Ashes Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
well you were right on 1 of 3, lets hope you make it 50%

England 7/336 at stumps with all bar cook getting solid starts

Bowlers spreading the honours 2 each for hilfy, johnson and piddle and one for hauritz but it was the important one of peterson.

need to wrap up the tail quickly and make a good start tonight

yeah anything under 400 is a good effort on that deck.

Its a deadset road. I can't believe none of them got a hundred

i saw some good movement from Hilly early on, did he keep it up?

Get the out for under 30 tonight and i will be happy.

Hilf moved it all day, Siddle got some decent movement at times in the afternoon, they were the best two bowlers. Hauritz was very clever in getting Pietersen out.

Yeh my hopes of Clark taking a Michelle Pfieffer are pretty well dead in the water. I was a bit surprised they left him out, thought we could have done with his experience if things get tight. Let's hope we wrap them up under 400 and then bat for 2 days.

couldnt get them out for under 400 but as Fro said the deck isnt offering too much and Ponting and Katich both have cashed in with tons.

Englands lead is about 180 but we still have 9 wickets up our sleeve hopefully we can bat all day tomorrow

I thought Katich led to the down fall of Hughes. Katich should have taken more of the strike against Flintoff so hughes wouldn't get caught up in flintoffs emotion.

But who cares when you have two batsmen who have scored tons and finished out the day.

looks like the rain is going to be Englands big hope

we have a small lead and 5 wickets in hand with 2 days to play

I will be stoked if australia hit 600, then bowl to england with 10 overs left, then the 90 next day.

Dang the rain!..

Have you ever seen someone get out for 150 and though to yourself he got out cheaply? that is exactly what  i thought of ponting. he was looking good for the double.

6/674 dec and england 2/20 and now trail by 219

Rain to be man of the match if the aussies dont win because its the only thing to save them.

if its dry tomorrow we get 98 overs at them.

Why was Siddle bowling at the end ?? In that instance you need to go to your strike bowler. Siddle tried hard but just wasted 4 or 5 overs with poor line and length. I think Ponting thought Siddle was going to blast out the tailenders on a pitch that was offering nothing. Would have been better off bowling at the stumps and making them play every ball. Another frustrating escape by the Poms.

Thought Hauritz bowled pretty well, but he is no Warne. Warney would have cleaned up that tail in no time on that pitch. God we miss him.

He is no Warne but he was the best spinner there out of the 3 and took the most wickets, which is all you can ask of him. Bowled about as good as he can.

I was dissapointed in North, seemed to care more about his wicket than the vistory, reached 100 (in sluggish time as well) before haddin passed 50, when haddin got out there were jsut 3 runs between them. North should have been going hard like haddin did.

Hilfy booked himself into the next test and if Clark is to come in it will be for Piddle, which is fair enough as they are similar style bowlers

If Warney had played, we wouldn't have even reached the fifth day...

Having said that, I thought Hauritz bowled quite well yesterday. Was unlucky not to have a couple more wickets - how Collingwood survived that spell where he edged a few, was nearly bowled, and generally looked uncomfortable.

Criticism of Siddle is a bit odd. I thought he was arguably our best bowler in the first innings. But I'm a fan of his style and what he offers, so I'm fairly biased.

I thought Johnson (who I am also a fan of) was our least effective bowler across the five days. Hilfenhaus was very impressive.

I think Clark needs to play in the next match. 

The poms should bring in Harmison and Sidebottom for Broad and one of the spinners. 

SilentBob link said:
Harmison brought in to the squad for England, Flintoff has injury problems.

Sounds like Broad will keep his place then.  Sidebottom can swing it so will be useful at lords. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4