Article on Greenturd being a failure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
Yes that 4-0 Semi v the Rorters, even though we lost has been the best semi final in years

I don't sit there too often after a loss and say 'what a game!'. But after that game I did. I just thought, that was brilliant, pity we lost. But that's rugby league. What a game. Was an 80s/90s Origin type game. And 95% of people quote that game as the best they have seen in many years.

Killer03 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Yes that 4-0 Semi v the Rorters, even though we lost has been the best semi final in years

I don't sit there too often after a loss and say 'what a game!'. But after that game I did. I just thought, that was brilliant, pity we lost. But that's rugby league. What a game. Was an 80s/90s Origin type game. And 95% of people quote that game as the best they have seen in many years.

And ironical really but the NRL don't want to see a game like that, they would much prefer 40-0 at half time, 40 all at full time and the lottery of Golden Point!!

The Who said:
If they think high scoring finals are the most riveting they are idiots. The best finals game in recent memory was Manly V Easts at the SFS which finished 4-nil. That was epic, blood-and-guts rugby league, stoic defence countering great attack, which had everyone in the crowd enthralled for the entire 80 minutes.
We have that airy fairy nine-aside tournament now for the Gen Ys who want soft tries. Unfortunately it seems that our finals are following the same script.

Just goes to show that what real rugby league people want from the game is a million miles away from what the deep thinkers inside the NRL bunker are cooking up for the years to come.

The NRL got lucky last week that the momentum shifted mid game and the team getting flogged came back into it. It won't keep happeneing that way as we saw in the first week of the finals.

The one real finals contest so far was Rorters and Panthers. All because it had the lowest ranked referees who made haphazard and unpredictable decisions.

With Hayne and Cummins the team with the momentum gets all the calls and can't be stopped. I'm tipping Souths or Rorters will win by 50 this week. I'm just not sure which one it will be.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Killer03 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

And ironical really but the NRL don't want to see a game like that, they would much prefer 40-0 at half time, 40 all at full time and the lottery of Golden Point!!

Sounds like the Super League 'vision'. I still remember a Super League game between Canterbury and Penrith where it was about 24-24 after about 20 minutes. The worst rugby league rubbish I have ever seen.

Moops said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Killer03 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Sounds like the Super League 'vision'. I still remember a Super League game between Canterbury and Penrith where it was about 24-24 after about 20 minutes. The worst rugby league rubbish I have ever seen.

You are spot on-there is a lot of "Super League" vision in the "NEW" NRL

Wombat Legacy said:
Moops said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Killer03 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Well, we all know who won the war, don't we?

Moops said:
Wombat Legacy said:
Moops said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Killer03 said:

Well, we all know who won the war, don't we?

Uncle Rupert :)

Just watched a clip of Greenturd on NRL360 talking about how there was no need to change the rule about kicking the ball into the ref as it was fine as is.

OMFG that guy is a clueless piece of sh.t! I'd seriously question if he's ever actually watched a game in his life!

The sight of him just sickens and repulses me. Ohh for the days of Quayle, Arko.

The men who should run the NRL these days should be Gould, Lewis, Meninga,Sterling, Fulton.

I also saw what he had to say on NRL360

What a contemptuous A grade GIT!! he is.

Smug smile absolutely no empathy at all.

Our game is in peril while he runs things.

Right now the rule suits because it favoured the Scumdogs. Same thing about the ref not calling The Grub offside and also Josh Jackson getting away with a chicken wing.

Do you think Greenturd would be singing the same tune if Foz or DCE had kicked the ball into the ref, Manly got an extra set of 6 and won the game because of it? Or if it was one of our players who got away with being offside or if Star had chicken winged Jackson?

That slimy bald-headed prick would be out for blood if it was Manly who had done that and not his Scumdogs.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-needs-someone-to-take-control-and-its-not-todd-greenberg/story-fni3fh9o-1227071074968

haven't read the article as apparently i have read all of my freebies this week/month/w-e

but i liked the title!

Here you go GE

RUGBY league is in the grip paralysis by analysis and no one seems willing or able to sort out the mess.

The video referee system is grossly overused, the referees are confused, the match review committee is clueless and the patients _ as in the coaches and players _ are running the asylum.

Last Saturday night, Bulldogs players argued successfully with referee Gerard Sutton after a Josh Reynolds kick rebounded off Sutton’s legs. The sad part was either they knew more about the rules better or Sutton was so terrified to get something wrong he forgot a basic rule of the game.

Either way it wasn’t a good look.

Then the match review committee inexplicably cleared Bulldogs backrower Josh Jackson of a chicken-wing tackle on Manly’s Josh Starling when the entire rugby league community, apart from those with one blue and one white eye, thought it was a chicken wing.

Sea Eagles captain Jamie Lyon talks to referee Gerard Sutton during the NRL 2nd semi.
Sea Eagles captain Jamie Lyon talks to referee Gerard Sutton during the NRL 2nd semi.
So the bloke who came up with an ugly chicken-wing tackle served no time and the bloke who reacted with a harmless punch copped 10 minutes in the sin bin. It’s insane.

We’re also stopping the game every time a player goes down injured. The video referee checks he hasn’t been injured illegally, the trainer checks him out, the referee stands there like a stuffed toy and the other 25 players on the field take a little breather.

Here’s a tip, refs, unless the player is seriously hurt and the trainer is calling for help, get on with the game. Give the ball to one of the “injured” player’s teammates and get him to play the ball 10 metres away. It’s the way we always did it.

The only way for the game to get out of the rut it’s in is through leadership. Unfortunately, leadership in the NRL is as rare as a lucky break for the Cowboys in the finals.

Todd Greenberg
Todd Greenberg
Former CEO David Gallop was criticised for being reactive rather than proactive but he was a decisive forward thinker compared to the current lot at HQ.

British-born American businessman Harold S Geneen was a clever bloke who had two things to say about leadership: “Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned” and “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things”.

We’re getting an lot of management and little leadership out of the offices of Dave Smith and Todd Greenberg.

Greenberg’s response to the scourge of wrestling in the NRL was to say only the coaches could stop it. So why are we paying you, Todd? Weren’t you hailed as some sort of messiah when you took the NRL job last year? You’re the “head of football”; start heading it.

You can cure the wrestle; you can stop the video referees taking 23 looks at every contentious incident in every game; you can stop the constant rule changes.

All you have to do is show a little leadership.

Finally the media is trying to bring this failure to account.

Eagles2nv said:
Here you go GE

RUGBY league is in the grip paralysis by analysis and no one seems willing or able to sort out the mess.

The video referee system is grossly overused, the referees are confused, the match review committee is clueless and the patients _ as in the coaches and players _ are running the asylum.

Last Saturday night, Bulldogs players argued successfully with referee Gerard Sutton after a Josh Reynolds kick rebounded off Sutton’s legs. The sad part was either they knew more about the rules better or Sutton was so terrified to get something wrong he forgot a basic rule of the game.

Either way it wasn’t a good look.

Then the match review committee inexplicably cleared Bulldogs backrower Josh Jackson of a chicken-wing tackle on Manly’s Josh Starling when the entire rugby league community, apart from those with one blue and one white eye, thought it was a chicken wing.

So the bloke who came up with an ugly chicken-wing tackle served no time and the bloke who reacted with a harmless punch copped 10 minutes in the sin bin. It’s insane.

We’re also stopping the game every time a player goes down injured. The video referee checks he hasn’t been injured illegally, the trainer checks him out, the referee stands there like a stuffed toy and the other 25 players on the field take a little breather.

Here’s a tip, refs, unless the player is seriously hurt and the trainer is calling for help, get on with the game. Give the ball to one of the “injured” player’s teammates and get him to play the ball 10 metres away. It’s the way we always did it.

The only way for the game to get out of the rut it’s in is through leadership. Unfortunately, leadership in the NRL is as rare as a lucky break for the Cowboys in the finals.

Todd Greenberg
Todd Greenberg
Former CEO David Gallop was criticised for being reactive rather than proactive but he was a decisive forward thinker compared to the current lot at HQ.

British-born American businessman Harold S Geneen was a clever bloke who had two things to say about leadership: “Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned” and “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things”.

We’re getting an lot of management and little leadership out of the offices of Dave Smith and Todd Greenberg.

Greenberg’s response to the scourge of wrestling in the NRL was to say only the coaches could stop it. So why are we paying you, Todd? Weren’t you hailed as some sort of messiah when you took the NRL job last year? You’re the “head of football”; start heading it.

You can cure the wrestle; you can stop the video referees taking 23 looks at every contentious incident in every game; you can stop the constant rule changes.

All you have to do is show a little leadership.

Finally the media is trying to bring this failure to account.

Maybe if this was front page of every newspaper, maybe if this was front page in every online news, maybe if Chan 7 & Chan 10 ran this, maybe if Chan 7 put it on Sunday night, maybe if the ABC ran the story......so that the pressure is really put on Smith and Greenturd.

Chances of that.........................................................ZERO

article is spot on!

@HoldenV8 nailed it... Toddy would have been frothing at the mouth ready to sack everyone

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7