pathetic even when he turned up,injury had him replaced by a rank amateur with a quarter of the talent Snake used to have,can't catch can't tackle but let's put him in a blue jersey lol

Money seems to breed jealousy,Kapow has had the same bull**** written about him

What's it been a mill on a half whose failed to fire behind a pathetic pack with Starling,700k on a bench warmer who was better for us on the bench than he's been on the field this year,a hooker who can't pass and a 5/8 who can't play 5/8 bought on big coin

The bloke never gave up and tackled his heart out because he was the only playmaker we had who could make a difference and the blokes next to him didn't protect him in the slightest,partly because he didn't require it but mostly because they were ****,also don't get me started on the pissant coach

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4