Ashes Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hauritz in clark out.

Not saying its right but thats the way they will go.

Hussey won't be dropped but is on borrowed time unless he can pull some runs out of somewhere.

Hussey will hold his spot but he needs to be tapped on the shoulder after this series. Windies and Pakistan this summer would be the ideal time to give a younger guy a start.

Needs to be Bob, I agree, unfortunately I dont think they will.

And really there just arent any younger guys knocking the door down with weight of runs.

But he certainly needs to lift his game.

I think the 3 top scorers in Shield competiton last season were all openers/first drops. Klinger, Rogers and Hughes.

Hussey has been dropped from the T20 squad so there is a start.

Ferguson would probably be first in line for the #6 spot, I wouldn't be against Hughes batting there either to serve an apprenticeship like Ponting did before shifting to #3, Matthew Wade scored 1000+ runs last season and is probably the long term successor to Haddin, he is good enough to be considered on his batting alone, may be a bit early for him though. Cam White could be an option too if they let him concentrate on batting and forget his bowling, Usman Khawaja is a quality player as well.

Watson is pefectly capable of dropping down the order to let an opener in, Jaques will be back to full fitness and if he hits form he will be hard to ignore. Watson could also break down with injury at any time and open up a spot at the top.

Haddin could move to six with someone like McDonald or Manou at 7 but that would really be a big shift in selection policy for Australia, very unlikely to be used for more than 1 or 2 Tests.

It is a good time to be a young cricketer, a good start to the domestic season could open up some opportunities through the summer.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2