Assessment of Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Napper said:
Considering how s**t hit the fan after the GF last year, poor schedule at the start of 2012, no home game for 5 weeks, "boardroom" bull**** and the media death riding the club, injury and suspension headaches and contract issues

We're running 5th at the moment.

Surely noone can fault the guy. 9/10 so far.

This!

Tooves has done well with basically understrength teams all year. We have won more than we've lost, always with 4,5 or six big names out.

The loses against the likes of Parra, Penrith Coast can be laid at the players feet for being complacent.

Good things to come after the Origin series is over an we get players back on deck from injury/suspension.

Ralphie said:
Ryan said:
I know this may sound novel to a number of you, but in a thread entitled "Assessment of Toovey" asking for peoples opinion's of Toovey, there may (shock and horror) be some sentiment that differs to yours.

THIS......

This is what frustrates me most about this Forum. Many posters here seem unable to accept that others have a different opinion to them and instead of debating the merits if the arguments they simply resort to childish personal attacks.

redArrow.gif

This

Ralphie said:
I wonder when the Moderaters are going to start actually enforcing the Forum rules.

I remember and much prefer the days when this forum used to be basically self moderating without the moderators having to put the foot down or "wield the big stick". People knew what was right and what was wrong in terms of posting and as someone else has already stated, they would agree to disagree when opinions differed. Sadly, those days are long gone and the forum regularly turns into a ****fight with people getting personal when those opinions differ. Posts and threads are now either having to be edited or deleted and warnings and bannings given which also never used to have to be done. Outsiders used to be welcomed here but now they are attacked. It never used to matter who you used to support. If you now supported Manly well, that was even better. In fact, it was great and you were welcomed into the fold.

Anyway, to answer your question though Ralphie, if the moderators ever actually did start enforcing the forum rules to the letter of the law, then there wouldn't be many people here left to post as most would end up on the ban list for their constant flaunting of the rules that are stated in the Silvertails Terms and Conditions and Forum Terms of Service.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I think the mods do a pretty fair job and I wouldn't want to be one for all the tea in China.

Personally I'd love to see the clearly antagonistic "other teams" (especially the Dog$) supporters f***ed off BUT I understand this is a football forum and not just a Manly forum, so if they don't break the rules we have to live with them.

And of course we always have the "Ignore button"

The only thing that bugs me is if a Manly supporter were to troll another clubs forum they would get banned pretty much right away, the Mods can clearly see when people are there to stir ****. Yet on Silvertails it seems opposition fans are free to troll the crap out of the place with zero consequence. Personally i don't care i just use the ignore button but i can see why some Manly supporters get frustrated.

torana355 said:
Yet on Silvertails it seems opposition fans are free to troll the crap out of the place with zero consequence.

That isn't so torana. There have been dozens of trolls who have been permanently banned from this site. As mods we aren't on here 24 hrs a day and can only catch up with objectionable rubbish when we are. Ignore is one option and the other is to use the 'Report' button. I'm in the camp of not particularly liking posters from other clubs as I don't think it adds value, but about half of the Manly fans here want their comments. So I have to live with it and keep an open mind on whether they have stepped over the line. Cheers.

Backing up from a premiership year means top 8 is just a pass at 5/10 so being 5th, halfway up the 8 ill go with 7.5/10

Defence looked worse than what it was in my opinion early due to injuries/suspensions and we are now going very similar to last year.

With the premiers curse (everyone wants to beat you) im happy with our progression.

When he has ALL his top 17 on the paddock at once and we are playing semi final football, Ill get back to you then.

But still, especially when you go to the matches, and you see the body language of the players, (that you dont see on TV), they have at times looked quite complacent - esp against the lower ranked sides and esp in the first half of those matches.

This complacency has been a factor in causing us the 2 points a few times.
If it weren't for this factor, 2V would be an easy 8.5/10. He could have anticipated their complacency a little more and worked against it a tad more. Maybe their defence could be better drilled.

Clearly as shown by the re-signings, they respect him.

I think it will all gradually gel, complacency will fade as they get to the business end of the season, and just in time for the finals. So BtoB is a strong possibility.

I love Toovs.

He is Manly 100%.
He's going really well with a spare parts manly team for the 1st half of the year.....8/13 is not too bad.

The only worry I have is our for and against is nowhere near the standard of 2011.....

If we can improve on our defence and put some decent points on the opposition, we will look more like the real deal this year.

I think the best F & A this year is 30-0 against the panthers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4