arrrrrghhhhhhhh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I know that after every game ref's cop a blast.

And at half time i was saying that he was being pretty even, things were looking ok.

But now 15 to go I am livid this ref is a joker!

The refs made some frustrating calls for both sides, doesn't really matter when the attack is as shockingly bad as that.

If we were up against a weaker defensive side probably would have won on the back of the solid defence much like the start of last year. Attack is in need of work, as it has for a few years now.

Attack was stagnant at best.

I do think the ref let a lot of hold downs go on, but it went both ways.

Forwards were great. Back... meh, what have they been doing for 6 months?

Is it just me or does everyone look much much bigger.

Bell was hopeless.

Orford has 1 or 2 half decent plays.

Lyon has 1 good play 10 minutes from the end with an inside ball

Attack was shocking.

Ballin best of the play making 3

It's going to be a long season if that is an example of how Orford is going to take "control". Our attack is directionless, and his kicking game is haphazard. Disappointing start.

Nice hit by Perry (has Ben Ross woken up yet ??) and Ballin playing fairly well were about the only positives.

We need a someone who can kick the ball more than 10 metres.

Orford has no power in his kicks and it costs us huge amounts of field position each game.  Vailecki is a joke.  He can't tackle and has nothign in attack,  We should have bought a 5/8 in the offseason instead of another centre and moved Lyon to his rightful position.

I'm not usually one for criticising the boys, but geez, tonight's performance was very very average.

Just a few points:

I thought Orford's fifth tackle options were abysmal - both wingers were continually calling for the ball to go into the air, but I think only twice in the entire game that option was used. Instead, we kept darting back into the ruck area. Their markers were picking us up almost all the time - as a result we couldn't get on a roll. We needed to get the ball wide. With this being said however, I thought our centres tonight were also very ordinary.

On the positive side though, I thought Perry had a reasonable game, same with Choc and Kitey. Can I ask one thing though, with a reduced amount of interchanges, why is Willow being brought on in the 76th minute?

Oh well, not to worry boys, bring on Newie next week!!

I'll be doing the lower grade sections in the next couple of days. Pretty certain we got up in both grades. I also think Darren will be writing some reports, so stay tuned to that section of the website.

Cheers guys.

Defense was good, attack hopeless.  One out running or lateral backline movement easily defended against.  Orford needs a couuple of weeks in the park and Des should promote a 20s player to half.  Please God make this Orford's last season with us.. 

For those interested, all three lower grade pages have been updated following this weeks results.

NSW Cup defeated Wenty 28-24
Toyota Cup defeated Cronulla 22-14, and
Harold Matthews and SG Ball are playing Canberra tomorrow at Brookie (1:30pm kick off in Matts, 3:00pm in Ball)

Cheers.

Very ordinary. SOS to the Wolves?

Perry and King were good.

The Ox struggles to read the game.

I can see why we wanted to buy Carney desperately.  Looks like Max wasted that block of flats on a dud half.

Came home pretty juiced up and put the tape on but gave up after 10mins and went to bed, up early this morning to watch it, ****ING AWFUL !!!

I could give the ref a spray, but we didn't deserve the win anyway.

Perry,King and Kite were sensational, the rest not really worth talking about too much

Interesting to see Ballin getting a lot of praise in here, if Monaghan, Matai or King had have given away those penalties he did they would be getting slammed on here

It was lucky that it wasnt a cold night,because Robertson and Bani wouldve finished the night with frostbite....the ball just never got out to them.
Very frustrating and boring performance for us fans to fork out $25 to sit in sub-standard facilities.

Lyon to centre in place of Bell (who is sadly not the player he was) and try Le Strange at 5/8

HOW COME EVERYONE CAN SEE THAT LYON IS NOT A 5/8 APART FROM DES AND CRUSHER

sorry for the cap locks

1st 10-15 manly showed glimpes of great footy, totaly outplayed them, should have had a few tries on them , but the sharks were very gutsy to hold on
Manly's attack last nite was predictable 1 dimension stuff
Orford seemed to be trying too hard where last season he had Monas to step up when he was having a poor game, last nite it should have been Lyon to step up but he alas he didn't, Lyon did miss 10 tackles though LOL

I can't believe the praise Ballin is getting. I was at the game and thought except for the pass for Watmough's try, he looked lost.

Maybe when I look at the replay I'll change my mind.

Good news is that L'Estrange had a top game in Second Grade. He was very sharp and creative and the best player on the field by far.

Also some exciting prospects in Toyota Cup. The 5/8 Kieran Foran was brilliant. I think there's a real chance he'll play firsts this year (particularly if the Orford / Lyon combination doesn't improve. The young half Cherry-Evans was also very good and a centre Mark Page.

So there's some positives from the night!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6