Assessment of concern about Junior teams at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crusher recruits who have made grade or come close (that I know of):

Ballin
Bani
Lyon
Wells
Mauro
Williams
Afamasanga

I think he means brought over as a 14-15-16 year old and has made grade.

Apart from Ballin and Bani, they had all played at least PL with another club.

Lyon and Afamasanga he bought with him from Parra - no doubt he has had Williams earmakred from there too. 

Wells was plucked from country ranks which is clearly a case of talent spotting.  Add Mortimer to that list too.

Not 100% of Mauro's history. 

Who recruited the stewart brothers, Cuthbo, Matai, Choc?

Perry, Hall, Afa, Bani are decent signings considering we didnt pay them allot
Jarrod Hargraves is and unkonw at this stage.

At the moment Lyon and Vaeliki i dont completly rate (Lyon too much money for Value)

Guys its  inevitable that we loose players and juniors to other clubs because with the salary cap and others more wealthier clubs willing to pay overs for some players.

On the note of Contracts with the recent debacle of trying to sign carney from the Raiders even though we failed to sign him we still managed to force the raiders to pay more than what they were willing to at first, eg they started with an offer of 300k for 3 seasons then it turned into 350K+ for 4.

For those interested, there are Live Updates being held in the Toyota Cup thread in the Lower Grade section of the forums.

Cheers.

deadlyeagle link said:
Who recruited the stewart brothers, Cuthbo, Matai, Choc?
  The Stewart boys were here pre-crusher, as was Watmough (who is a local junior anyway).  Cuthbo is a local junior so has hardly been recruited. 

Matabele link said:
Lyon and Afamasanga he bought with him from Parra - no doubt he has had Williams earmakred from there too. 

Wells was plucked from country ranks which is clearly a case of talent spotting.  Add Mortimer to that list too.

Not 100% of Mauro's history. 

Mauro is a local junior, has been in the system for a number of years. I don't think he can be counted as a Crusher-coup.

Wells/Mortimer....neither have really kicked on and become first graders let alone superstars.

Bani and Matai would be Crusher's biggest success stories at Manly so far.

Just on the people that Tookey mentioned as well, Dan Harrison is going gangbusters for the Doggies. He's not massive, but he's got an awesome workrate and does all the 1%'s.

Matai left NZ to go and play in the Qld Cup, whoever he went to was Manly's feeder club at the time, and had the opportunity to send a player or 2 down for a week to train with Manly, and in that week the powers that be decided to keep him at the club instead of sending him back

Ah, my mistake. I thought Crusher had something to do with bringing him down from Queensland - I'd forgotten he was with Manly's affiliated club up there....

Matabele link said:
Wells was plucked from country ranks which is clearly a case of talent spotting. 

Wells came from the Bulldogs!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6