1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASADA drop earl charge

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan76, Jun 2, 2014.

1. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    Just saw on TV that ASADA have dropped the trafficking charge against Shandy Earl. Did not mention the other charges. The greyest day in Australian sport.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    ASADA.................Oh lordy !

3. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Jesus, i wish this ASADA crap would just go away. They seem more confused than us.

4. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Not sure about Sandor's guilt with the rest of the charges but that trafficking charge was a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    meanwhile we have numerous players in the game that are still playing after assaulting women

• Like Like x 2
  6. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Time to call it precisely what it was.
    A giant political stunt by a most desperate Gillard government looking for any distraction under the sun to take the focus off their disunity and ineptness.
    The blackest day in Australian sports... my bum.

How can we even begin to quantify the damage to some of the codes as a result of this concocted mega drama?

• Like Like x 2
  7. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Last week they had a story from former boss of as asada who claimed it was a political stunt. He also said that the way it was handled severely hurt the investigation.

8. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    And so they should , that was crap charging him with that..

What happen to Penrith , who paid all his bills ???

I think Penrith are very lucky to get away with this issue...

I know Earl shouldnt of touched the stuff , but when the club and its doctors are recommending the treatment , whats a young kid suppose to do...

Biggest escape goat ive seen for awhile , and his future most probably in the sport has dissolved...

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    The one that got away.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
    Ratings:
    +429 / 1
    Completely agree WAMF.

11. The Indian

The Indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 9
    What makes me laugh is the way various media organisations who feasted on this story for months and years and blew it up out of all proportion will now flip sides and attack the way it has been handled.

Where is the lynch mob now ?? Its gonna get worse before it gets better, charges are imminent, organised crime is involved, who's looking after our kids, horse drugs, carpark sales in the boot of the car, this is the biggest story ever...blah blah blah

Not naming any particular newspaper in particular....of course.

12. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    From memory the trafficking charge related to transporting the peptide in a car to a doctor to have the injection. (No pun on traffic intended!) There was never any hint that he had sold, traded, enticed others, or anything of that nature and it was a dumb charge in the first place.

Terrific article from Webster today looking at how the investigation was politicised from the beginning and lack of results:
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/richard-ings-joins-backflippers-as-darkest-day-in-australian-sport-becomes-a-giant-grey-area-20140602-zrutc.html

13. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Has it even been established that the peptide Earl used (notice the different implications if I'd said "was injected with") was banned by ASADA regulations at the time? He had advice that it was good, and if it was Dank who was doing the advising I'd be willing to bet he knew exactly how close to sail to the wind. Dank and the Gazelle still seem to know more about ASADA/WADA regulations than any of the dickheads in charge.