Ashes 2013/14

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So went camping over the weekend and didn't get to see any of the test. Listened on the radio where possible.

Did we dominate ? Obviously Johnson bowled well, about bloody time he got his mojo back. Mecurial to say the least. With him and Harris in form we have a pretty good pace attack. Lyon bowled pretty well from all reports.

Our first dig seemed a bit shaky, only saved by some rearguard action, but the pitch must have had a bit it in because they folded as well.

Great start to the series, and now the Poms lose Trott, who will be hard to replace. I feel a bit more bullish about our hopes than I did 3 months ago.

Same side for Adelaide ?

second test....Aust lose 3 for 19 after a good start.

FFS CHERISH YOUR WICKET you tarded toe rags

How many Poms will be going home with "stress related illnesses" before Perth? Cook for sure and Peterson will go home to South Africa.

The way Johnson bowled in Adelaide would scare any batsman heading to Perth, I wouldn't blame any of the poms for getting away from that. Right now he is one of the top few bowlers in the world and in terms of ferocity well the West Indies of the 80's comes to mind.

The batting has improved this summer, less stupid wickets (if anything they have given that curse to the poms) and what is better is the next in line are making runs too, a stark change from a few months back.

Looking forward to a few broken arms in Perth ;)

Damn straight a few broken arms! If the Aussies can absorb the pom fight back and win in Perth I'll be very happy.

Perth should be a cracker. It's going to be stinking hot over the weekend, so bake them in the field for a day and a half and then they should be ripe to blow away.

The turn around in Johnson has been remarkable. I personally didn't think we'd see him back given all the young talent we had coming through. But injury has given him another sniff and he is on fire. He could be on track to get 250+ test wickets at this rate (before the series is out)

The poms are showing a little more ticker this time but you feel that it will still be 6 out all out type thing.

With the heat over there the pitch is bound to dry out and crack up a bit so days 4 and 5 will be tough, any first innings lead should be more than enough

The pitch is turning into a shocker. 3-0 (after 3) must be running at 8-1 on imo going into day 5. After day 1 in the first Test this is astonishing - but enjoyable. The strains of 'Rule Brittania' in the crowd are almost comical.

Hurry up Boxing Day. A couple of big hundreds from the Aussie openers is on order.

interesting call by Clarke to send them in, doesnt look like the right call so far.

Great ball by Watson and very interesting to watch the 2 in a row that pitched almost identically

Great to hear Bill Lawry back in the box, he is a mile above the other rubbish that comes in these days !!

Haven't seen a massive amount of the day flicking between the 1 dayer and NBA as well. Gonna be interesting to see the Pietersen approach should Bresnan go early

I HATE listening to slater and Taylor and co. I listen to abc radio even if it is 4seconds ahead of the tv.
Something not right in the England team that's for sure.

A couple of late wickets justified clarkes call. When KP and bell looked set he would have been kicking himself. But we could have had KP early if Faulkner had been a little more aware, but still a good effort.

Knock em over for under 300 and decision to bowl will be ok. We didn't bowl that well in first session so wasted a bit of what was in pitch. Second new ball is still shiny so hopefully run through them this morning.

That cricket from Pietersen is some of the worst test cricket I have ever seen, absolutely appalling

If he had Chris Martin at the other end ok, play that shot, but Broad has a high score of 160 and numerous 50s to go with it. Braindead stuff

These 2 days have shown up how **** Healy, Chappell and co are as commentators

Spent all of yesterday going on non stop about how poor England were going at 2.5 an over. Australia going at 2.1 today and it's all about the pitch etc lol

We are struggling. Mentally switched off at 3-0 it seems. Some poor.cricket shots today. Is this baileys last test.

KE they did the same thing about out poor innings first up at the Gabba before taking a big lead after bowling the poms out for 130 odd. They just add more weight to the argument that cricketers are some of the dumbest sporting people on the planet.

Watching day 1 and more so day 2 the pitch looks a bit 2 paced. Hard to time shots, plenty in the air etc.

Right now Clarke is looking a fool for bowling first, especially if it keeps getting worse.

and yes, the mental drive is not there anymore

forgot to add, how funny was it at tea time to see that loud mouth get belted by Lee (who didn't miss)

after 2 or 3 he was a lot quieter and by the end of the over far far more respectful.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4