ASADA Going Shark Fishing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/at-least-six-cronulla-sharks-players-in-sights-of-asada-officials/story-fndujljl-1226591552380

• 👍
Reactions: L80
That is horrendous timing for this mob to go and visit the Sharks

They have had weeks to do it, why leave it until the eve of the season ?

So everyone jumps up and down because nothing was happening after the press conference,Then when they do something it is bad timing.They cant win.

When would be good timing for these interviews?Rd1 is terrible but round 2 is perfect timing?Surely this issue is more important than which week they do it.

If the timing of the interview becomes the issue as opposed to rounding up cheats then it simply underlines the fact that there is a prevailing view that it should be just swept under the carpet.If a few innocent blokes have to attend an interview while chasing guilty parties so what.If I was innocent I wouldn't care less about an interview.They are not little kids these blokes.

If they did the crime,they pay.If they didn't then so be it.No different to any other member of the population under investigation for something.Why do footballers need to be treated differently.

If they have cheated, punnish them but why didn't they conduct these interviews before they went the press conference route?

susan said:
So everyone jumps up and down because nothing was happening after the press conference,Then when they do something it is bad timing.They cant win.

When would be good timing for these interviews?Rd1 is terrible but round 2 is perfect timing?Surely this issue is more important than which week they do it.

If the timing of the interview becomes the issue as opposed to rounding up cheats then it simply underlines the fact that there is a prevailing view that it should be just swept under the carpet.If a few innocent blokes have to attend an interview while chasing guilty parties so what.If I was innocent I wouldn't care less about an interview.They are not little kids these blokes.

If they did the crime,they pay.If they didn't then so be it.No different to any other member of the population under investigation for something.Why do footballers need to be treated differently.

How about doing it the week after the press conference, or the week after that, or the week after that .... Rather than the day before kick off

Ah.... the Press Conference is the culprit once again.

We should just get a blood passport from the Press Conference, interview the Press Conference and then jail the pesky Press Conference.

Problem solved.

And for those worried about a repeat of the old thread on this,I promise that is my last comment.

Julia Guillard had a bad week in Western Sydney, time to get asada back in the headlines. this could go on untill the election.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
manlyfan76 said:
Julia Guillard had a bad week in Western Sydney, time to get asada back in the headlines. this could go on untill the election.

I wonder if Clare and Lundy are conducting the interviews. I can picture them watching through the big one-sided glass, watching procedings... :p

susan said:

We wouldn't know about it if they hadn't conducted that media stunt in the ACT. Again, here's more speculation but NO charges. Once someone is charged then hold a press conference.

That smoke screen put up by personalities around the NRL about the "pointless and baseless" media conference really did a number on a few people huh.

Like they said, it wasn't going to be an immediate thing, and investigations never are. So it continues to unravel!

RLW Mole claims up to 20 NRL players in big trouble.
https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole/status/309171580292972544

https://twitter.com/RossAndJohn/status/309165257320964096

3AW BreakfastVerified account ‏@RossAndJohn

Name of club to follow... MT #RumourFile #ASADA will notify a Sydney Rugby League club that they must immediately stand down 14 players

https://twitter.com/2CC/status/309174789543714817

1206 2CC ‏@2CC

BREAKING NEWS - TAB suspended betting on Sharks V Titans game on Sunday #canberra #2cc #nrl #nrlcrogol

Other betting agencies all now doing likewise.

MWSE said:
That smoke screen put up by personalities around the NRL about the "pointless and baseless" media conference really did a number on a few people huh.

Like they said, it wasn't going to be an immediate thing, and investigations never are. So it continues to unravel!

Some of us formed that opinion within a day of the release, and before the more vocal 'personalities' shared their view.

These types of agencies don't appear on the box and tell the nation all about a current and ongoing investigation into a criminal/terrorist element with a strong 'risk' of an offence being conducted. They keep it under wraps until they hit the key players with specific charges.

But this is different, right?

https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole/status/309175629369200640

The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole

@Williams277 We are talking players who were at these 6 clubs in 2011... many have moved to other clubs - so YES, more clubs.

Hamster Huey said:
MWSE said:

Some of us formed that opinion within a day of the release, and before the more vocal 'personalities' shared their view.

These types of agencies don't appear on the box and tell the nation all about a current and ongoing investigation into a criminal/terrorist element with a strong 'risk' of an offence being conducted. They keep it under wraps until they hit the key players with specific charges.

But this is different, right?

I think there is a difference between national security and sport.

But luckily everyone is entitled to their own opinion in this country!

Sharks board have called an emergency meeting for 6pm tonight, saw the twitter post on league unlimited, sorry no link... oh dear

Sharks players could be stood down by: Josh Massoud
March 06, 2013 4:54PM

BOOKMAKERS have suspended betting in Cronulla's season opener match against Gold Coast amid speculation that up to 14 Sharks players could be stood down in relation to ASADA's investigation of the club.

The Daily Telegraph understands ASADA this week informed Sharks officials and players of the extent of their involvement in the investigation, which focuses on the brief period sports scientist Steve Dank spent at the club in 2011.

The Sharks have also hired a top lawyer to guide them through this difficult period.

It's understood the lawyer has spoken to several of the players implicated.

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has this afternoon declined to comment on the current situation, but denies any Sharks players were interviewed by ASADA.

Sources close to the club, however, believe that ASADA are trying to cut a deal with the club to have players stood down immediately for six months.

Dank was dismissed from Cronulla after his supplement program fell foul of Sharks doctor, David Givney.

The Daily Telegraph has also revealed that Dank continued to treat players at a former Bankstown medical clinic, away from the supervision of their clubs.

Stephen Dank has denied any wrongdoing.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/at-least-six-cronulla-sharks-players-in-sights-of-asada-officials/story-fndujljl-1226591552380

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8