Article on fox sports. the pics look so staged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lurker

Beaver lover
Daly Cherry-Evans meets with Cronulla Sharks as club launches $2.5m bid to land Manly star
THE Daly Cherry-Evans circus rolled into another beachside suburb on Monday as the Manly Sea Eagles began losing patience over his drawn-out multi-million dollar contract negotiations.

Exactly a week after checking out the Gold Coast, Cherry-Evans and his partner Vessa arrived in Cronulla for a seafood lunch at the beachfront restaurant Sealevel with Sharks coach Shane Flanagan and chairman Damian Keogh.

The Sharks will have to offer around $2.4 million over three years to get his signature.

862142-494c0e5c-bb1d-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans leaves Crounlla Leagues Club with his partner Vessa Rockliff. Pic Brett Costello Source: News Corp Australia

Privately Manly officials are disappointed about his recent negotiations with rival clubs.

Not that he is testing the market but the fact it is happening so publicly, first on the Gold Coast and now in the Shire in front of TV and newspaper cameras.

His five-eighth partner Kieran Foran is talking to as many if not more rival clubs, but far more discreetly without every move being played out in the media.

Just 48 hours after being flogged in a trial against the Roosters, Cherry-Evans and his partner arrived at Sharks Leagues at 12.30pm to be greeted by Fox Sports journalist Steve Hart and his camera crew who had been apparently tipped off by his camp.

external

Manly coach Geoff Toovey believes Daly Cherry-Evans and Keiran Foran have every right to explore their footballing options, while still tied to the Sea Eagles.

He met Flanagan, Keogh and sponsors inside before having lunch and a tour of the club’s facilities and new development.

The Kangaroos and Origin star refused to discuss the meeting afterwards, leaving it to his agent Gavin Orr to explain the developments in negotiations.

Orr said Cherry-Evans will finally make a decision by the end of the week.

“He’s been impressed by the way Shane Flanagan and the club has handled things,” Orr said.

Asked about the influence of having his mate Ben Barba at the Sharks, Orr said:

“They are close friends and they’ve always spoken about playing together in the same side.

“It’s a factor but not an overriding one.”

He also revealed DCE would meet with a fourth club on Tuesday but refused to say which one.

Which TV network is there to capture it is the big question.

758931-ad692df2-bb13-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg

DCE arriving at Sharks League Club on Monday afternoon. Pic: Fox Sports Source: Supplied

Keogh said after the meeting the talks had been promising.

“We’d love to have him here at Cronulla,” Keogh said.

“That’s no different to any other club but I’d say we’re probably second-favourites behind Manly. I think he was impressed by what we had to offer.”

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan revealed it was the second time he had met Cherry-Evans in recent weeks.

041828-4cd86f48-bb1d-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans leaves Crounlla Leagues Club with his partner Vess Rockliff. Source: News Corp Australia

“This time it was more about looking around at our facilities and other areas of the Shire,” Flanagan said.

“They’ve got one kid starting school next year and another in daycare.

“He’d never really been to Cronulla before apart from getting off the Manly bus at the ground and playing football.

“We also showed him over the development site and had lunch.

“We were more about showing him and his partner where the club is going in the next couple of years and he’s the type of player who can help get us there.”

I swear they've run with our theories haha. It def seems like a setup. There is a video too and gavin orr sounds so damn dodgy

“They’ve got one kid starting school next year and another in daycare."

His eldest daughter would not be even 3 years old yet, smart kid starting school next year.

They should have taken the kids along yesterday to make sure Damian does not get caught out with ages.

Here's the thing, everyone is carrying on as if he has no right to talk to other clubs, he has every right to do so, and he has every right to go and visit those clubs. It is the media who are taking the photos and making the stories. What is DCE meang to do, don a fake beard and moustache, dark cloak and sneak in late at night? No that's ridiculous, he should turn up in the day and have those meetings. Though in my opinion he should at least me wearing some semblance of a suit and not board shorts and a tshirt.

All this hate for him is ridiculous, once again we are giving validity to the glorified gossip columns which now somehow pass as league journalism

Because the longer the procrastination goes on Dan, the more players are being forced to leave/move/shift - it affects more than just them. Plus, like I said, Manly is built on us vs. them. It's not us, if the us want to BE them.

Here's the thing, everyone is carrying on as if he has no right to talk to other clubs, he has every right to do so, and he has every right to go and visit those clubs. It is the media who are taking the photos and making the stories. What is DCE meang to do, don a fake beard and moustache, dark cloak and sneak in late at night? No that's ridiculous, he should turn up in the day and have those meetings. Though in my opinion he should at least me wearing some semblance of a suit and not board shorts and a tshirt.

All this hate for him is ridiculous, once again we are giving validity to the glorified gossip columns which now somehow pass as league journalism
His past comments have created the level of hate towards him on top of not learning from the previous negotiations how to conduct them with a little class and respect.

First negotiation of an upgrade was poorly executed but can be forgiven due to being a kid and experiencing the process for the first time.

Acting in the same manner again with a more show pony style is showing this is part of his character makeup.

Because the longer the procrastination goes on Dan, the more players are being forced to leave/move/shift - it affects more than just them. Plus, like I said, Manly is built on us vs. them. It's not us, if the us want to BE them.

I would argue DCE is not procrastinating, he is actively seeing what is out there to make an informed descision and getting hammered for it. Foran on the other hand is procrastinating and or lying and barely gets a mention. This I do not understand.

“They’ve got one kid starting school next year and another in daycare."

His eldest daughter would not be even 3 years old yet, smart kid starting school next year.

They should have taken the kids along yesterday to make sure Damian does not get caught out with ages.

People move to the north side because of the schools, both public and private. They have the best reputations, naplan and other results. There are more families every year at our local primary that have moved from the south or west because of the schools.

If schools are a serious part of this decision then they would be mad to move.

Dan as I've said on other threads I don't care what he does its a stupid system but it's his right. What I don't like is doing it 9 days before season launch. And since when do fox sports news trucks with a full media crew hang out out the front of football clubs.

Watch the video he smiles like he knew they'd be there and was embarrassed. And there is a picture of Orr waving at the camera. Have the negotiations but show some class to the supporters that have put you in that privileged position. Because if he does want to stay he's rapidly burning bridges and creating animosity.

P.s if it turns out it was a staged media event I say pull our offer. We don't need a circus to detract from the awesome roster we have this year and the good news we could talk about

These guys seem to be scrounging around over a few hundred $k a season, when they'll more than likely make 10 times that post playing with promo/media/sponsor jobs... So why not just settle in at manly and be at a successful club, & become club legends/life members?
Then again, maybe its that few hundred $k a year thats got to go to the player managers!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7