Assessment of Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
Lovefooty i do not get that from Ryan

Agenda's aside what he is saying that we ar a quality team that really are where we should be (if not a touch higher)

The team is one of manlys best i know but they have great respect for 2v, more so than Des. If this was not the case a few would of left to join him in bulldog country.
Ryan cant move on past tovey being picked over Jason Taylor for the caption of the northern eagles. Move on mate.

Des wouldn't have us in the 8 with these injuries, he took forever to win a game without snake and never won a comp without him

The only way I can judge how we are going is to compare the current season with our 2009 one. Just as in 2009 we are coming off a premiership winning season. Both off-season's came directly from hell although I feel that what happened after winning last year's grand final was worse. We are still going through the rubbish to some extent, particularly our attempts to retain the bulk of our squad.

I think we are going well when you consider all that. Two thumbs up for Tooves from me.

The Eagle said:
Des wouldn't have us in the 8 with these injuries, he took forever to win a game without snake and never won a comp without him

That is a ridiculous statement. Look at the side of 05 on paper that Des had in the 8

Lovefooty i am not close enough to the team to make any judgements re respect for the coach etc

All I can see is that Manly players seem to be on good terms with Des (witnessed by after the game) and it is too early to judge the impact / effectiveness of toovs

bones said:
lovefooty said:
Ryan cant move on past tovey being picked over Jason Taylor for the caption of the northern eagles. Move on mate.

PMSL.

You "pissed yourself laughing" at that comment? I'd love to be a comedian at a show you'd attend bones. Very easily pleased.

And a true sign of an inability to healthily debate a topic, is when someone falls back to the year 2000 theory/adage about being a Bears fan. A true and distinct lack of intellect in my book.

Each time someone suggests "Bear Boy, Bear this, Bear that" for mine, is akin to my 8 year old son arguing his case about something in the play-ground, with his other 8 year old buddies, because he can't healthily discuss a topic, and needs an out.

Next time (and historically) the quip is used going forward, the person is basically throwing their hand up, and suggesting, "hey, look at me, I'm a dimwit", so go for your life kiddies. You can debate the pro's and con's of what being a Bears fan means/meant with the kids in 3rd class.

Honestly, are these the intellectual levels people have stooped to? Wow.

Look Ryan is being a wanker about toovey however the bears are dead as is his support for them. He's a manly supporter now through and through he just has a few out there ideas that he needs to get over.

10 out 10for tooves.

Has had a lot of things he could have used for excuses , but has got on with the job and got us to where we are so far, and that will only improve.

He coaches like he played - no bull**** just get on with the job.

Ryan said:
bones said:
lovefooty said:

PMSL.

You "pissed yourself laughing" at that comment? I'd love to be a comedian at a show you'd attend bones. Very easily pleased.

And a true sign of an inability to healthily debate a topic, is when someone falls back to the year 2000 theory/adage about being a Bears fan. A true and distinct lack of intellect in my book.

Each time someone suggests "Bear Boy, Bear this, Bear that" for mine, is akin to my 8 year old son arguing his case about something in the play-ground, with his other 8 year old buddies, because he can't healthily discuss a topic, and needs an out.

Next time (and historically) the quip is used going forward, the person is basically throwing their hand up, and suggesting, "hey, look at me, I'm a dimwit", so go for your life kiddies. You can debate the pro's and con's of what being a Bears fan means/meant with the kids in 3rd class.

I was laughing more at how ridiculous it sounded, rather than because I thought there was any truth to it.

Kiwi Eagle said:
For all the criticism of the defence, we are still 5th in that area, room for improvement but it isn't abysmal

If you go by average points conceded than we actually rank 3rd in defence with only the Storm and Bulldogs in front of us. Ranking 3rd is sensational seeing as we've been ordinary at retaining possession and defending kicks this season.

Ryan is correct, Tooves has inherited this team and we should be where we are with our squad. From the outside he seems to be doing a good job, key players have re-signed despite them all apparently wanting to play under Des and with the injuries, suspensions etc I think he is doing a pretty good job. He is also great with the media, definite improvement there. I really hope he kicks on as he is a Manly legend and a good guy.

Really weird bullying/ganging up culture by a few posters here against Ryan.
I like reading Ryan's posts. They are often accurate to the point assessments. Why give the guy such stick?

I know this may sound novel to a number of you, but in a thread entitled "Assessment of Toovey" asking for peoples opinion's of Toovey, there may (shock and horror) be some sentiment that differs to yours.

I don't think I'm being a wanker in ANY regard in my thought's towards Toovey. The Eagle, lovefooty & most others on here loves Toovey, and what he has done for the club, and fair enough, I have no issue.

I always respected him as a football player. Nothing more, nothing less. In fact, I always have a soft spot for the little tacka's of the game for obvious reasons (Ox another - who I will always rate as one of our best).

bones said:
Ryan said:
bones said:
lovefooty said:

PMSL.

I was laughing more at how ridiculous it sounded, rather than because I thought there was any truth to it.

Also, the only paragraph in that I was replying to you was the 1st. The rest of the garb was directed generally (not at you in any way).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4