Ask Lowie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Exactly Bradza-shipped out is what I am referring to.

Seeing as though the roster is going to be the same as this year, Menzies could and would play a great role on and off the field-while we figure out some of the younger guys.
Our best two prospects JWH and Tassi-have gone out the door.

I don't think we will ever truly value what beaver meant to the whole club in 08-for me there would be no premiership.

If blokes like Rodney, Gulavao, Cross and Rose can get a full time gig in our first grade squad-beaver would shoo it in.

I guess I feel strongly about this because he has indicated the desire to want to be part of things again. How could you say no to him!

i understand what your saying vidmar
however if we want him bad enough the cap shouldnt come in to it.

Surely there would be multiple businesses in the area who would jump at the marketing opportunity to have this Icon of the game assoicated to them thru legal 3rd party payments.

Cambo link said:
i understand what your saying vidmar
however if we want him bad enough the cap shouldnt come in to it.

Surely there would be multiple businesses in the area who would jump at the marketing opportunity to have this Icon of the game assoicated to them thru legal 3rd party payments.

You'd like to think we'd be able to do that.How come the dragqueens can get "bobblehead" dirt cheap for this year,but we can't get Beav for a year?And isn't "non-english" getting 3rd party payments from that business group up there?

This is only a guess but the 'Thoroughbreds' that plow money into keeping the Broncos on top are not replicated in the Manly area. We seem to have a very large number of smaller sponsors, but they seem to be all be snapped up as 'official' sponsors in order to dissipate losses from our NRL operation, rather than used for private sponsorships of marquee players. At this stage we just don't have the surfeit of big money backers. It would seem that is an area that needs to be worked on bigtime, how to do it is the question. I guess it is all about contacts at the big end of town...?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
This is only a guess but the 'Thoroughbreds' that plow money into keeping the Broncos on top are not replicated in the Manly area. We seem to have a very large number of smaller sponsors, but they seem to be all be snapped up as 'official' sponsors in order to dissipate losses from our NRL operation, rather than used for private sponsorships of marquee players. At this stage we just don't have the surfeit of big money backers. It would seem that is an area that needs to be worked on bigtime, how to do it is the question. I guess it is all about contacts at the big end of town...?

We do have our own version of the Thoroughbreds. They are called the One Eyed Eagles and as I understand it you have to kick in $10,000 per year at least to be a part of it.

Bradza link said:
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=185177.msg292275#msg292275 date=1283939253]
As much as we all love the Beaver I dont think it would be a forward step getting him back. We need to rebuild a team starting with the experience we already have plus youngsters coming up like Hoppa Whare Oldfield Foran DCE Buhrer Lussick Palau etc. Beaver should be remembered for his oustanding service culminating in 2008 40 nil.

Exactly. Move on people.
[/quote]

Get him back and at the same time someone go and belt Lockyer in the ribs again so that he cant catch his games record.

Heres a thought.  Why not sponsor individual players rather than the whole team.  I think the Pommy Soccer does that.

You have a major sponsor for the club on the front of the jumper and then each player has their own sponsor on the back.  That would then take some pressure off the Club and the Salary Cap.

Seaeagle63 link said:
Heres a thought.  Why not sponsor individual players rather than the whole team.  I think the Pommy Soccer does that.

You have a major sponsor for the club on the front of the jumper and then each player has their own sponsor on the back.  That would then take some pressure off the Club and the Salary Cap.
  Would still count under the salary cap, and pity the poor sponsor of Brett Stewart these past 2 years.

Seaeagle63 link said:

Already happens but the sponsor now sponsors the shirt number/position (rather than a named player) so that way if a player is injured (or suspended) they still get the exposure with the replacement.

It is drawn out at the season launch party.

When the team is read out on game day you will hear "Number Blah, Blah player, proudly sponsored by Blah de blah ltd"

vidmar link said:
When the team is read out on game day you will hear \"Number Blah, Blah player, proudly sponsored by Blah de blah ltd\"
  And everyone groans in despair.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4