Ask Lowie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
'Ask Lowie' is your chance to grill our CEO about any questions you may have!

If you have something you want to ask Lowie, please email us at [email protected]

Read below to see if your question has been answered!

Is the government or council doing something about doing Brookvale Oval up?
Ros
We’re still waiting on the results of the election to come through before we can say what the next stage of redevelopments to Brookie will be. The council held a work shop on Wednesday night where people from all aspects of the community came to talk about what they want to happen to Brookvale. A decision is yet to be made though.

Is there any chance of Manly playing a game in Perth. We only get a couple of pre season games and one regular season game with the same teams every year.
Warren
This is something we will consider in years to come. This is a marketing strategy that we have to ensure would be worthwhile for us.

Hey Lowie, die hard manly fan, want to know if Manly have any interest in Matt Orford?
Branden
No.

Early this year you went to Papua New Guinea to meet with the PNG Rugby Football League Board for a possibility of hosting a Manly home game in Port Moresby. What is the latest on that?
Stanley – die hard manly fan from PNG
Hi Stanley, I didn’t go there to speak to the Board, I went to see private entities that were keen to see a game played there. At this stage there is nothing penciled in but it is on the radar.

Are you able to give an injury update on season ending injuries to Brett, Wolfie and Shane. Are they expected to be available for pre-season training heading into 2011’s season opener?
JP from Brisbane
It’s too early to say but they will be continuing rehab and we’ll see how they’re feeling after the off season.

Are we looking at purchasing anybody new for next year?
Ercan
At this stage, no.

Hey Lowie, have you got big Hoppa training T-rex yet?
Beck
T-Rex has been training with the rest of the boys in the squad and is looking really good.

Have we got a new sponsor for next year or is there anything in the pipeline?
John
We’re still looking for a major sponsor for next season and are having discussions with many people. But if you know anybody who’s interested, please give us a call!

No signings for next year.  Great. 

Matt White rejected our offer and will stay at the Titans for another 2 years even though we ofered him more money. 

ask him why the hell they won't /Don't find the money to offer Beaver a contract do you really want to see him playing for another nrl club & I don't believe that we don't have any cap space left

tookey link said:
[quote author=susan link=topic=185177.msg292067#msg292067 date=1283898306]
they can have him.he is worse than his cat brother.

Who is his brother?
[/quote]

Um Brett

i think Mata might of sent a question in that didnt go to print.

Something along the lines of ASking him to resign i heard :p haha

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185177.msg292116#msg292116 date=1283911260]

Who is his brother?
[/quote]

Um Brett
[/quote]

I don't think so.

Matt White comes from Inverell and played with the knights junior grades while Brett White comes from Jindabyne and played his junior football in Cooma/Canberra area.  They are not related. 

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
ask him why the hell they won't /Don't find the money to offer Beaver a contract do you really want to see him playing for another nrl club & I don't believe that we don't have any cap space left

Not just about the cap BE (an this is not a dig at anyone in particular)

"The Sharks, with a turnover of $11 million, spend 37 per cent of income on player salaries, while the Broncos, with an income of $26 million, outlay only 15 per cent."

(Source http://www.smh.com.au/business/nrl-players-at-the-bottom-of-the-pile-20100309-pvrt.html)

I'm not sure what the turnover will be this year for the Sea Eagles but whilst we continue to have low attendances and apathy on taking up membership (key revenue streams for clubs) then I'm sure we'll constantly struggle to have the big dollars to attract and retain players top notch players?

As they say "It don't grow on trees"...

As much as we all love the Beaver I dont think it would be a forward step getting him back. We need to rebuild a team starting with the experience we already have plus youngsters coming up like Hoppa Whare Oldfield Foran DCE Buhrer Lussick Palau etc. Beaver should be remembered for his oustanding service culminating in 2008 40 nil.

tookey link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=185177.msg292119#msg292119 date=1283911471]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185177.msg292116#msg292116 date=1283911260]

Who is his brother?
[/quote]

Um Brett
[/quote]

I don't think so.

Matt White comes from Inverell and played with the knights junior grades while Brett White comes from Jindabyne and played his junior football in Cooma/Canberra area.  They are not related. 
[/quote]

Thanks Tookey I was only guessing going on surnames hence them um (thats the sound I make when I think). :)

mickqld link said:
As much as we all love the Beaver I dont think it would be a forward step getting him back. We need to rebuild a team starting with the experience we already have plus youngsters coming up like Hoppa Whare Oldfield Foran DCE Buhrer Lussick Palau etc. Beaver should be remembered for his oustanding service culminating in 2008 40 nil.

Exactly. Move on people.

Question: Is menzies a better player now than Williamson was in 2008?

Easy answer...If he wants to play LET HIM

He is a better proposition than some of the lazy pricks we have in the middle of the ruck this year.

quinny link said:
Question: Is menzies a better player now than Williamson was in 2008?

Easy answer...If he wants to play LET HIM

He is a better proposition than some of the lazy pricks we have in the middle of the ruck this year.

Yes he is quinny, but those lazy pricks need to be sorted out and whipped into shape or shipped out. I would love to see Beaver back out there but it's better to suffer (maybe) while you work towards a longer term solution. Playing Beaver puts off the same work and decisions until the next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6