1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARLC keen to show games live on mobile devices from next year

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    THE ARL Commission has wasted little time in turning its attention to its next rights deal, forecasting the possibility of having NRL matches streamed live on mobile devices in 2013.

Read the full article

2. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    THE ARL Commission has wasted little time in turning its attention to its next rights deal, forecasting the possibility of having NRL matches streamed live on mobile devices in 2013.

Read the full article

3. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Every game should be available to stream live in HD via a paid subscription service.
    That'll show 9 who's boss on Sunday arvos.

4. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Every game should be available to stream live in HD via a paid subscription service.
    That'll show 9 who's boss on Sunday arvos.

5. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I know that if a legal stream was available that I would most definitely subscribe to it to watch the game live and like WAMF has said, every game should be available to stream live in HD.

6. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I know that if a legal stream was available that I would most definitely subscribe to it to watch the game live and like WAMF has said, every game should be available to stream live in HD.

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    Agree 100%, those of us in Queensland would jump on board in a flash...imagine if for say $5.00 you could watch (legally) the Manly-Bulldogs game rather than waiting for 9.30pm

BRING IT ON

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    Agree 100%, those of us in Queensland would jump on board in a flash...imagine if for say $5.00 you could watch (legally) the Manly-Bulldogs game rather than waiting for 9.30pm

BRING IT ON

• Like Like x 1
  9. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    and given how easy it is to hook up these tablets / laptops etc to a big screen there'd be a pretty large take up. offer up a free (with ads) option or an uninterupted live stream for a few bucks per game.
    the structure is already in place, you just have to be outside australia to access it. so i dont think it'd be too hard to implement for next season to have a local option.

10. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    and given how easy it is to hook up these tablets / laptops etc to a big screen there'd be a pretty large take up. offer up a free (with ads) option or an uninterupted live stream for a few bucks per game.
    the structure is already in place, you just have to be outside australia to access it. so i dont think it'd be too hard to implement for next season to have a local option.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I put this news item up as I would certainly be interested. I'd pay to watch a Sunday game, or any other, that was on FTA delay. Could be good days ahead.

12. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I put this news item up as I would certainly be interested. I'd pay to watch a Sunday game, or any other, that was on FTA delay. Could be good days ahead.

13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    This is the future of content dispersal. FTA delayed telecasts will be extinct in less than 5 years. Smart darts from the ARLC to keep those rights as a separate contract.

Although I suspect that the Channel 9 FTA / Foxtel PPV bid has some caveats about other modes of dispersing the content. You certainly wouldn't outlay $1bil if your suscriber base is going to be eroded by other providers

14. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    This is the future of content dispersal. FTA delayed telecasts will be extinct in less than 5 years. Smart darts from the ARLC to keep those rights as a separate contract.

Although I suspect that the Channel 9 FTA / Foxtel PPV bid has some caveats about other modes of dispersing the content. You certainly wouldn't outlay $1bil if your suscriber base is going to be eroded by other providers

15. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    Perhaps Chan 9 have to get into streaming for a cost, as in buy the additonal rights to stream.

Then those who don't care just wait for FTA and the advertisments, and those fans who live in QLD can pay to watch the other game live.

Money for jam I'd reckon!!

16. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    Perhaps Chan 9 have to get into streaming for a cost, as in buy the additonal rights to stream.

Then those who don't care just wait for FTA and the advertisments, and those fans who live in QLD can pay to watch the other game live.

Money for jam I'd reckon!!

17. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    And now the govt has passed a bill where people's online history can be stored and sifted through, visiting unofficial fishing spots runs you the risk of a jack booted visit during the night!

18. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    And now the govt has passed a bill where people's online history can be stored and sifted through, visiting unofficial fishing spots runs you the risk of a jack booted visit during the night!

19. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    have you not seen Samuel L on tele lately?

you can see most live sports streamed for free!

20. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    have you not seen Samuel L on tele lately?

you can see most live sports streamed for free!