1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As time goes by.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mozgrame, Dec 11, 2011.

1. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Isn't it amazing how time has flown. Remember when there were excited fans about the prospect of signing Aaron Moule? Remember the court case with Souths over Dallas Rennie? Remember our top pointscorer for the year once was Ben Walker? Remember the stir that was created amongst fans when team mates Ben Mcdougal shoved Brendan Reeves in our in goal? They were not that long ago, but seem like a lifetime. Has anyone else got some more memories of not so long ago?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    When Kevin mcguiness was our marque signing in 2003 lol

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    How about Scott Donald being a try scoring machine?

4. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Aaahh! Images of Scotty cruising away for another four pointer. That was something to behold!

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    That horrible period when Manly regularly had 50+ points put on them. When was the last time a team scored 50 or more against Manly? Has it happened since the sharks beat us 68-6 in 2005?

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    What about Chad Randall darting down the blind out of dummy half

7. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Craig Field getting snapped in half by the nuggety Newcastle 2nd rower whose name is escaping me atm...Was it David Mullane?

8. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Wow you have a good memory, he only did that once or twice.

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    Donald had alot pace, I remember being gutted when he left for super league.
    But I when i was younger I thought even the worst manly players were superstars,

Anyone remember Dunley spitting on a player and blaming reflux? to be fair he spat on a parra player, who wouldnt?

10. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    In 2002 the Warriors thrashed us 68-10 and the best winning streak we had between 2000 and 2002 was two games.

11. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    A moment I still relish was during a game at Brooky back in 1986-87.
    The Seaeagles were playing St G in a blockbuster match. Ronny Gibbs who was a favourite of mine for his boots & all approach was concussed but refused to leave the field. On the Manly 40 metre line he puts his hand up for a hit up & crashes into 3 St G fowards and comes out the other side but from the initial impact is on the turf. Instinctively he starts crawling down the field on hands & knees for another 10 metres & it took 3 players to literally jump on his back to stop him. Like all Seaeagles fans Tooves comes to mind when you mention guts & determination but Rambo was right up there with him imo. I was devestated when he left Manly & we lost so much backbone without him.

12. arty

arty Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    And Mad Dog stomping on Toovey's face and getting away with it!

13. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    I remember Cement discovering an offload and suddenly becoming a ball playing forward....

I also remember when NSW were competitive in State Of Origin...

14. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    I remember Beaver doing this at Brookie when Field turned out for Balmain after leaving us :p

Field is one of the few Manly players I ever hated. He coat hangered Jack Elsegood the year before he joined us from Souths: and displaced Cliffy-briefly :mad:

Also remember that Rambo game:p
    And when he announced that he was leaving,that 'Give Randalls Jersey Back' banner on the Hill :D

15. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +885 / 27
    I remember very early in Steve Menzies career (maybe his debut) he was standing behind the ruck pulling his socks up and someone passed the ball and hit him in his headgear as he wasn't watching.:)

I remember thinking "who the hell is this kid!!!!"

He certainly made up for it! lol

16. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Hey Clint - pretty sure it was Marc Glanville & it was a corker. Those Seaeagles / Knights games that year were sensational apart from the last one :(
    Field was so far away at 1st reciever he made it very predictable & when the ball was in the air for what seemed an eternity you could see Glanville coming like a bull at a red flag lining him up - suprised Field is alive after that shot!!:)

17. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,342 / 111
    Solomon Haumano, when he got it right I remember thinking "WOW this guy has some potential".

18. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    How about Andrew Walker, could of,should of, would of but did nothing.

19. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I remember a 12 man Canberra side putting 50 on us at brookie. Those were days.

20. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Big Mal Kaufusi(again spelling). I actually liked him alot.