Ashes Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Had a wicket with his first ball which wasn't given too. Absolutely plum LBW.

I've got no problem going with a four-pronged pace attack. It is what England beat us with in '05. We've got 3 blokes who are more than capable of doing a job and filling in overs (North/Katich/Clarke), and all are just as threatening as Hauritz.

We don't have a first-class quality spinner, so there is no point in playing one.

Hauritz will play, we'll be 400 overs behind the rate if he doesnt.

Agreed he's ****, but do we really want a repeat of India where they gave away a chance at winning a test because they were worried about getting fined.

Well if Ponting could make up his bloody mind and not have ten minute conferences in between overs about setting the field, we wouldn't be in so much trouble. 

100 % agree.

but as he isn't likely to do that there will be a spinner in the 11, and not jsut part timers

Fro link said:
Hauritz will play, we'll be 400 overs behind the rate if he doesnt.

How many overs will Hauritz bowl in an innings though? 20? 30? More?

Split them between the three part-timers we've got. I mean, hopefully their bodies are capable of bowling 8-10 overs in a day (I know Clarke's back isn't great for example) which would give us the same sort of time-saving bowling that Hauritz offers...

clark, johnson and lee cleaned up the tail quickly and we are batting again with a tiny lead of 6

and Ponting will miss a couple of tests if they say "stuff the over rate" the penalties have been increased

if you bowl mainly quicks you will struggle with overs, SA we woeful against us out here but ponting could improve a lot and maybe escape with jsut a fine.

Im pretty sure the England team gets named tongiht

They've already named a 13 man squad. No Harmison.

Which is odd. He's probably the only bowler (aside from Flintoff when he's at his peak) that Australia actually fear.

Onions....even Anderson, don't strike fear into the Aussies. Harmison certainly does. Even if he is erratic - he's a different bowler on home soil. I would've found space for him if I was an English selector.

I think Pigeon is getting a bit long in the tooth by now.

and Haddin is not exactly a weak link.

No i'd have to agree Fluff.

Watson will go down as one of the immortals in the injury prone stakes :)

Can't wait for tonight. Most commentaters seem to be leaning towards an England series win and of course Ian Chappell has come out with his usual dross.

Pumped for the First Test. Seems the late mail is that Hilfy will play and Hauritz will carry the drinks. I'm predicting a first innings century from Katich and I have a feeling that Sarfraz Clark may be the destroyer with the pill.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6